X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gomsuman
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

captins i wouldn't be surprised if Tropp got the C, Rowe with an A, and wither Krug or Gazely with an A. Also just my thought.. nobody has mentioned Palmisano as a possibility of getting an A. Again just a thought... after what i have seem i am not a huge fan of him...

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
    At one point Refrew was being discussed at a possible coach for Western. It appears that has fizzled, or am I reading that incorrectly?
    As far as I know, Renfrew was never seriously considered for Western, and has not been part of the list of candidates interviewed so far. It is widely believed he is RC's natural successor.

IMHO, he will will weary of waiting to get his head-coaching start and jump ship sooner or later. If Comley finishes out his current contract, Renfrew would be 44 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

At one point Refrew was being discussed at a possible coach for Western. It appears that has fizzled, or am I reading that incorrectly?

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

I would go and say that for C's and A's options:
    Seniors:
    Tropp
    Rowe
    Gazely

Juniors:
    Crandell
    Nill

Sophomores:
    Krug
    Grant

Of course, it's in the players hands (pretty much) so time will tell us who they think are leaders.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
    How about Forfar?
    Another good choice. Just having a conversation with some of these guys - especially our freshmen and sophs. - they seem like poised, smart and level-headed individuals and can bring different leadership qualities to wearing the 'A'.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Something of note over at the Red Cedar Message Board...

The script hockey logo appears to be gone for next season.
    What does he mean by "wordmark"? Maybe there is script but it's just in a different style now. I hope i am not bummed out about these new jerseys. Too bad we can't just go back to the cursive "Michigan State".

Leave a comment:

• BlimpGuy
    replied

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    I could see him and Grant with "A"s in 2011-2012.
    How about Forfar?

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Something of note over at the Red Cedar Message Board...

The script hockey logo appears to be gone for next season.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking Krug could carry an A. That kid is a dynamo and looks like he could be a fiery leader. Too young?
    I could see him and Grant with "A"s in 2011-2012.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking Krug could carry an A. That kid is a dynamo and looks like he could be a fiery leader. Too young?
    I don't think you're crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    BTW - could someone continue this under a new topic reflective of the current state of the program? The current title is ... can't even say it.
    Eh, i know everybody's morale is pretty low but barring unexpected defections this summer, I think we are in great shape. Just remember what this team looked like at this time last year. The guys will work hard over the summer and I don't think the team will let next year's freshman have it easier than this year's. We will be exciting next season.

Leave a comment:

• Gomer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Yes, I understand your passion for Spartan Hockey goes unabated so I'll just say you can continue to be unafraid of Tropp for one more year.
    Rowe too.

BTW - could someone continue this under a new topic reflective of the current state of the program? The current title is ... can't even say it.
    Last edited by owslachief; 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Follow the fine example set by Johnny Spirit. Take that token course.
    Aren't all courses at sparty blow-off classes???

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Petry has signed or will sign today with Edmonton - or Oklahoma City (new AHL location). Not a big surprise. Somewhat disappointing ... if the season had ended differently, I'm wondering if his decision would have changed.
    Possibly. I for one am relieved, not because I was particularly scared of him or anything (no sparty on your team scared me last year, even Tropp) but rather because he is the son of former Tiger Dan Petry. For some odd reason I find it difficult to root against him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X