• gomsuman
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

all in all not terrible

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

Alright, after staring at them for more i have finally decided that i like them. I think our hockey team will remain the sharpest looking of the major sports.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

The green one has grown on me very quickly. The white (home) one has not...yet. I will probably go out and get a new green one. I'm going to have to go out and purchase the old version of the white one, as I will never forget the script jerseys-I grew up on those, and want to make sure to have something to remember those memories with.

Leave a comment:

• Gomer
    replied

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
    About the Uniforms: My instant reaction was that they were horrible, particularly the home one but they have already grown on me. I still am not sure about the Spartan Helmet but for some reason i do like that our home and away are different instead of just inverses.

Still not sure about the back of the home whites but i don't feel as bad about it as i did initially.

I'll quickly get over the change. I will miss our old script though.
    I like the helmet on the whites.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

About the Uniforms: My instant reaction was that they were horrible, particularly the home one but they have already grown on me. I still am not sure about the Spartan Helmet but for some reason i do like that our home and away are different instead of just inverses.

Still not sure about the back of the home whites but i don't feel as bad about it as i did initially.

I'll quickly get over the change. I will miss our old script though.

Also, they didn't show the back of our aways. I am curious.

I think the new football ones are rather poor, though.
    Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 04-23-2010, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gomer
    replied

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    I can't figure out what the circle below the neck is...any idea?
    *****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4546649304_e462e2feaf_b.jpg******

?

Leave a comment:

• Zudnic
    replied

Looks like the NCAA logo.

AWESOME uniforms.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

I know that is what is on the Nike Elite basketball uniform, but I don't think that exists for their hockey series.

And don't tell people you think our program fits in the elite category...you will lose friends!

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

From what someone on RCMB said it's a medallion that the "Elite" schools get.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

*****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4545719903_54a5d7cbac_o.jpg******

Back of the home:
    *****http://i44.tinypic.com/rjlamu.jpg******

I'm not really sure what I think about them. I think the away looks great, and the white is alright in the front, but the back is just awful.

Oh well, at least they didn't screw these up as bad as they did the football jerseys. The basketball ones are amazing, except they put Spartans on the chest instead of State.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Just got my first look at the new hockey uniforms...to quote the great John McEnroe...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! Our uniforms were one of the most recognizable and respected in college hockey. Now we look like a high school team.

I'm not going to worry too much about it because it really is no big deal, it just looks strange. It doesn't represent any traditional hockey uniform, or at least any that has been worn at MSU. That is a problem, in my opinion.
    Last edited by STATEdude3; 04-23-2010, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

I agree. Without reading your suggestion though my first thought was Mike Merrifield. I know he is unproven but he does have Leveille type speed and like Rowe and Gazley he is willing to toss his body around.

What about putting Grant with Rowe and Gazley? We saw this on the PP a couple of times and I liked it enough to give it another look.
    I like it ... Grant played centre (whatever that is) in BC.

Add:
    As far as the recruiting goes, now we have two forwards (Canton's Greg Wolfe and Landmark, MB's Lee Reimer) to go along with a D-man and goalie. He's put in two years in the USHL. I'm beginning to think this is the model for our recruited junior players, and that Sinelli, Johnstone and Darnell will be asked to put in another year at that level.

I'm a little less sleepless over the 2011 incoming class.
    Last edited by owslachief; 04-22-2010, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gomsuman
    replied

so then what is the tropp line??

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

I agree. Without reading your suggestion though my first thought was Mike Merrifield. I know he is unproven but he does have Leveille type speed and like Rowe and Gazley he is willing to toss his body around.

What about putting Grant with Rowe and Gazley? We saw this on the PP a couple of times and I liked it enough to give it another look.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X