X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Stemming from my procrastination-driven walk through Munn today, I can confirm the block "S" at center ice has been replaced with the helmet logo.

I can also confirm that the boards have been repainted - we now have green bluelines. (Greenlines?)

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Bad news for a UAH program scrambling for post-CHA stability, but good news for Danton nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

You might have seen this on a different thread, but former MSU right winger and current UAH coach Danton Cole has become a coach of US-NTDP.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Yes he is. He's a good player too; very smart.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Is the Travis Walsh (D - Muskegon) who verbally committed to MSU the son of Shawn?
    He's Ron Mason's grandson, so I would assume so.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied

Is the Travis Walsh (D - Muskegon) who verbally committed to MSU the son of Shawn?

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

don't go Izzo.

my grief knows no bounds.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

I think Whitten will make a solid career out of coaching if that is something he wants. I remember going to practices at Munn when he played in the late 90's to early 00's and he was ALWAYS the hardest worker on the ice. He was intense during the games (and during the fights after the games against Michigan). If his coaching style is anything like this, I think he will make it to good places.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    So what do you guys think of Damon Whitten?
    Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    I've met Damon on a couple of occasions. Good guy, and he does some great work at the hockey office.
    Regardless of the disparity in recent years of the two programs, I'd say his move to asst. coaching job at Tech is a step ... UP. Nice for him. Good to have another Mason protege in the coaching mix.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I've met Damon on a couple of occasions. Good guy, and he does some great work at the hockey office.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    vs. field hockey team on ice?
    Again, Comley is adamant about keeping the number of home games to a minimum. The series must take place at Ralph Young Field, or no go.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    So, with U. Maine coming to EL during the 14th and 15th of October, and with UAH likely at Munn the following weekend, can anybody take an educated stab at what we're doing for the opening weekend?

Football is in Ann Arbor, so we could, in theory, schedule a non-conference cupcake at home, however, Comley still seems pretty adamant about keeping the number of home games to a minimum (especially considering our attendance woes) so I don't think that's going to happen.

Non-conference tournament? Repay the favor for UML? Convalesce from the grueling off-season and take the weekend off? Something else entirely?
    vs. field hockey team on ice?

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

So, with U. Maine coming to EL during the 14th and 15th of October, and with UAH likely at Munn the following weekend, can anybody take an educated stab at what we're doing for the opening weekend?

Football is in Ann Arbor, so we could, in theory, schedule a non-conference cupcake at home, however, Comley still seems pretty adamant about keeping the number of home games to a minimum (especially considering our attendance woes) so I don't think that's going to happen.

Non-conference tournament? Repay the favor for UML? Convalesce from the grueling off-season and take the weekend off? Something else entirely?

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    If true this is good news. I hope they get the details worked out.
    Friday, Nov. 26
    Michigan at Wisconsin
    Michigan State at Minnesota

Saturday, Nov. 27
    Michigan State at Wisconsin
    Michigan at Minnesota

Leave a comment:

Working...
X