• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

don't go Izzo.

my grief knows no bounds.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Is the Travis Walsh (D - Muskegon) who verbally committed to MSU the son of Shawn?

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
        Is the Travis Walsh (D - Muskegon) who verbally committed to MSU the son of Shawn?
        He's Ron Mason's grandson, so I would assume so.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Yes he is. He's a good player too; very smart.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

You might have seen this on a different thread, but former MSU right winger and current UAH coach Danton Cole has become a coach of US-NTDP.

Comment

Bad news for a UAH program scrambling for post-CHA stability, but good news for Danton nonetheless.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Stemming from my procrastination-driven walk through Munn today, I can confirm the block "S" at center ice has been replaced with the helmet logo.

I can also confirm that the boards have been repainted - we now have green bluelines. (Greenlines?)

That is all.
                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Hmmm i am going to have to check out these greenlines and helmet logo.

Comment

From January to December, 2001 was one heck of a year for Spartan Hockey. After Ryan Miller got the shutout record and the Hobey, and MSU went to the Frozen Four, then came October and the Cold War with Michigan, where Duncan Keith scored in his very first game in the Green & White - and Miller even had an assist.

9 years later Miller has won the Vezina Trophy and Keith has won the Norris.
                    As someone said "It's a great day to be a Spartan"
                    Last edited by owslachief; 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      From January to December, 2001 was one heck of a year for Spartan Hockey. After Ryan Miller got the shutout record and the Hobey, and MSU went to the Frozen Four, then came October and the Cold War with Michigan, where Duncan Keith scored in his very first game in the Green & White - and Miller even had an assist.

9 years later Miller has won the Vezina Trophy and Keith has won the Norris.
                      As someone said "It's a great day to be a Spartan"
                      This was quite a decade for Spartan hockey. There were ups and downs along the way, but Miller's Hobey, the national championship, and a steady flow of contributors to the NHL remind me that MSU hockey is still relevant.
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

One tiny bit of news regarding the GLI, gleaned from a story posted on the schedules thread: Colorado College, who replaces Boston University in the GLI, will be the late game on 12/29 vs. MSU. Thought that would be a handy thing to pass on.
                        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

Disappointed to see BU bail out, but CC is a quality replacement. They were dominant during their 2005 appearance. That just happened to be the game that marked the beginning of the Jeff Lerg era at MSU as Dominic Vicari was pulled early in the game.
                          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Death Watch begins for the Corey Tropp era. Post-mortem by this Friday ...
                            time to imagine life with Gazely as your leading senior scorer.

Comment

What does MSU stand for?

Because I swear to god it stands for Mega *****ty University!!!!

See you all during the season bromigos

Comment

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Comment

Working...
                                X