Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
    OK, I'm not fueling this rumor..... BUT- If you put yourselves in the slippers of the ATL program you have to wonder what is happening to your First Round Draft Pick.... Should I bring him in-house to fatten him up, or do I let him sit in East Lansing and keep chasing the girls instead of eating. But seriously, what does a professional program think when you have your #1 draft pick out there... I don't know.
    I was at BW3 in East Lansing last night, and I had this exact same debate about Jimmy Howard and the Red Wings/Maine. Detroit decided his development would be better under their control, and they talked him into it. This is what I am afraid of with Leveille.

It is important that players use their years at MSU to develop certain skills like solid 2 way play. Along the way they do extensive weight training and conditioning. However, the professional teams have endless resources that can help develop these players into exactly who they want them to be. If ATL sees that Leveille is not developing physically at MSU, they may want to take him under their wing and monitor him more closely.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

On Staudt earlier today, Comley said he expects Tropp to jump to Buffalo.

Ugh.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

This is a nightmare. Short of a bomb falling on Munn Arena, I don't know if things could get much worse right now.
        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
          On Staudt earlier today, Comley said he expects Tropp to jump to Buffalo.
          And ??

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
            Philly is the worst at plucking young college talent. You would think that with all the college guys they take early that don't develop as fast as they like, they would stop taking that chance.
            No, LA is by far...
            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is a nightmare. Short of a bomb falling on Munn Arena, I don't know if things could get much worse right now.
              If I didn't know any better, I would say you're beginning to panic.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                If I didn't know any better, I would say you're beginning to panic.
                Just a bit...
                MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  And ??
                  That's practically a direct quote. Didn't give a timetable as to when, but he said he expected it.

From all of the other stuff I've heard, if he does depart, it'll be near draft time.
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Just a bit...
                    I'm not mashing the bright, red, blinking button yet, but I'm clenching my fist in preparation to.

Where's the fast forward button on the off-season? Or, better yet, where's the reset button?
                    66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                      Well, Comley's haters can rejoice, as this one we can confirm he didn't see coming. Extremely tough break for us, as this will totally jumble our top lines.

Comley's going to have to do some digging to find a serviceable replacement, as the timing of this signing is incredibly, incredibly bad for us. Nonetheless, good luck to Rowe. Kid was easily one of my favorite Spartans, and his three years here were excellent.

If Tropp bolts come draft time, we will be in a world of hurt. Good luck trying to find a replacement for Tropp's output in late June.
                      We go through this pretty much every August. Relax, the sun will still rise tomorrow.
                      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't have to worry about Leveille bolting to Atlanta. They are no longer interested. Perhaps the Ice Capades would be a better destination. Leveille's problems don't start with his weight, they stem from the fact that perimeter players either need to put up great numbers or they are useless. Sorry, but there are a lot of red faces in Atlanta over this one.

Comment

Originally posted by GOGO View Post
                          Don't have to worry about Leveille bolting to Atlanta. They are no longer interested. Perhaps the Ice Capades would be a better destination. Leveille's problems don't start with his weight, they stem from the fact that perimeter players either need to put up great numbers or they are useless. Sorry, but there are a lot of red faces in Atlanta over this one.
                          Care to provide some proof?
                          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

Perimeter players? You need to let grownups play here.

I know YOU've had it in for him for a few months ... this borders on obsession.

Comment

Sorry Owl, but you and I don't agree. I can tell you that I am just a little closer to the scene than you. This isn't a big secret.

Comment

Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

But yeah, if Tropp bolts then arguably our 3 most important players for next season will have left. Very, very disappointing as I had pegged next year's roster as possibly the best that Comley will have had to work with since he has been here at msu, assuming that at least Rowe and Tropp would stay. I didn't think Tropp was quite ready and Rowe i never saw leaving. Petry was pretty expected.

I think we will be a good, solid team; however, I am afraid that we will have lost 1 or 2 too many key components to really do damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X