Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Aaaaand there is the confirmation.

Best of luck Rowe...thank you for giving your very best to Spartan Hockey.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

well this is going to be devastating to our lines next year..

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
        well this is going to be devastating to our lines next year..
        I am worried that Tropp and/or Levielle may not take this well and bolt themselves. We just went from a top 3 CCHA finish to MAYBE 6/7 in my opinion.
        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          I am worried that Tropp and/or Levielle may not take this well and bolt themselves. We just went from a top 3 CCHA finish to MAYBE 6/7 in my opinion.
          Lets hope that neither of those things happen. Because if they do then we will be right back to where we were two years ago. I am sure that some of the young guys will step us nicely though (got to always think positive cause there is a long time till next season).

Comment

Well, Comley's haters can rejoice, as this one we can confirm he didn't see coming. Extremely tough break for us, as this will totally jumble our top lines.

Comley's going to have to do some digging to find a serviceable replacement, as the timing of this signing is incredibly, incredibly bad for us. Nonetheless, good luck to Rowe. Kid was easily one of my favorite Spartans, and his three years here were excellent.

If Tropp bolts come draft time, we will be in a world of hurt. Good luck trying to find a replacement for Tropp's output in late June.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              I sure hope you're right.

Because of this.
              Ph*ck you Philly. Parasites.
              Instead of being negative toward Philadelphia, let us hope they recognized talent in Andrew Rowe and offered him an opportunity he couldn't turn down. This is someone with good family support, and I would at least like to think he consulted with his family before making a decision.

After having had the chance to attend Ernie Harwell's visitation earlier tonight, I am reminded that we all occasionally need to reorder our priorities. Flame me if you want, but we are fans, alums or students - we're not out there playing. This is not about us. Whatever happens to this team next year - as disheartening as it may be to the fans - life will go on off the ice, or it won't. Make the best of it.
              "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                I sure hope you're right.

Because of this.
                Ph*ck you Philly. Parasites.
                Well, here's the deal for Rowe: Either he pays 1/10th or 1/5th of in-state tuition to play for MSU, or, he jumps and makes $500,000 with the Flyers or (more likely) $87,500 with the Phantoms.

I don't blame the kid for grasping the brass ring.
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                  Instead of being negative toward Philadelphia, let us hope they recognized talent in Andrew Rowe and offered him an opportunity he couldn't turn down. This is someone with good family support, and I would at least like to think he consulted with his family before making a decision.

After having had the chance to attend Ernie Harwell's visitation earlier tonight, I am reminded that we all occasionally need to reorder our priorities. Flame me if you want, but we are fans, alums or students - we're not out there playing. This is not about us. Whatever happens to this team next year - as disheartening as it may be to the fans - life will go on off the ice, or it won't. Make the best of it.
                  Well said Arwen.... And I still think this team will be "OK". There are some guys who should develop and grow into next season. Rowe didn't exactly turn the ice to fire his first season, but he was steady his second. Don't panic yet fans...
                  "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Can't blame the kid in his situation. Most people in his position would jump at the chance. I won't be too surprised if Tropp ends up leaving as well. I cannot see Leveille leaving early as he still needs to develop physically which he can do at MSU without Atlanta paying for it. I could see Grant leaving early.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                      Well, here's the deal for Rowe: Either he pays 1/10th or 1/5th of in-state tuition to play for MSU, or, he jumps and makes $500,000 with the Flyers or (more likely) $87,500 with the Phantoms.

I don't blame the kid for grasping the brass ring.
                      I believe the max salary in the AHL for entry level contracts is $67,500.But based on how his agent structured the NHL portion of the contract, he should get 10% of that salary as a bonus, at a minimum. So using the $500K number, that would be $50,000 bonus and $67,500 minor league salary = $117,500 at a minimum. If Rowe gets called up, then the number goes up.

Since MSU encourages their kids to attend summer school, I am thinking he is closer to graduating from school than one might think.

Comment

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
                        Can't blame the kid in his situation. Most people in his position would jump at the chance. I won't be too surprised if Tropp ends up leaving as well. I cannot see Leveille leaving early as he still needs to develop physically which he can do at MSU without Atlanta paying for it. I could see Grant leaving early.
                        Leveille needs to spend some time at Rice Kitchen and Burgerama at The Riv and anywhere that has calorie loaded food in East Lansing. He is going to have a frustrating end to his career if he cant find a way to pack on some pounds.
                        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Leveille needs to spend some time at Rice Kitchen and Burgerama at The Riv and anywhere that has calorie loaded food in East Lansing. He is going to have a frustrating end to his career if he cant find a way to pack on some pounds.
                          True.

True, he may have gained 25 pounds last off-season, but he's still really scrawny.
                          66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                            True.

True, he may have gained 25 pounds last off-season, but he's still really scrawny.
                            For some people weight gain doesn't equate to gains in mass. That is what he needs. He needs to spend some time with the lineman from the football team, and match them plate for plate.
                            MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

OK, I'm not fueling this rumor..... BUT- If you put yourselves in the slippers of the ATL program you have to wonder what is happening to your First Round Draft Pick.... Should I bring him in-house to fatten him up, or do I let him sit in East Lansing and keep chasing the girls instead of eating. But seriously, what does a professional program think when you have your #1 draft pick out there... I don't know.
                              "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...delphia-Flyers
                                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                                - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X