Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
    I agree. If (when?) Tropp leaves they may have a very difficult time putting the puck in the net on a consistent basis.
    I must admit I do not know enough about our incoming class, but I just don't think there would be nearly enough firepower to overcome Sucharski/Rowe/(Tropp). Just imagine what our power play could look like!
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

no offense but i can't find him leaving anywhere on the internet... it is totally not out of question that it is more than likely to happen though

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
        no offense but i can't find him leaving anywhere on the internet... it is totally not out of question that it is more than likely to happen though
        I haven't found anything either. Can we get some confirmation or denial, here?

If he's gone, we're in a bit of a rough spot.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I haven't seen anything through the usual lines of communication. Sometimes announcements are made the following day though (like the Adbdelkader signing). I'm not a facebook stalker, so I cant speak to that avenue of investigation.
          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
            I haven't seen anything through the usual lines of communication. Sometimes announcements are made the following day though (like the Adbdelkader signing). I'm not a facebook stalker, so I cant speak to that avenue of investigation.
            This is the only place that I've read about Rowe signing anything. Is this a rumor or is there someplace to confirm it?
            "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
              This is the only place that I've read about Rowe signing anything. Is this a rumor or is there someplace to confirm it?
              I still haven't seen anything anywhere. Anyone who is friends with Rowe want to facebook stalk for an answer?
              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Comley said Rowe told him “he’s definitely not leaving.” this i found on the state news website while doing some internet searching... so if he did leave then i don't think anyone (Comley) saw this coming.

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                  Apparently this thing got started with a post on a jr. hockey blog - someone who claims connection with Muskegon. There are myriad places I'd look for confirmation before I'd look here - but I wouldn't be shocked if there is a solid reason we read "rumors". If you held a gun to my head I'd say this is someone in the grapevine who got the story wrong - or someone getting in a dig on us.

If this is substantiated - I'd say this is the biggest blow to our program in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    Apparently this thing got started with a post on a jr. hockey blog - someone who claims connection with Muskegon. There are myriad places I'd look for confirmation before I'd look here - but I wouldn't be shocked if there is a solid reason we read "rumors". If you held a gun to my head I'd say this is someone in the grapevine who got the story wrong - or someone getting in a dig on us.

If this is substantiated - I'd say this is the biggest blow to our program in two years.
                    This would be as damaging as the Kennedy/Ratchuk departure. We expected Abdelkader to leave, but the loss of the other two was devastating. This would be the exact same thing.

I still have not read anything or heard from any of the hockey people that this has legs. I am going to assume it's speculation until there is something that says otherwise.
                    MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

OK, I will confirm this...

It is a rumor... and that's all I know.

I've heard this rumor from about 5 different sources, and yet nothing can be confirmed by anyone. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this because if it is true, there's nothing we can do about it anyway. I will still try to find something, but I am not holding my breath.
                      "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                        I've heard this rumor from about 5 different sources, and yet nothing can be confirmed by anyone. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this because if it is true, there's nothing we can do about it anyway. I will still try to find something, but I am not holding my breath.
                        If Rowe and Tropp don't have anything firm now, then the next thing that the coaching staff will have to concern themselves with is losing them when they go to the pro team's development camp(s) this summer. Lots of pressure with the pro personnel people (and other players) telling a kid how it is good to 1) have money and 2) play for a chance to get to the show. You can't get to the show if you are still playing college hockey in December, January and February.

If they are on the brink of leaving, it is probably better that they go now and then the coaching staff will still have a decent chance to replace them with a USHL, BCHL or NAHL guy who can get through admissions versus having to get something through admissions in August.
                        Last edited by observer85; 05-06-2010, 11:20 AM.
                        Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
                          Rowe signs with Philly . Hopefully Tropp doesn't follow and sign with Buffalo.
                          Andrew Rowe has had a nice career, a bit back ended with the production (7 points as freshman, 14 as sophomore and 28 as junior) but on the right path. Probably in high demand but stay another year, finish school and be in even more demand - plus he could burn a year of a 2 year contract like Casey Wellman of UMass did by signing with the Minnesota Wild.

I would hope that Corey Tropp does not leave after being given a life line by Comley after his "issue" in his sophomore year. The pro game will be there, this fall or the next fall after. He would have to sign a 3 year deal if he leaves this summer but only a 2 year deal after his senior year.

The player I would be more concerned about leaving this summer might be Daultan Leveille. His first 2 years were a bit sporatic but solid. As a 1st rounder, perhaps Atlanta is ready to have him continue his development in their system?

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                            If Rowe and Tropp don't have anything firm now, then the next thing that the coaching staff will have to concern themselves with is losing them when they go to the pro team's development camp(s) this summer. Lots of pressure with the pro personnel people (and other players) telling a kid how it is good to 1) have money and 2) play for a chance to get to the show. You can't get to the show if you are still playing college hockey in December, January and February.

If they are on the brink of leaving, it is probably better that they go now and then the coaching staff will still have a decent chance to replace them with a USHL, BCHL or NAHL guy who can get through admissions versus having to get something through admissions in August.
                            Good points. And leave it to Philly to pull the rug out from under us (or other programs in this state for that matter) when things are relatively quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              Good points. And leave it to Philly to pull the rug out from under us (or other programs in this state for that matter) when things are relatively quiet.
                              Philly is the worst at plucking young college talent. You would think that with all the college guys they take early that don't develop as fast as they like, they would stop taking that chance.
                              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by montyminny View Post
                                I would hope that Corey Tropp does not leave after being given a life line by Comley after his "issue" in his sophomore year. The pro game will be there, this fall or the next fall after. He would have to sign a 3 year deal if he leaves this summer but only a 2 year deal after his senior year.
                                I sure hope you're right.

Because of this.
                                Ph*ck you Philly. Parasites.

Comment

Working...
                                X