Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    It is really sad how apathetic people have become to a program that is only a couple years off of great success.
    I will repeat my comment from a few weeks ago: People have become apathetic simply because there has been no further success. When I have to sell my CCHA finals tickets twice in the last three years, something is wrong.
    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    - Mark Twain

Comment

I heard Rick Comley say on the radio that Rowe has been recieving offers from nhl teams and that Tropp still may yet decide to sign with Buffalo. He also mentioned that it is likely another player will leave early.

Comment

I don't think he'd don a Sabre's uniform for 2 years, but if anyone leaves early
        it'll be Tropp. I'd still be stunned if Buffalo gives him something he'd want.

The problems we're seeing in our building are one-part mediocre finishes and 2 parts AD administrative ****-ups.

As far as my crystal ball is concerned, MSU won't enjoy a better finish NEXT season if this team doesn't focus on SKATING. The puck possession game doesn't begin if we can't get to the ****ing puck.

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
          I heard Rick Comley say on the radio that Rowe has been receiving offers from NHL teams and that Tropp still may yet decide to sign with Buffalo. He also mentioned that it is likely another player will leave early.
          Who would leave? Where would they go?
          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
          - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
            I'm thinking Tropp would go to the Charlestown Chiefs...
            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
              I'm thinking Tropp would go to the Charlestown Chiefs...
              i am thinkin you guys need to get over that

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                My two thoughts would be Rowe or Tropp. I know Rowe has said he is definately staying, but he may have said that before he received any offers. He obviously talked with Comley about them, which would lead one to think he is considering them. I would also think pro teams would want to hold off on the underclassmen for at least another year, but I could be wrong.

Comment

My two thoughts would be Rowe or Tropp. I know Rowe has said he is definately staying, but he may have said that before he received any offers. He obviously talked with Comley about them, which would lead one to think he is considering them. I would also think pro teams would want to hold off on the underclassmen for at least another year, but I could be wrong.
                  "Someone leaving" does not necessarily mean "to the pros".... At least in my mind. Is there anyone who might go back to major juniors or anything like that? Or perhaps someone is not happy and may transfer? I know that the current sophomore class is minus a few players from when they first came to school and only one moved on to the pros.
                  "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                    "Someone leaving" does not necessarily mean "to the pros".... At least in my mind. Is there anyone who might go back to major juniors or anything like that? Or perhaps someone is not happy and may transfer? I know that the current sophomore class is minus a few players from when they first came to school and only one moved on to the pros.
                    Didn't think about that. The only way I see that happening though is if someone felt they didn't get enough ice time, or they just dont get along with the team/coaches. Since I can't comment on the players relationships with each other and the coaches, that leaves looking at ice time. The 2 with the fewest games played are Buttery and Perlini with 20 (not counting AJ Sturges). So the only one I see possibly doing that is Sturges.

Comment

• Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                      i am thinkin you guys need to get over that
                      Sorry, everyone except sparty remembers history (sparty doesn't have much history to be proud of)...
                      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Didn't think about that. The only way I see that happening though is if someone felt they didn't get enough ice time, or they just dont get along with the team/coaches. Since I can't comment on the players relationships with each other and the coaches, that leaves looking at ice time. The 2 with the fewest games played are Buttery and Perlini with 20 (not counting AJ Sturges). So the only one I see possibly doing that is Sturges.
                        I had to throw the idea out there. AJ is going to be a senior, but I think he has two more years available due to red-shirting after the Winston issue so I doubt that he would give up a full season to play only one somewhere else. We don't really know what could be going on internally, sometimes players just feel like they aren't being utilized like they want, or the coaching staff has a heart-to-heart with someone and tells them that with what is coming in, they may not play much next year. The bottom line is someone leaving isn't just about going to the pros.
                        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

UMICH doesn't have much history to be proud of
                          well said.

On another tack, 2nd call for a new thread with a far less awkward title ...

Comment

I say stick with the current title. The entire program from players to athletics department to fans should be ashamed of what happened from Feb-march. We should be reminded daily that success is earned. We as fans failed to support the team and the team failed to give us something to cheer for. Flame away...its all deserved until everyone who goes into Munn wearing green and white, in any capacity, shows that they are committed to the cause.
                            MICHIGAN STATE
                            1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                              I say stick with the current title. The entire program from players to athletics department to fans should be ashamed of what happened from Feb-march. We should be reminded daily that success is earned. We as fans failed to support the team and the team failed to give us something to cheer for. Flame away...its all deserved until everyone who goes into Munn wearing green and white, in any capacity, shows that they are committed to the cause.
                              agreed

Comment

More new uniform stuff...

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...9-post131.html

The new wordmark, which will be in a single arc near the top of the sweater, is below...

*****http://i62.***********.com/albums/h87/archerto/2010-wordmark.jpg******

I can't imagine the new uniform looking anything close to good...
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X