X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gomsuman
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Comley said Rowe told him “he’s definitely not leaving.” this i found on the state news website while doing some internet searching... so if he did leave then i don't think anyone (Comley) saw this coming.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
    This is the only place that I've read about Rowe signing anything. Is this a rumor or is there someplace to confirm it?
    I still haven't seen anything anywhere. Anyone who is friends with Rowe want to facebook stalk for an answer?

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    I haven't seen anything through the usual lines of communication. Sometimes announcements are made the following day though (like the Adbdelkader signing). I'm not a facebook stalker, so I cant speak to that avenue of investigation.
    This is the only place that I've read about Rowe signing anything. Is this a rumor or is there someplace to confirm it?

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

I haven't seen anything through the usual lines of communication. Sometimes announcements are made the following day though (like the Adbdelkader signing). I'm not a facebook stalker, so I cant speak to that avenue of investigation.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
    no offense but i can't find him leaving anywhere on the internet... it is totally not out of question that it is more than likely to happen though
    I haven't found anything either. Can we get some confirmation or denial, here?

If he's gone, we're in a bit of a rough spot.

Leave a comment:

• gomsuman
    replied

no offense but i can't find him leaving anywhere on the internet... it is totally not out of question that it is more than likely to happen though

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
    I agree. If (when?) Tropp leaves they may have a very difficult time putting the puck in the net on a consistent basis.
    I must admit I do not know enough about our incoming class, but I just don't think there would be nearly enough firepower to overcome Sucharski/Rowe/(Tropp). Just imagine what our power play could look like!

Leave a comment:

• JTWRJW
    replied

I agree. If (when?) Tropp leaves they may have a very difficult time putting the puck in the net on a consistent basis.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
    Rowe signs with Philly . Hopefully Tropp doesn't follow and sign with Buffalo.

I am afraid we are losing far too much to make up for.

Leave a comment:

• JTWRJW
    replied

Rowe signs with Philly . Hopefully Tropp doesn't follow and sign with Buffalo.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Tim Kennedy has been named to Team USA for the upcoming world championships in Germany!

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...042910aab.html
    Very cool! Seems his stock is rising.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Tim Kennedy has been named to Team USA for the upcoming world championships in Germany!

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...042910aab.html

Leave a comment:

• Arwen22266
    replied

So I was at the spring football game today and I started thinking about ways to increase attendance at Hockey's Green and White game...anyone have any ideas? Here are a couple of mine...
    • Instead of having the event on a weeknight, do it during the weekend so more families can attend--maybe after a home football game.
    Last year was the first time since we've been back in Michigan that it was on a Sunday evening. I did not understand the change and did not like it. Sunday afternoons were just fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

So I was at the spring football game today and I started thinking about ways to increase attendance at Hockey's Green and White game...anyone have any ideas? Here are a couple of mine...

• Host "skate with the Spartans" before the game. This may encourage fans to come out for this event, as they do for the event when it is held later in the year.
    • Instead of having the event on a weeknight, do it during the weekend so more families can attend--maybe after a home football game.
    • Have a 45 minute (3 15min periods) alumni game.
    • Hand out tickets (not actual tickets but flyers) throughout the residence halls during the week before to help generate student awareness to the hockey program.
    • ADVERTISE the event. The football spring game was shoved down my throat, much like Midnight Madness is for basketball. I know hockey will never be at that level, but a little more than 1 paragraph at MSUspartans.com would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Honestly, IMO on the uniforms: Terrible.

Can't believe we ditched 30 years of tradition with the script logo for those things, but my issues with the new uniforms go beyond that.

Do I like the general idea, in that, we're shying away from black as a third color? Sure, even though we're still wearing the old generation black pants. Do I think the execution was botched horribly? Totally.

In regard to the away sweater, they tried to smash too much text on that top arc. It looks very cluttered, and the chest number with the separate bronze outline looks out of place. Separate "Michigan" and "State" arcs on the top, or a "Michigan" top arc and a "State" bottom arc would look infinitely better than what was ultimately decided on. I like the general idea of the number itself, but rid of the gaudy outline and reduce its size by half.

I like the shoulder stripe on the home sweater, but I don't like the helmet as the primary logo on the stomach.

Additionally, the nameplate text is way too friggin' enormous - I shutter to think what the back of Golembiewski's jersey is going to look like, but surely the final product will weigh 15 pounds.

Not a fan. Not a fan at all. (And, hell, I actually kind of like the new football and hoops duds.)
    Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 04-24-2010, 04:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X