• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STATEdude3
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    If I didn't know any better, I would say you're beginning to panic.
    Just a bit...

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    This is a nightmare. Short of a bomb falling on Munn Arena, I don't know if things could get much worse right now.
    If I didn't know any better, I would say you're beginning to panic.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Philly is the worst at plucking young college talent. You would think that with all the college guys they take early that don't develop as fast as they like, they would stop taking that chance.
    No, LA is by far...

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    On Staudt earlier today, Comley said he expects Tropp to jump to Buffalo.
    And ??

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

This is a nightmare. Short of a bomb falling on Munn Arena, I don't know if things could get much worse right now.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

On Staudt earlier today, Comley said he expects Tropp to jump to Buffalo.

Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
    OK, I'm not fueling this rumor..... BUT- If you put yourselves in the slippers of the ATL program you have to wonder what is happening to your First Round Draft Pick.... Should I bring him in-house to fatten him up, or do I let him sit in East Lansing and keep chasing the girls instead of eating. But seriously, what does a professional program think when you have your #1 draft pick out there... I don't know.
    I was at BW3 in East Lansing last night, and I had this exact same debate about Jimmy Howard and the Red Wings/Maine. Detroit decided his development would be better under their control, and they talked him into it. This is what I am afraid of with Leveille.

It is important that players use their years at MSU to develop certain skills like solid 2 way play. Along the way they do extensive weight training and conditioning. However, the professional teams have endless resources that can help develop these players into exactly who they want them to be. If ATL sees that Leveille is not developing physically at MSU, they may want to take him under their wing and monitor him more closely.

Leave a comment:

• Arwen22266
    replied

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...delphia-Flyers

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Leveille needs to spend some time at Rice Kitchen and Burgerama at The Riv and anywhere that has calorie loaded food in East Lansing. He is going to have a frustrating end to his career if he cant find a way to pack on some pounds.
    OK, I'm not fueling this rumor..... BUT- If you put yourselves in the slippers of the ATL program you have to wonder what is happening to your First Round Draft Pick.... Should I bring him in-house to fatten him up, or do I let him sit in East Lansing and keep chasing the girls instead of eating. But seriously, what does a professional program think when you have your #1 draft pick out there... I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

True.

True, he may have gained 25 pounds last off-season, but he's still really scrawny.
    For some people weight gain doesn't equate to gains in mass. That is what he needs. He needs to spend some time with the lineman from the football team, and match them plate for plate.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Leveille needs to spend some time at Rice Kitchen and Burgerama at The Riv and anywhere that has calorie loaded food in East Lansing. He is going to have a frustrating end to his career if he cant find a way to pack on some pounds.
    True.

True, he may have gained 25 pounds last off-season, but he's still really scrawny.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
    Can't blame the kid in his situation. Most people in his position would jump at the chance. I won't be too surprised if Tropp ends up leaving as well. I cannot see Leveille leaving early as he still needs to develop physically which he can do at MSU without Atlanta paying for it. I could see Grant leaving early.

Leave a comment:

• montyminny
    replied

Well, here's the deal for Rowe: Either he pays 1/10th or 1/5th of in-state tuition to play for MSU, or, he jumps and makes $500,000 with the Flyers or (more likely) $87,500 with the Phantoms.

I don't blame the kid for grasping the brass ring.
    I believe the max salary in the AHL for entry level contracts is $67,500.But based on how his agent structured the NHL portion of the contract, he should get 10% of that salary as a bonus, at a minimum. So using the $500K number, that would be $50,000 bonus and $67,500 minor league salary = $117,500 at a minimum. If Rowe gets called up, then the number goes up.

Since MSU encourages their kids to attend summer school, I am thinking he is closer to graduating from school than one might think.

Leave a comment:

• JTWRJW
    replied

Can't blame the kid in his situation. Most people in his position would jump at the chance. I won't be too surprised if Tropp ends up leaving as well. I cannot see Leveille leaving early as he still needs to develop physically which he can do at MSU without Atlanta paying for it. I could see Grant leaving early.

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
    Instead of being negative toward Philadelphia, let us hope they recognized talent in Andrew Rowe and offered him an opportunity he couldn't turn down. This is someone with good family support, and I would at least like to think he consulted with his family before making a decision.

After having had the chance to attend Ernie Harwell's visitation earlier tonight, I am reminded that we all occasionally need to reorder our priorities. Flame me if you want, but we are fans, alums or students - we're not out there playing. This is not about us. Whatever happens to this team next year - as disheartening as it may be to the fans - life will go on off the ice, or it won't. Make the best of it.
    Well said Arwen.... And I still think this team will be "OK". There are some guys who should develop and grow into next season. Rowe didn't exactly turn the ice to fire his first season, but he was steady his second. Don't panic yet fans...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X