MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

You know, If I push my graduation into the next fall's semester (an unlikely possibility, but still a possibility nonetheless), I'd be more than happy to mentor someone.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

My freshman year I had an ISS class in the fall with Petry and Tropp. The prof was a really cool dude and liked talking to the athletes in the class so there were a couple days where we got to hear from both of them. He even had the athletes from each team give a short powerpoint presentation detailing what it's like to be a D1 athlete here and what their daily schedule might look like and i remember coming away appreciating how hard the hockey team really does work. But what is relevant here is that when Petry's NHL future came up he was asked if he would leave school early to play in the NHL and his answer seemed to be a very certain "yes." I always remembered that but didn't want any further unneeded speculation into what he was going to do but now that he is apparently gone, I guess it doesn't matter. But good luck to him and he was an absolute pleasure to watch.

Also, Tropp seemed like a pretty funny guy. Probably one of the reasons why his teammates apparently like him so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        Also, Tropp seemed like a pretty funny guy. Probably one of the reasons why his teammates apparently like him so much.
        I was worried when I saw the past tense there, but then I was heartened when you used present tense again.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
          You know, If I push my graduation into the next fall's semester (an unlikely possibility, but still a possibility nonetheless), I'd be more than happy to mentor someone.
          Follow the fine example set by Johnny Spirit. Take that token course.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
            Sounds like a good pizza/libation discussion is in order.
            The sooner the better ...
            "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
            - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
              Gazely?
              I'd give Gazley an A. Just my .02.
              "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
              - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                I was worried when I saw the past tense there, but then I was heartened when you used present tense again.
                ha, well it was in past tense because it was like 2 years ago. But i don't think many people lose their funny ability.

Comment

Petry has signed or will sign today with Edmonton - or Oklahoma City (new AHL location). Not a big surprise. Somewhat disappointing ... if the season had ended differently, I'm wondering if his decision would have changed.
                  Possibly. I for one am relieved, not because I was particularly scared of him or anything (no sparty on your team scared me last year, even Tropp) but rather because he is the son of former Tiger Dan Petry. For some odd reason I find it difficult to root against him.
                  Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Follow the fine example set by Johnny Spirit. Take that token course.
                    Aren't all courses at sparty blow-off classes???
                    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I understand your passion for Spartan Hockey goes unabated so I'll just say you can continue to be unafraid of Tropp for one more year.
                      Rowe too.

BTW - could someone continue this under a new topic reflective of the current state of the program? The current title is ... can't even say it.
                      Last edited by owslachief; 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Am I crazy for thinking Krug could carry an A. That kid is a dynamo and looks like he could be a fiery leader. Too young?
                        maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

BTW - could someone continue this under a new topic reflective of the current state of the program? The current title is ... can't even say it.
                          Eh, i know everybody's morale is pretty low but barring unexpected defections this summer, I think we are in great shape. Just remember what this team looked like at this time last year. The guys will work hard over the summer and I don't think the team will let next year's freshman have it easier than this year's. We will be exciting next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                            Am I crazy for thinking Krug could carry an A. That kid is a dynamo and looks like he could be a fiery leader. Too young?
                            I don't think you're crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                              I could see him and Grant with "A"s in 2011-2012.
                              66 - 86 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Something of note over at the Red Cedar Message Board...

The script hockey logo appears to be gone for next season.
                                66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X