X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WildcatGoal
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

I was so hopefully you would have been able to keep the michigan fans out of the Joe.

Now we have to listen to that again.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by Sparty Foxbat View Post
    Wow. The University of Michigan-Walmart just ended our season with a sweep at our home and no amount of alcohol (effing daylight savings ) can erase that. Go Izzo!

There can't be any excuses for this. I don't think a firing would be adequate, but if someone else good can take over, I'd be thankful for a "retirement" or AD "promotion".

We were supposed to be alright this year.
    Yeah, leave it to you or Gomer to come up with a snappy MAC fanbase comeback. The effort at Munn personified the pathetic fan interest. Then again, Lloyd Comley used the "youth" excuse.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
    We'll be alright.
    That would have been my thought, if not for the WAY WE FINISHED.
    To not go to the finals 3 years in a row is one thing. Ask me at the beginning of the year and I would have given this program about a 50/50 chance of doing that and given where we came from and the scoring gap we had to make up, would have accepted that.

We finished second because lets face it, there was lot of underachieving going on in this league this year.

But to start hot, and then sleepwalk through the second half was not what I envisioned. The worst possible scenario became reality this weekend.

I probably sound like a broken record when I say this program was building for a big rebound for 2010/2011, but I'm not so sure anymore. There are some overperforming freshmen who may have hit a ceiling. And guys we didn't see a lot of after January. There could be a player or two transfer, given how this went down. Don't be shocked. We know about Petry and Tropp and what could potentially be offered them (Tropp would be ill-advised to take the offer IMHO). And one (maybe more) reporter wonders about Rowe being tendered a free-agent offer. Imagine the impact these things taken together would bring.

I tell you, there was something rather fishy (rotten?) in that lockerroom - seems all that good feeling and that comraderie people talked about at the offset just sort of seeped away.

Leave a comment:

• Sparty Foxbat
    replied

Wow. The University of Michigan-Walmart just ended our season with a sweep at our home and no amount of alcohol (effing daylight savings ) can erase that. Go Izzo!

There can't be any excuses for this. I don't think a firing would be adequate, but if someone else good can take over, I'd be thankful for a "retirement" or AD "promotion".

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
    We'll be alright.
    We were supposed to be alright this year.
    Last edited by Sparty Foxbat; 03-14-2010, 03:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

... grumble.

More later.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

We'll be alright.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    started a topic MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

The end came so precipitously for this team it's almost surreal.
    Comley lost this team two weeks ago.
    MSU may lose a lot more than 3 seniors. How can anybody feel good about next year?
Working...
X