X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOGO
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

I think if we want this team to start putting up the offensive numbers it is time to get another centre man for Rowe and Gazely. I think Forfar is the guy. He has more grit and is better at finding people. Also, he is willinging to do what is needed to win games.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Arwen I certainly was not calling out you or anyone else on this board. I know the people on here are very close to the program and "bleed green."

But it is the responsibility of every Spartan to do their part. It's the whole "when I fail,we all fail" mentality. I want to see Munn packed every night. This team was competitive and deserved the attention of the community. WE failed them in that regard. It has been scientifically proven that sports teams feed off the emotional energy of their fans. You cannot tell me that our fanbase did its part this year. Sure you and I did, but that is not good enough.

As for hockey...any more info on Rowe or Tropp? Is it safe to assume that no news is good news at this point?

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

uhoh

*****http://www.southfarthing.org/5_8_5popcorn.gif******

Leave a comment:

• Arwen22266
    replied

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    We as fans failed to support the team and the team failed to give us something to cheer for. Flame away...its all deserved until everyone who goes into Munn wearing green and white, in any capacity, shows that they are committed to the cause.
    Speak for yourself. I was part of several road trips this year to support hockey, including to Maine. I belong to the Blue Line Club and gave a lot of time selling 50/50 tickets before games. I spent a lot of time talking up the team and trying to persuade people to go to games. There are lots more people like me who gave their time, their energy and their money to support the hockey team. When you assume everyone is slacking, you get what you ask for

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    On another tack, 2nd call for a new thread with a far less awkward title ...
    I say stick with the current title. The entire program from players to athletics department to fans should be ashamed of what happened from Feb-march. We should be reminded daily that success is earned. We as fans failed to support the team and the team failed to give us something to cheer for. Flame away...its all deserved until everyone who goes into Munn wearing green and white, in any capacity, shows that they are committed to the cause.
    Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
    agreed
    nobody gets this?

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

I dont care what happens to the uniform, except that script has been worn since the 70's and was the standard for all the hockey programs that now wear it. I am disappointed that it is being retired.

Leave a comment:

• gomsuman
    replied

i don't think the new jersey will look that bad...in fact some might be pleasantly surprised with it just being white and green, no black

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

More new uniform stuff...

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...9-post131.html

The new wordmark, which will be in a single arc near the top of the sweater, is below...

*****http://i62.***********.com/albums/h87/archerto/2010-wordmark.jpg******

I can't imagine the new uniform looking anything close to good...

Leave a comment:

• gomsuman
    replied

I say stick with the current title. The entire program from players to athletics department to fans should be ashamed of what happened from Feb-march. We should be reminded daily that success is earned. We as fans failed to support the team and the team failed to give us something to cheer for. Flame away...its all deserved until everyone who goes into Munn wearing green and white, in any capacity, shows that they are committed to the cause.
    agreed

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

UMICH doesn't have much history to be proud of
    well said.

On another tack, 2nd call for a new thread with a far less awkward title ...

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
    Didn't think about that. The only way I see that happening though is if someone felt they didn't get enough ice time, or they just dont get along with the team/coaches. Since I can't comment on the players relationships with each other and the coaches, that leaves looking at ice time. The 2 with the fewest games played are Buttery and Perlini with 20 (not counting AJ Sturges). So the only one I see possibly doing that is Sturges.
    I had to throw the idea out there. AJ is going to be a senior, but I think he has two more years available due to red-shirting after the Winston issue so I doubt that he would give up a full season to play only one somewhere else. We don't really know what could be going on internally, sometimes players just feel like they aren't being utilized like they want, or the coaching staff has a heart-to-heart with someone and tells them that with what is coming in, they may not play much next year. The bottom line is someone leaving isn't just about going to the pros.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
    i am thinkin you guys need to get over that
    Sorry, everyone except sparty remembers history (sparty doesn't have much history to be proud of)...

Leave a comment:

• BlimpGuy
    replied

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
    "Someone leaving" does not necessarily mean "to the pros".... At least in my mind. Is there anyone who might go back to major juniors or anything like that? Or perhaps someone is not happy and may transfer? I know that the current sophomore class is minus a few players from when they first came to school and only one moved on to the pros.
    Didn't think about that. The only way I see that happening though is if someone felt they didn't get enough ice time, or they just dont get along with the team/coaches. Since I can't comment on the players relationships with each other and the coaches, that leaves looking at ice time. The 2 with the fewest games played are Buttery and Perlini with 20 (not counting AJ Sturges). So the only one I see possibly doing that is Sturges.

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
    My two thoughts would be Rowe or Tropp. I know Rowe has said he is definately staying, but he may have said that before he received any offers. He obviously talked with Comley about them, which would lead one to think he is considering them. I would also think pro teams would want to hold off on the underclassmen for at least another year, but I could be wrong.
    "Someone leaving" does not necessarily mean "to the pros".... At least in my mind. Is there anyone who might go back to major juniors or anything like that? Or perhaps someone is not happy and may transfer? I know that the current sophomore class is minus a few players from when they first came to school and only one moved on to the pros.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X