• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Playoff Attendance

UML @ Maine 3343
    UMass @ BC 3148
    Merrimack @ BU 3905
    UVM @ UNH 4067

So I think everybody did a bit better today, though I haven't checked. If this is a problem around all of college hockey I wonder if someone had the time if it's a problem in college basketball too. Not for the huge conferences, I'm sure, but maybe for the big mid majors? Is it just a quarterfinal thing...?
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Come to a Brown game at Meehan Auditorium, and you will see a shining example of exaggerated attendance. Not that the exaggerations make us look much better. You can only stretch it so much before someone throws the bull sh*t flag.
      you guys let in kids for free! when i came down a couple weeks ago i bought two tickets but brought in 6. y'all can count however you want for that kind of hospitality
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
        UML @ Maine 3343
        UMass @ BC 3148
        Merrimack @ BU 3905
        UVM @ UNH 4067

So I think everybody did a bit better today, though I haven't checked. If this is a problem around all of college hockey I wonder if someone had the time if it's a problem in college basketball too. Not for the huge conferences, I'm sure, but maybe for the big mid majors? Is it just a quarterfinal thing...?
        Just want to give you a warning - BC fans generally get very angry when you point out that BU outdrew them at the gate. Especially after they get upset with NESN for deciding to broadcast the BU game, what with all the empty red seats in Agganis.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          I know for a fact that Brown counts players on both teams, coaches/equipment people as well as broadcasters/media types in their attendance figures.

They count every breathing human in the arena when they do their attendance. I'm sure they aren't the only ones.
          Didn't know that, but that's hilarious! And pathetic.

And mookie, I'm sure if we could actually get some fans in the building more than twice a season (Harvard and Cornell are our only good draws, and Cornell only because 500 Big Red fans invade the place), they would never let kids in for free. I agree it's a nice offer, but the motive probably is not hospitality.

Comment

Not for the huge conferences, I'm sure, but maybe for the big mid majors? Is it just a quarterfinal thing...?
            Some fans don't like the prospect of going 2 or 3 nights in a row -- at least not in a lot of places. The 2-of-3 isn't a particularly attractive set up for a lot of people except die-hard fans.

Comment

All conferences should go to single elimination q-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                it's a thought, but it gives TOO much of a chance to the5- 6-7-8 seeds, let them get to the semi's by earning it with more than a one game wonder, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  That is absolutely never going to happen again. There's too much riding on the marquee teams being at the Garden, Joe Louis, etc. for them to risk having a couple of bottom feeders screw up the attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    That is absolutely never going to happen again. There's too much riding on the marquee teams being at the Garden, Joe Louis, etc. for them to risk having a couple of bottom feeders screw up the attendance.
                    Not to mention $
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                    X