X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - '10 Playoff Edition

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Wow

At least you guys got to see your team play in the NCAAs..

From now on don't listen to acs
    23 year old Soph. and the goalie will be 25 in a few weeks.....RIT taking a page out of the old Maine playbook?
    Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Sorry guys. Thought this run would last a bit longer. At times, I was very impressed with this year's team.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        Well said dover4345...and keep in mind JohnB, as I wrote before, there is a BIG problem with an over achieving Admin. Director that does not help the hockey programs cause.....this is a definite and real problem....I totally concur with dover4345....simply sit back and enjoy UNH hockey!
        sitting back and vomiting in my mouth.

Keep up the hopeless optimism. I suppose this was the admin directors fault?

Nothing to do with being outplayed, outcoached and decimated by a team with more heart.

Typical UNH postseason... different year, different players and same o same o. God forbid we point any fingers at the coaching... guess I'm fairweathered.

Congrats RIT, you deserve it a helluva lot more then UNH. Best of Luck in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
          23 year old Soph. and the goalie will be 25 in a few weeks.....RIT taking a page out of the old Maine playbook?
          It works, Levs was getting AARP material
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post
            sitting back and vomiting in my mouth.

Keep up the hopeless optimism. I suppose this was the admin directors fault?

Nothing to do with being outplayed, outcoached and decimated by a team with more heart.

Typical UNH postseason... different year, different players and same o same o. God forbid we point any fingers at the coaching... guess I'm fairweathered.

Congrats RIT, you deserve it a helluva lot more then UNH. Best of Luck in Detroit.
            What kills me is when RIT takes a one, two, and three goal lead and the camera cuts to Umilie he's standing there like a statue staring into space....not talking up his team, slapping a few guys on the back....just standing there. We've seen that pose too many times.
            Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
              What kills me is when RIT takes a one, two, and three goal lead and the camera cuts to Umilie he's standing there like a statue staring into space....not talking up his team, slapping a few guys on the back....just standing there. We've seen that pose too many times.
              He must not have any idea of what to say to his players. Though one would think he would have come up with something since he has had so much experience with this kind of situation. Seriously though, when you see this happen to BU, Parker's face turns beat red yelling/motivating his players. Sean Walsh was the same way.

Things need to change at UNH. This team has had some of the most talented teams in the nation and they cannot win it all. At some point it will start hurting the recruiting. Who wants to play for a coach who cannot lead a team deep into the playoffs and win a title.

Go RIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I didn't expect that..
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Just wanted to say congratulations to UNH on a great season. For a team picked to finish 4th in the league, you still managed to finish first in the RS. Though it was an up and down season and your run ended in a tough way, I am sure UNH will be back strong next year. You have a great, classy program and coach and I look forward to seeing my Saints play UNH next year!
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

I would call this one of UNH biggest losses .

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      Just wanted to say congratulations to UNH on a great season. For a team picked to finish 4th in the league, you still managed to finish first in the RS. Though it was an up and down season and your run ended in a tough way, I am sure UNH will be back strong next year. You have a great, classy program and coach and I look forward to seeing my Saints play UNH next year!
                      Much appreciated, Got 6. Classy post -- good luck to SLU next year...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Wow

At least you guys got to see your team play in the NCAAs..

From now on don't listen to acs
                        Yes, sometimes I just plain suck.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

It's more disappointing to see how the Cats lost than the simple fact that they got beat. As before, the 4th line got very little ice time, even though they played reasonable well when they were out there. The top 2 lines were overplayed, couldn't produce when they were out there and were dead tired for the last half of the game. Look at their plus/minus and the giveaways they created or lack of help in the defensive zone. The D was not sharp tonight and especially Kostolansky, who was on for 4 goals against and should have been sat for Hardowa after the second one. He didn't have it tonight and was outsized by the RIT forwards. However, our coaches chose to stick to their plan , even though it wasn't working. All in all, it was a good season for the Cats and a lot of other teams would gladly trade places with them. Thanks for an entertaining year, a never say die attitude and looking forward to next season.

Comment

In all seriousness, I'd like to congratulate the players, too. They are a great group of young men who had a wonderful regular season and one awe-inspiring performance in the play-offs.
                            "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                            Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by Bear-man View Post
                              He must not have any idea of what to say to his players. Though one would think he would have come up with something since he has had so much experience with this kind of situation. Seriously though, when you see this happen to BU, Parker's face turns beat red yelling/motivating his players. Sean Walsh was the same way.

Things need to change at UNH. This team has had some of the most talented teams in the nation and they cannot win it all. At some point it will start hurting the recruiting. Who wants to play for a coach who cannot lead a team deep into the playoffs and win a title.

Go RIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Well, I don't agree with you. First, who recruited these guys...Umile and staff. Where did Umile learn to coach...from Charlie Holt another class guy. Ask the players what they think, and I am sure they will have nothing but praise for Umile. He is one of the best coaches in the game. BU and Parker, great program and coach, but at least your team made it to the NCAA's and got one great and decisive win. I would much rather play for Umile than someone on a constant tirade behind the bench. One upset to end the season doesn't undo another good season which Umile had and Gwozdecky did as well having his season end the same way the night before.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post

You say Umile has underachieved in the past...

In the last 15 years the best UNH players are Haydar and Krog, AHL lifers. The guy never gets the same talent as BU, BC, Michigan, Minnesota, etc yet competes with them every year. He takes a bunch of "B" players and makes them "A" college players.

Borek knows he does not have the facilities or academics to compete with BC, BU, Mich, etc yet he has the eye to go get the players that the big guys are not on to, Bobby Butler, Mike Radja, etc.

Look at the NHLers umile has had compared to those other programs and you say he underachieves?

07 and 08 are years that come to mind, you say they flopped, I say they had no business winning hockey east and being 1 seeds because they did not have near the talent that some other teams had.
                                Sorry to be the "glass half full" voice here, but these are valid points.

Comment

Working...
                                X