X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Who'd of thunk it - 2 CHA teams in the Big Skate

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    But the fact that the joke is on the CCHA... even better.
    Agreed.

Hey CCHA, how does my A-S-S taste? - UAH

Leave a comment:

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied

Originally posted by Zim View Post
    I could see this coming as soon as I noticed the Beavers had to play at Niagara.

It's a joke to have 2 teams from the CHA in the tourney, but them's the rules.
    But the fact that the joke is on the CCHA... even better.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
    A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.
    Go ask the following teams if the CHA member schools are for real:

Air Force, a 2008-09 tournament team: got blitzed early by BSU and UAH
    Notre Dame: lost their opening game at home to UAH
    Alaska-Anchorage: lost to RMU at the Alaska Goal Rush
    Michigan: had to hold off Niagara on home ice for a 3-2 win early in the season
    Northern Michigan: got one point in two games against the Beavers, including a 5-0 loss the second night
    Cornell: had to go to OT to beat a visiting Niagara squad
    Minnesota: lost to Bemidji by four goals
    Colorado College: beat RMU by only one goal
    Miami [last year's runner-up]: lost to Bemidji in the Subway classic
    Ohio State: had to go to OT to beat Bemidji in the Subway classic
    RIT: lost to Niagara at home
    Vermont: beat UAH by only one on home ice in the Catamount Cup
    Mercyhurst: got waxed by UAH in the Catamount Cup
    Colgate: lost to Niagara by four goals
    Miami again: lost to Robert Morris 2-1 on home ice
    Minnesota-Duluth: lost 4-1 to Bemidji
    UNO: lost 3-1 to Bemidji

Yes, you see the name Bemidji a lot in that list. But you see the other three member schools in there as well. Not always a win, but you said compete.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Zim
    replied

I could see this coming as soon as I noticed the Beavers had to play at Niagara.

It's a joke to have 2 teams from the CHA in the tourney, but them's the rules.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Then the final 16 will be a joke this year. Some legitimate team from the WCHA, Hockey East or the CCHA will not make the tournament and will have played a tougher schedule with real competition. A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.
    That "legitimate" team should have done more to pad their resume during the season. Upsets in conference tournaments are always a possibility so it's never a good idea to be hanging around 14-16 in the PWR.

Go UAH!

Get it done younger Geoffrion!

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    In talking about the fortunes of the CHA getting two teams in earlier tonight with JJfP she pointed out the irony of UAH possibly getting in and quite possibly knocking a bubble CCHA team right out of the tourney. ALaska, MSU, Ferris and Northern Michigan are all nervous right now.
    The irony is only funnier if UAH turns around and knocks off Miami in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied

In talking about the fortunes of the CHA getting two teams in earlier tonight with JJfP she pointed out the irony of UAH possibly getting in and quite possibly knocking a bubble CCHA team right out of the tourney. ALaska, MSU, Ferris and Northern Michigan are all nervous right now.

Leave a comment:

• STATEdude3
    replied

UAH coach Danton Cole is a former Spartan great. Best of luck to the Chargers tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• observer85
    replied

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
    If you win your conference tournament, your record doesn't matter.
    Then the final 16 will be a joke this year. Some legitimate team from the WCHA, Hockey East or the CCHA will not make the tournament and will have played a tougher schedule with real competition. A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
    Home ice in the playoffs is tough. I think that's why the CHA tournament was in Kearney, Nebraska one year.
    First CHA tournament? Held in Huntsville. Niagara, the "home" team as the highest seed, beats UAH for the win. Niagara goes on to the NCAA's as an at-large [no AQ for the CHA until a few more years pass] and upsets UNH; Charger fans sit and home and seethe about losing on our home ice.

Last CHA tournament? Held in Niagara. UAH, the "home" team as the higher seed ... well, we shall see.

[And it's Who'd have thought, not Who'd of thought.]

GFM

Leave a comment:

• AFHockeyFan
    replied

If Niagara wins, 2 AHA teams in the big skate.

Home ice in the playoffs is tough. I think that's why the CHA tournament was in Kearney, Nebraska one year.

Leave a comment:

• Rhett
    replied

I was under the impression that a team had to have an over .500 record to qualify for the final 16...regardless if you won your conference tourney or not. Thought this was put in place after Wisconsin made it in a couple years back. ?????
    If you win your conference tournament, your record doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I was under the impression that a team had to have an over .500 record to qualify for the final 16...regardless if you won your conference tourney or not. Thought this was put in place after Wisconsin made it in a couple years back. ?????
    you were wrong...

Leave a comment:

• observer85
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

all we need now is Brom to win ecachl

Leave a comment:

Working...
X