Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who'd of thunk it - 2 CHA teams in the Big Skate

Why the reference to Tech and the CHA.

They just lost to the #1 team in the country 2-1 with their two top players injured. Olson and Royer lost during the game.

The SOS was near the top for Tech as usual.
    They are definitely not a CHA level team at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Not so fast my friend. And furthermore, I'd like to see what Tech would have done in the CHA.
      Zim reminded me of such, but...

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Why the reference to Tech and the CHA.

They just lost to the #1 team in the country 2-1 with their two top players injured. Olson and Royer lost during the game.

The SOS was near the top for Tech as usual.
      They are definitely not a CHA level team at the end of the season.
      I believe Michigan Tech has the #2 or #3 strength of schedule in the country, or at least did at the outset of the year. 5 wins isn't exactly respectable, but I'm curious to see how Bemidji and UNO do in the WCHA next year.
      Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
      I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
      Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Solidarity with my fellow primary colored fowl - Go Niagara!
        You say that now until you realize that you're likely to meet up with the CHA autobid winner in the first round. The Irish didn't think much of it last year.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
          Then the final 16 will be a joke this year. Some legitimate team from the WCHA, Hockey East or the CCHA will not make the tournament and will have played a tougher schedule with real competition. A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.
          So since Michigan Tech has statistically the hardest schedule in the country to date, should they be in? You know, despite their 5-29 or whatever record?

Seems to me that Boston University basketball will make the NCAAs if they win today while a team like UConn may not. Isn't that the same thing?

Good for Niagara if they can finish the deal. I have no problem with two CHA teams. The rules are what they are.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            So since Michigan Tech has statistically the hardest schedule in the country to date, should they be in? You know, despite their 5-29 or whatever record?

Seems to me that Boston University basketball will make the NCAAs if they win today while a team like UConn may not. Isn't that the same thing?

Good for Niagara if they can finish the deal. I have no problem with two CHA teams. The rules are what they are.
            I have to agree with you. Other than the conference tourney champions all the other schools need to play better in order to get the invite. It is pretty simple. Just keep winning.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              You say that now until you realize that you're likely to meet up with the CHA autobid winner in the first round. The Irish didn't think much of it last year.
              We've already had our share of dropping games to CHA teams this season, I think we're good to go now.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                We've already had our share of dropping games to CHA teams this season, I think we're good to go now.
                But do you really want to risk it one more time with so much at stake?
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

But do you really want to risk it one more time with so much at stake?
                  Hmmm, true. Well hey, at least we can't be swept by the whole conference, we can only potentially wind up going 0-4 against 3 of the teams.

Comment

Don't include me in that group. I didn't underestimate BSU at all.

Comment

thank you niagara for making it even more likely CC will be left out
                      I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          I take it BU must have lost?
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

This is pretty disgusting, and if UAH gets in, it will be downright absurd. Imagine if the equivalent of this cakewalk in the CCHA:
                            Team goes 10-20 all year long, winning no real meaningful games, among barely winning at all.
                            Recieves a free ride straight to the conference semi-finals, bypassing the first round seeding of having to play a top ranked team, and bypassing the quarterfinals of having to play another top ranked team.
                            Then in the semi-final, plays Western Michigan, and in the title game plays Bowling Green.

Absolute absurdity, they knew the conference was folding and that 3 of the teams found homes, yet they still allowed them to keep the autobid. In this case their reasoning of "preserving hockey teams" no longer applies, yet it still happened, and now the nightmare scenario has come to life. What a joke. At large bids reward the teams that are good all year long, and auto bids reward the teams that say despite our record, we can play ball with the good teams, and also rewards teams that are hot at the end of the year. This fails completely here. UAH is none of these. Thankfully, this will all go away after this year, so theres no chance of drama repeating.

After all the rules are the rules, and we can't change them now, so no use complaining further. However, the most alarming thing to me is that one of the #1 seeds is going to get to play a .400 garbage team first round in the NCAA tournament, and another one of those just as deserving #1 seeds is going to have to play someone like UMD. There is no shuffling of locations and seedings that can make up for this complete collapse and failure of fairness. Winning your regular season title? Nope, doesn't guarantee. Winning 3 out of 4 conference tournament games against the top teams? Nope, not that either. Have 3 Hobey finalists on your roster? Not a chance. Being unconcious all year long for 5 months, and showing up at the end to play a single weekend of hockey against two .400 equally unconcious teams? Yup, you're in.

At least if Niagara wins they will have kind of earned it(?)... but not really. I hope the NCAA is ashamed of dropping the ball this round. My deepest empathy to the #17 bubble team.

Making the NCAA is a huge honor and an incredible amount of work and pressure, whichever path they qualify. I hope all 15 teams are proud and play well. What a possibly disgraceful and tarnishing end to UAH's hockey athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgy_olsen View Post
                              This is pretty disgusting, and if UAH gets in, it will be downright absurd. Imagine if the equivalent of this cakewalk in the CCHA:
                              Team goes 10-20 all year long, winning no real meaningful games, among barely winning at all.
                              Recieves a free ride straight to the conference semi-finals, bypassing the first round seeding of having to play a top ranked team, and bypassing the quarterfinals of having to play another top ranked team.
                              Then in the semi-final, plays Western Michigan, and in the title game plays Bowling Green.

Absolute absurdity, they knew the conference was folding and that 3 of the teams found homes, yet they still allowed them to keep the autobid. In this case their reasoning of "preserving hockey teams" no longer applies, yet it still happened, and now the nightmare scenario has come to life. What a joke. At large bids reward the teams that are good all year long, and auto bids reward the teams that say despite our record, we can play ball with the good teams, and also rewards teams that are hot at the end of the year. This fails completely here. UAH is none of these. Thankfully, this will all go away after this year, so theres no chance of drama repeating.

After all the rules are the rules, and we can't change them now, so no use complaining further. However, the most alarming thing to me is that one of the #1 seeds is going to get to play a .400 garbage team first round in the NCAA tournament, and another one of those just as deserving #1 seeds is going to have to play someone like UMD. There is no shuffling of locations and seedings that can make up for this complete collapse and failure of fairness. Winning your regular season title? Nope, doesn't guarantee. Winning 3 out of 4 conference tournament games against the top teams? Nope, not that either. Have 3 Hobey finalists on your roster? Not a chance. Being unconcious all year long for 5 months, and showing up at the end to play a single weekend of hockey against two .400 equally unconcious teams? Yup, you're in.

At least if Niagara wins they will have kind of earned it(?)... but not really. I hope the NCAA is ashamed of dropping the ball this round. My deepest empathy to the #17 bubble team.

Making the NCAA is a huge honor and an incredible amount of work and pressure, whichever path they qualify. I hope all 15 teams are proud and play well. What a possibly disgraceful and tarnishing end to UAH's hockey athletic.
                              I love how, after all these years, the internet is still all about holding steady on your beliefs from a position of extreme ignorance.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgy_olsen View Post

Settle down buddy. UAH may or may not be a cake-walk. But that's why they play the game. Upsets happen. I would love to see UAH make some noise in the NCAA's this year.
                                Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                                THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Working...
                                X