Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who'd of thunk it - 2 CHA teams in the Big Skate

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    In talking about the fortunes of the CHA getting two teams in earlier tonight with JJfP she pointed out the irony of UAH possibly getting in and quite possibly knocking a bubble CCHA team right out of the tourney. ALaska, MSU, Ferris and Northern Michigan are all nervous right now.
    The irony is only funnier if UAH turns around and knocks off Miami in the first round.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
      Then the final 16 will be a joke this year. Some legitimate team from the WCHA, Hockey East or the CCHA will not make the tournament and will have played a tougher schedule with real competition. A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.
      That "legitimate" team should have done more to pad their resume during the season. Upsets in conference tournaments are always a possibility so it's never a good idea to be hanging around 14-16 in the PWR.

Go UAH!

Get it done younger Geoffrion!

Comment

I could see this coming as soon as I noticed the Beavers had to play at Niagara.

It's a joke to have 2 teams from the CHA in the tourney, but them's the rules.

Comment

A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.
          Go ask the following teams if the CHA member schools are for real:

Air Force, a 2008-09 tournament team: got blitzed early by BSU and UAH
          Notre Dame: lost their opening game at home to UAH
          Alaska-Anchorage: lost to RMU at the Alaska Goal Rush
          Michigan: had to hold off Niagara on home ice for a 3-2 win early in the season
          Northern Michigan: got one point in two games against the Beavers, including a 5-0 loss the second night
          Cornell: had to go to OT to beat a visiting Niagara squad
          Minnesota: lost to Bemidji by four goals
          Colorado College: beat RMU by only one goal
          Miami [last year's runner-up]: lost to Bemidji in the Subway classic
          Ohio State: had to go to OT to beat Bemidji in the Subway classic
          RIT: lost to Niagara at home
          Vermont: beat UAH by only one on home ice in the Catamount Cup
          Mercyhurst: got waxed by UAH in the Catamount Cup
          Colgate: lost to Niagara by four goals
          Miami again: lost to Robert Morris 2-1 on home ice
          Minnesota-Duluth: lost 4-1 to Bemidji
          UNO: lost 3-1 to Bemidji

Yes, you see the name Bemidji a lot in that list. But you see the other three member schools in there as well. Not always a win, but you said compete.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
            I could see this coming as soon as I noticed the Beavers had to play at Niagara.

It's a joke to have 2 teams from the CHA in the tourney, but them's the rules.
            But the fact that the joke is on the CCHA... even better.
            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
              Agreed.

Hey CCHA, how does my A-S-S taste? - UAH

Comment

Then the final 16 will be a joke this year. Some legitimate team from the WCHA, Hockey East or the CCHA will not make the tournament and will have played a tougher schedule with real competition. A 4 team conference that can't compete when playing outside of their conference (except for Bemidji) should only be allowed one entry.
                And then you would be complaining that the WCHA had too many teams in the tournament.

If you can't go to the tournament be winning your conference championship, what would be the point of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Agreed.

Hey CCHA, how does my A-S-S taste? - UAH
                  The boys still have to beat Niagara. UAH may have gone 4-2 on them this year, but they're bound to be super amped after knocking Bemidji off.

GFMß
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

My fear is the joke may be on tUMD.

Comment

Well your crying over spilled milk will be over after tomorrow as the CHA will be gone and therefore another At-Large bid will be available next year. I agree that the conference committee made a great decision the last few years to let the CHA retain the auto-bid, otherwise the 4 schools would have really not had much to play for. I was surprised that my Beavers had such a great year and record after losing their starting goalie from last year, Dalton, and a lot of key Seniors. The other 3, leave out BSU, had very tough nonconference schedules, probably tougher than most! And some got wins and/or kept it close as another post stated earlier...Long live the CHA! I hope Huntsville wins tomorrow, BSU-Huntsville national championship, well, we can only wish
                      -BSU Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        That "legitimate" team should have done more to pad their resume during the season. Upsets in conference tournaments are always a possibility so it's never a good idea to be hanging around 14-16 in the PWR.

Go UAH!

Get it done younger Geoffrion!
                        Exactly, those schools sitting around at 12 to 16 that will be the lead crybabies come Selection Sunday should have done more to pad their resumes more to get in, like win more, or have gone down to Alabama for a quick round of golf and to play a little hockey. As far as I'm concern, if you're mad that the CHA will put 2 teams into the NCAA's, then you should have wanted your school to jump in and play in that league, because you all know **** well you think your school could clean up in that league and your team would have an easy path to get to the NCAA's every year.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Solidarity with my fellow primary colored fowl - Go Niagara!

Comment

Live it up now, because it wil be a long time before these teams get another cupcake walk to the NCAA tourney.
                            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              And it's Who'd have thought, not Who'd of thought.
                              "Nerds!"

Then the final 16 will be a joke this year. Some legitimate team from the WCHA, Hockey East or the CCHA will not make the tournament BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH . . .
                              Give it up, my man.

I agree with that earlier post: The fix is in! "Dude, if we lose on Friday, we still make the big dance, and we get half the league in, too! Think of the number of people it would tick off!"
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Not so fast my friend. And furthermore, I'd like to see what Tech would have done in the CHA.

Comment

Working...
                                X