Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

    What a lackluster season that was.

    But now it's time for the most important question on everyone's mind... who's the new coach going to be? I still have my sights set on Scotty Bowman, what do you guys think?
    Bronco Hockey Blog

  • #2
    Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

    {crickets}
    Bronco Hockey Blog

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

      Any ideas on who's on the short list??? What are the rumor mills saying about what candidates are interested?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

        Originally posted by jnacc View Post
        Any ideas on who's on the short list??? What are the rumor mills saying about what candidates are interested?
        Nothing yet. I suspect talk will start to circulate this week or early next now that our season is officially over.
        Bronco Hockey Blog

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

          Nothing much to say right now. Wonder if anyone aside from Gill will get a serious look at the pros. Ludwig maybe? Clackson's probably screwed for life thanks to that asshat from Alaska.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


          Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

            Originally posted by moe24 View Post
            What a lackluster season that was.

            But now it's time for the most important question on everyone's mind... who's the new coach going to be? I still have my sights set on Scotty Bowman, what do you guys think?
            Any idea how the decision will be made? Seems like there was supposed to be a committee last time. Since we have problems with most of the high profile sports, is a new AD a possibility?
            B2
            It will only get better!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

              Originally posted by BII View Post
              Any idea how the decision will be made? Seems like there was supposed to be a committee last time. Since we have problems with most of the high profile sports, is a new AD a possibility?
              There is a search committee this time around.

              As for a new AD, we can only dream.

              Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Nothing much to say right now. Wonder if anyone aside from Gill will get a serious look at the pros. Ludwig maybe? Clackson's probably screwed for life thanks to that asshat from Alaska.
              I bet Ludwig lands in the ECHL. Honestly I bet that's where Gill lands too.
              Bronco Hockey Blog

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                Originally posted by BII View Post
                Any idea how the decision will be made? Seems like there was supposed to be a committee last time. Since we have problems with most of the high profile sports, is a new AD a possibility?
                Apparently Judi Bailey has applied for the job.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                  Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Apparently Judi Bailey has applied for the job.
                  *******http://www.nataliedee.com/090207/cats-hate-you-and-everyone-else.jpg********
                  Bronco Hockey Blog

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                    Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Apparently Judi Bailey has applied for the job.
                    She was a blip on the radar down here. Most folks here couldn't tell you who she was. Sounds like she made an impression up there though.
                    B2
                    It will only get better!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                      If the university doesn't start to care a whole lot more about hockey than it does now, it won't matter much who they hire. They'll either pay so poorly that no decent candidate would consider the position, or if they get someone good, he'll get fed up and leave after a couple of years.

                      Oh, I forgot...that spiffy new arena downtown is going to solve everything.
                      Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                        Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Nothing much to say right now. Wonder if anyone aside from Gill will get a serious look at the pros. Ludwig maybe? Clackson's probably screwed for life thanks to that asshat from Alaska.
                        I was three rows up from the glass and didn't think the hit was dirty at all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                          Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Apparently Judi Bailey has applied for the job.

                          Don't. Even. Joke. About. That.
                          Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                          My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                            Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            If the university doesn't start to care a whole lot more about hockey than it does now, it won't matter much who they hire. They'll either pay so poorly that no decent candidate would consider the position, or if they get someone good, he'll get fed up and leave after a couple of years.
                            You got that absolutely right. Without proper institutional support we're going to turn into Bowling Green, where you suck no matter WHO the coach is.
                            Bronco Hockey Blog

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

                              Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              If the university doesn't start to care a whole lot more about hockey than it does now, it won't matter much who they hire. They'll either pay so poorly that no decent candidate would consider the position, or if they get someone good, he'll get fed up and leave after a couple of years.

                              Oh, I forgot...that spiffy new arena downtown is going to solve everything.
                              It'll give them a closer venue than Van Andel to bid on NCAA tournament regionals we have no intention of attending as a team.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                              Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X