Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

Riley Gill signed with the K-Wings today.
    Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
    My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

So does anyone think that some of the top candidates for the WMU job are now backing off to see if they have a shot at the much higher paying tOSU job?
      Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Personally I see more upside (potentially anyway) to the WMU job than the OSU job -- things like salary aside. Don't laugh. If Western did it right and made hockey a priority like Miami did, they have potential, more so in the sport than OSU possibly. Hockey could be the priority on campus in Kalamazoo, but it will always be an afterthought in Columbus. Just a victim of the Ohio State football machine that takes up 99% of the available oxygen there. It just sucks that this is such a horrible time economically to make those kinds of commitments, especially at a public institution and especially in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          Oh, I forgot...that spiffy new arena downtown is going to solve everything.
          Interesting how College Hockey News describes Ohio State's downtown arena as an Albatross round their neck and how they need to move to a smaller on campus site to be successful.
          B2
          It will only get better!

Comment

Blashill Visits WMU
            Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerAlum@WMU View Post
              Don't. Even. Joke. About. That.
              Well, it doesn't matter who it is, because she'll still be the puppet master.

I hear Scott Borek wants to get back into head coaching........

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
                Well, it doesn't matter who it is, because she'll still be the puppet master.
                She's not at WMU anymore. Long time ago she got sent packing.
                Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Where did the little southern belle end up?

I honestly don't know what her poor husband sees in her. He must drink a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
                    I honestly don't know what her poor husband sees in her. He must drink a lot.
                    How ironic you say that. He has quite the reputation as a drunk, and a nasty drunk at that.
                    Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Why not carry on the CCHA tradition of hiring a Ron Mason protege? (Danton Cole).

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        Why not carry on the CCHA tradition of hiring a Ron Mason protege? (Danton Cole).
                        It's been suggested (a local writer wrote a guest post on my blog about a month ago). The reaction among Bronco fans was pretty mixed.
                        Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                          It's been suggested (a local writer wrote a guest post on my blog about a month ago). The reaction among Bronco fans was pretty mixed.
                          Surprising.......I wouldn't think Cole has too much on the down side.

Comment

In last Sunday's USHL game between the Green Bay Gamblers and the Chicago Steel, the goalies got into a fight: after the overtime and before the shootout.

Both were ejected and the backups came in for the shootout.

I post this here because the Chicago goalie, Pisellini, is committed to WMU.

Here's a story from a local TV station with video of the fight and sound from GB's coach and goalie:

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sport...-goalie-fight-

And Yahoo! Canada sports has picked it up. I think the last paragraph is the best - it has a link to the bat killing incident from earlier in the year in GB.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl,229625
                            St. Norbert College Green Knights
                            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            ---
                            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                              Interesting how College Hockey News describes Ohio State's downtown arena as an Albatross round their neck and how they need to move to a smaller on campus site to be successful.
                              It's not downtown, it's on campus...i't s just too big for hockey. Was built for basketball crowds...for hockey you get 5-6000 in there and the place is dead, hard to generate much atmosphere

Comment

Joe Bonnett Interviews
                                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X