MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

These two squads go from October through February without seeing each other, then play back to back weekends.

Obviously you know that they're coming off a weekend in which Mankato held ground at home, and then St. Cloud got the all-imporant point at home to make sure they can't play Thursday at the X.

Fire away people!
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

Good deal; new thread. Go!

I think SCSU probably wins in 2. Both are 1 goal games and one of them (if not both) goes OT. Or, MSU forgets that playing solid, hard nosed [relatively] disciplined TEAM hockey is what earns you wins and SCSU wins running away.

A Maverick goalie standing on his head would be nice, too
    Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
    Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

A great matchup. I'm looking forward to the games.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

gut feeling right now says Huskies in 3 close ones, possibly some o.t.
        This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
        www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

This is a new season and last weekend means nothing. We will see what heart this team has and what kind of coach Motzko actually is....
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            This is a new season and last weekend means nothing. We will see what heart this team has and what kind of coach Motzko actually is....
            Agree. Both Raboin and Roe made comments in the post game last night about how this team is different then in years past. Well, I'm glad they think that but I want to see it.
            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Disappointed in the way the game ended up, wish Lasch could have shown up for his final regular season game.
              Hopefully getting Marvin and Raboin back helps but man is it disappointing how often we seem to let other teams dictate play to us.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Last weekend was a little rough for the huskies. Started out with a friday whopping that no one expected. got the point that we needed to lock up 3rd. Now it's time to get the game face on and play hard. The absence of Marvin for the first game might have a little impact on the depth, but with raboin back, think that will be a morale booster. we'll see what happens.....

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Comment

Mankato will have a lot of confidence coming into next weekend. I just don't get what happenned to St Cloud. Maybe players were pressing too hard trying to make up for the loss of Raboin and Marvin. IMO, Zabs and Johnson were constantly too deep, too often, in the offensive zone and the forwards weren't always rotating back. Hepp seemed about 2 steps slower than everyone. The PK was horrible and there were a number of forwards that just didn't have an impact. After Mankato tied the score 1-1 on Saturday I glanced at the bench and everyone, including the coaches, had their heads down and no one was saying a word. very disappointing.

Comment

The return of Marvin and Raboin should help the penalty kill and settle things down a bit. Mankato was 9th in the WCHA at about 16% coming in according to the broadcast on friday, and then went 5-10 on the weekend, while we went 0-9.
                    This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Disappointed in the way the game ended up, wish Lasch could have shown up for his final regular season game.
                      Hopefully getting Marvin and Raboin back helps but man is it disappointing how often we seem to let other teams dictate play to us.
                      I thought Lasch showed up, but his linemates weren't quite ready for "prime time." It didn't seem that either Hanowski or Festler used--or got him the puck--nearly enough. And when double-teamed as per usual, Lasch would make the great pass only to have it dribble off a teammate's stick.

Magic was missing on all lines, and on most defensemen. The number of shots against, the number of goals, the poor defensive play all play into the uncomfortable feeling that this team is now in trouble. [It all started when UND beat us 8-1 AT HOME, shamed us, we "hid" Marvin so no incidents occured, etc.]

Lets hope TB is right, and the team looks at the post season with fresh goals. This has been a painful month for the Huskies.

Comment

got a question about tickets: are they gonna be on ticketmaster or do i gotta call the scsu number? i had been able to pick and choose through ticketmaster and get the seat i wanted for the games i went to this year by changing the search criteria a little bit, do i have that option by going through the scsu number?

Comment

I would rather go to St Cloud than Wisco, so I think we got the match up that is best for us. We have played hard these last two weekends.
                          That being said this team hasn't played very well the rest of the year and could be blown out if they get down on the score board and start taking dumb penalties. I am hoping they are peaking at the right time and can come into st cloud and give themselves a chance to take this series. It's a long shot, winning 2 of 3 will be tough but it's possible. I think st could wins in 3.

Comment

Dear Mavericks,
                            While we were very disappointed in your performance last night, all will be forgiven if you beat Jan twice this next weekend.
                            Thanks -Sioux fans

Comment

Just looking forward to ending the season for the purple heifers.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                              X