This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

UND's win combined with SCSU's tie means UND is the 4th seed and will face MN next weekend to decide who gets to go to the Final Five... should be a fun series.

(Normally the next series thread is not started 'til the current series is completed, but the game tomorrow vs. UW is completely meaningless).

Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Oh boy.
    I would rather not face a rival in the 1st round...but here we go.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Oh boy.
      Agreed here. This will be an entertaining series.

Sioux in 3.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Oh boy.
        Told ya the three-way tie wouldn't happen.

My probability post wasn't wasted after all!

First team to score 3 in each game wins.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Agreed here. This will be an entertaining series.

Sioux in 3.
          If the Gophers play similar to the way they did earlier in the year at Grand Forks it will be an easy sweep for the Sioux. Saying that, if the Sioux play the way they did down in Minnesota, then it could be a Gopher sweep.

Saying that, I agree with MNS. The Sioux have a slight advantage and take it in three. I would not be surprised if this series is very similar to the Minnesota-Mankato series from a couple years ago.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The Gophers played the Sioux pretty tough in the last series. Personally other than CC I think this is probably the best matchup for Minnesota . We never play well and the DECC and SCSU kicked seven kinds of dog crap out of us last time we played them.

That said, Sioux in 2. Neither game close.
            Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
            NFL Min
            MLB NYM, Min
            NHL Min, Dal
            NCAAB Min, Baylor
            NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
            Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Road teams don't fare well in the WCHA playoffs. Pretty rare to find a season where #7 beat #4.

The UW/MN game may mean little to MN, but means alot to WI for PWR purposes and to any team that wants/doesn't want MN to remain a TUC.

Comment

Wasn't hoping this match-up would happen. Not very ideal lol.

We've got one thing going for us and that'll help which is home ice.

GO SIOUX!!

Comment

I think MN was #7 in the '08 season when they knocked out Mankato on the road.

Comment

Seasons over for North Dakota. Gophers win big both games thanks to one-sided officiating because Bruce McLeod says to make it happen
                    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                      The Gophers played the Sioux pretty tough in the last series. Personally other than CC I think this is probably the best matchup for Minnesota . We never play well and the DECC and SCSU kicked seven kinds of dog crap out of us last time we played them.

That said, Sioux in 2. Neither game close.
                      Boy do I disagree. Having to play three games in three nights in The Springs would have been a tough task. And UND has been surging the last month, while already having one of the best team defenses in the nation. Having to play a team that gives up more or less 2gpg is bad news for a team with as anemic an offense as the Gophers have. Personally, I was hoping for SCSU or UMD.

Oh well. Its playoffs, a new season, all that jazz. Lets go boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                        Seasons over for North Dakota. Gophers win big both games thanks to one-sided officiating because Bruce McLeod says to make it happen
                        1. Even if the Sioux don't make the F5, they're still a very good bet to make the NCAA's.
                        2. UMN @ F5 = $ for the WCHA. Could be fun.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                          I doubt that two losses to MN will be enough to knock UND out of the NCAA tourney.

Secondly, if you think officiating is enough to get MN a couple wins on the road, you haven't been paying any attention to the Gopher PP lately.

Comment

Originally posted by PokeCheck View Post
                            Road teams don't fare well in the WCHA playoffs. Pretty rare to find a season where #7 beat #4.

The UW/MN game may mean little to MN, but means alot to WI for PWR purposes and to any team that wants/doesn't want MN to remain a TUC.
                            You'd have to go all the way back to last year when UMD did it. Actually the PWR is no longer relevant for the Gophers. They have to win the whole enchilada.

This may sound crazy, but with a rivalry series like this I think the Gophers stand a good chance of surviving this gun battle and moving onto the X. Now they just have remember where they put those bullets.

Comment

Gophers will come out fired up and will sweep the Sioux. I'm calling it.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X