Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i was waiting for the stupid videoboard to show us what the camerajocks at HAA got for that. it was knocked in by #3 to all of us on that side.

"world class entertainment facility" with chitty video replay. place sucks.
    mookie, get over it. It's not the facility's decision to not show a video replay of a disputed goal. Send an email to Jack.

Were the rest of you talking about Cohen's slapshot? There was a loud clank so I know it hit the post but I agree - I thought that went in. And it looked like it on the video replay.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      mookie, get over it. It's not the facility's decision to not show a video replay of a disputed goal. Send an email to Jack.
      how about i go beat my head against the wall instead?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Were the rest of you talking about Cohen's slapshot? There was a loud clank so I know it hit the post but I agree - I thought that went in. And it looked like it on the video replay.
      no, the one you're thinking about was in front of us. the other one they are talking about was down the other end where the shot would have been in your line of sight (and across from mine). the BU bench would have been between you and the shot and they didn't make a fuss. i couldn't tell, so i've no opinion.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm not sure what you all are talking about, but I do know that Bigos gloved down the shot that flipped up in the air, and the puck took a funny bounce and went into the net. Absolutely no question about it, and everyone sitting around me thought the same thing. There wasn't even a stick in the area. The other one you guys are talking about, that Jacques and chickod are talking about - was that at the other end of the ice? The south end, I guess? I do remember one shot that I couldn't believe wasn't a goal, but I don't have a very good view all the way down there. I'm very frustrated with the officiating tonight, mostly because they whistled dead three plays as high-sticks, and there were no sticks, high or otherwise, involved in any way. The first was one near the beginning of the game when Bonino gloved down a puck after it bounced off the glass and the second was one down near the other end of the ice - honestly, neither really mattered that much at the time, but the third one certainly did. After the obviously bad call on the goal/no-goal, you have to start wondering if the referee has a legit visual acuity problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          I'm not sure what you all are talking about, but I do know that Bigos gloved down the shot that flipped up in the air, and the puck took a funny bounce and went into the net. Absolutely no question about it, and everyone sitting around me thought the same thing. There wasn't even a stick in the area. The other one you guys are talking about, that Jacques and chickod are talking about - was that at the other end of the ice? The south end, I guess? I do remember one shot that I couldn't believe wasn't a goal, but I don't have a very good view all the way down there. I'm very frustrated with the officiating tonight, mostly because they whistled dead three plays as high-sticks, and there were no sticks, high or otherwise, involved in any way. The first was one near the beginning of the game when Bonino gloved down a puck after it bounced off the glass and the second was one down near the other end of the ice - honestly, neither really mattered that much at the time, but the third one certainly did. After the obviously bad call on the goal/no-goal, you have to start wondering if the referee has a legit visual acuity problem.
          Yes, it was the opposite end of the ice from the disallowed "high stick" goal. It was the second period (the only period that BU shoots at that end).

Comment

Again, I just want to tell BU good luck; we're all counting on you.
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              any mack fan complaining about officiating should read the powerplay section of the boxscore then read the part where you had two pps in the 3rd after we went up 3-2..you got the calls and had your chances.
              any Terrier fan complaining about the officiating (hello, Jacques Joubert) should read the powerplay section of the boxscore (11 to 5 in BU's favor) then read the part where you had 2 pps in the 3rd (last 4:30, including a very short 5x3) after you tied it up 2-2....you got the calls and had your chances (1 for 11, ouch).
              slurpees, I couldn't have written it better myself!
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                any Terrier fan complaining about the officiating (hello, Jacques Joubert) should read the powerplay section of the boxscore (11 to 5 in BU's favor) then read the part where you had 2 pps in the 3rd (last 4:30, including a very short 5x3) after you tied it up 2-2....you got the calls and had your chances (1 for 11, ouch).
                slurpees, I couldn't have written it better myself!
                Get used to it dude. Its never going to end. Just let them complain amongst themselves. Its the way world in HE.
                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                  Get used to it dude. Its never going to end. Just let them complain amongst themselves. Its the way world in HE.
                  it sounds like you assume that the number of PPs in a given game should be even, whether or not one team is doing 99% of the hooking, holding, boarding, tripping...

I really hate it when the refs "make sure that there are the same number of marbles in each pocket by the end of the game."

If Merrimack belongs in the box and BU doesn't, the the refs ought to call em all on Merrimack, and vice versa.
                  This is not the ref determining the outcome of the game, this is the ref enforcing the rules as they are written and NOT rewarding the team that trips, holds and hooks.
                  (and GOD forbid ANYONE thinks that I am "taking BU's side")

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                    I have 20/10 vision and also saw that go in. Plain as day. That's two goals they totally effed up on.

Keenan and Benedetto are the absolute worst I've ever seen. Why are they allowed to do this game after game and year after year?
                    kinda sucks when your team gets hosed, huh?
                    Like when Curry knocks the net off over and over and over, AND when Gilroy does it, over and over, and no calls are ever made....

maybe I m living in the past, but there are 9 fan bases in hockey east who are pretty sure that Jack has the officiating staff in his pocket.

don't get me wrong, Shawn's teams used to do that too, over and over and Shawn had the boys in his pocket, but look at the game objectively, and not through scarlet colored glasses and count your blessings.

(not a fan of Keenan here, but he is "fair" even though he loves his whistle, and if you think that Bennedetto is bad, then I am sure you have NEVER been to a Bunyon game and you have completely forgotten what it was like to have Conrad in the league.... again, count your blessings)

Comment

• Re: #3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Congrats to BU. Millan came up really big (absolutely kept BU in game 2 despite a very off night for the Terriers) and getting a shutout tonite was money.

For Merrimack, a bit of a breakthrough season. Beat every team in HE at least once, were very very tough on home ice, and have a bonifide candidate for Nat'l freshman of the year in DaCosta. Given the relative youth of their roster, they should be a handful for a least the next couple of years.

To Scarlet and the other rational BU faithful (I'll let you decide amongst yourselves who the rational ones are ) best of luck.
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Re: #3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                        Again, I just want to tell BU good luck; we're all counting on you.
                        On a sad note, I just saw in the Cafe that Peter Graves died.

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        kinda sucks when your team gets hosed, huh?
                        Like when Curry knocks the net off over and over and over, AND when Gilroy does it, over and over, and no calls are ever made....

maybe I m living in the past, but there are 9 fan bases in hockey east who are pretty sure that Jack has the officiating staff in his pocket.

don't get me wrong, Shawn's teams used to do that too, over and over and Shawn had the boys in his pocket, but look at the game objectively, and not through scarlet colored glasses and count your blessings.

(not a fan of Keenan here, but he is "fair" even though he loves his whistle, and if you think that Bennedetto is bad, then I am sure you have NEVER been to a Bunyon game and you have completely forgotten what it was like to have Conrad in the league.... again, count your blessings)
                        Why don't you delete your idiotic posts like you do in the Maine thread?

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        Congrats to BU. Millan came up really big (absolutely kept BU in game 2 despite a very off night for the Terriers) and getting a shutout tonite was money.

For Merrimack, a bit of a breakthrough season. Beat every team in HE at least once, were very very tough on home ice, and have a bonifide candidate for Nat'l freshman of the year in DaCosta. Given the relative youth of their roster, they should be a handful for a least the next couple of years.

To Scarlet and the other rational BU faithful (I'll let you decide amongst yourselves who the rational ones are ) best of luck.
                        Thanks! Definitely a tough series - Merrimack never gave up. And a great showing by Merrimack fans.

Comment

Working...
                        X