Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #3 BU hosts #6 Merrimack -- a week of Hokydad!

We'll be live blogging the whole series.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

A little off topic, but does anybody know if buying the b2 feed for tomorrow's game is worth it? I know tonight's game is on NESN, jw about tomorrow's game and maybe Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Friartown View Post
        LOL on your thread title. So glad it's your week to watch him

Good Luck to BU this weekend
        Happily (for us, sadly for you) he still seems more interested in your team this week.

Comment

Some people may be interested in this. My blog interviewed Merrimack coach Mark Dennehy and asked him some questions about the playoff series. We have talked with him before and always seems willing to help out Merrimack alums.

http://www.sportsjuke.com/2010/03/in...k-dennehy.html
          Merrimack College Warriors
          Boston Bruins Hockey
          Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
          Old-time hockey, bar the door
          Clear the track it's all-out war
          Light the lamp, throw a hit
          Black and gold never quit
          The barn is full, our team's in town
          So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
          Drop the puck, it's time to go"
          -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
          Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by asox2000 View Post
            A little off topic, but does anybody know if buying the b2 feed for tomorrow's game is worth it? I know tonight's game is on NESN, jw about tomorrow's game and maybe Sunday.
            I would suggest if possible avoid it. I've only used it once or twice but pretty much every game someone is on warriorrinkrat.com's live blog complaining about it not working.

Comment

Originally posted by asox2000 View Post
              I bought the b2 feed of last year's quarterfinal game 2 and it was not worth it. But that's because we lost 6-3. Regarding the feed itself, though, I do recall one or two instances where I had to reload it because it lost connection.

Comment

Recap, notebook, videos all up on the blog.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

BU completely outplayed Merrimack last night but I am disppointed with BU's first two goals. The first goal was an obvious breakaway after a BU played knocked over Merrimack's defensemen.

BU's second goal was a scrum in front of the net and there was a clear cross-check yet still no call. I wish I got the player's name as this post would have made more sense.
                  Merrimack College Warriors
                  Boston Bruins Hockey
                  Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
                  Old-time hockey, bar the door
                  Clear the track it's all-out war
                  Light the lamp, throw a hit
                  Black and gold never quit
                  The barn is full, our team's in town
                  So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
                  Drop the puck, it's time to go"
                  -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
                  Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
                    BU completely outplayed Merrimack last night but I am disppointed with BU's first two goals. The first goal was an obvious breakaway after a BU played knocked over Merrimack's defensemen.

BU's second goal was a scrum in front of the net and there was a clear cross-check yet still no call. I wish I got the player's name as this post would have made more sense.
                    that was an obvious pick at center ice by Zach.... but throughout the game MC was allowed to get away with penalties at will. it was only fair that BU was allowed too as well.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Fun game to watch last night. Good work 'Mack. I gotta say I loved the tactic they used to keep BUs offense down to 4 men. Really ballsy, but it was fun to watch!

I just like to see a coach trying something new and different.
                      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles View Post
                        Never mind that Bonino was hauled down 10 different ways while wrapping around the back of the net, or that Mack had a sizeable advantage in total powerplays. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're complaining about officiating last night.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Disappointed in the result, but a fun game to watch. Random thoughts: No complaints about the refs. BU turned up the "physicality" in the 2nd period, and won virtually all the battles on the boards. Looked up to see a 2 on none for BU's 1st goal...didn't see the pick, but mookie said it was (that's good enough for me) and now I know why Ross was fuming.
                          BU penalty kill was excellent, quick puck movement out of the zone. MC's lack of faceoff wins was glaring.
                          I thought Vellaca was far and away MC's best offensive player last night, and Cannatta was very solid. For BU, very impressed with Warchofsky and Saponari.
                          The "hanger" strategy worked for MC's 1st goal, but I though BU managed to defend it pretty well otherwise.
                          Hope MC can extend the series tonight.
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                            Never mind that Bonino was hauled down 10 different ways while wrapping around the back of the net, or that Mack had a sizeable advantage in total powerplays. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're complaining about officiating last night.
                            Or the time Gryba got into that mix with that Merrimack thug, who hit him in the face 5 times, but they both got roughing AND Gryba got an instigator.

Or the time where Connolly got hit in the head and got blindsided and the blind refs missed it.

If anything the officiating benefited the less skilled team. The first 10 minutes of the game was Merrimack exhibiting just about every penalty in the book and the Hansen Wonder Twins stunk it up letting it go.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                              Or the time Gryba got into that mix with that Merrimack thug, who hit him in the face 5 times, but they both got roughing AND Gryba got an instigator.
                              Or the time where Connolly got hit in the head and got blindsided and the blind refs missed it.

If anything the officiating benefited the less skilled team. The first 10 minutes of the game was Merrimack exhibiting just about every penalty in the book and the Hansen Wonder Twins stunk it up letting it go.
                              Huh?? Is this the Gryba that BU fans love to tout as a tough guy? Gryba wasn't involved in the initial play and then came up and got into Bigos' face. I give him credit for starting with a guy 20 pounds heavier than he is but to refer to the other guy as a thug?? Maybe Bigos will be the career leader in PIM's at Merrimack someday just like Gryba is at BU.

The Connolly hit looked like it was a bit of retaliation. Could have been called, just like the Cohen hit on Ross to spring the breakaway on the first BU goal. Of course, nobody on the BU side is complaining about that missed call.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                                The Connolly hit looked like it was a bit of retaliation. Could have been called, just like the Cohen hit on Ross to spring the breakaway on the first BU goal. Of course, nobody on the BU side is complaining about that missed call.
                                Now it's my time to say huh???? Do you mean the hit on Connolly or by Connolly? The hit by Connolly was called. The hit on him was not and TBA just complained about it. So I don't know why you said no one on the BU side was was complaining about it. And if you want more of us to complain about it, add me to that list. Because it should have been called. As should the slash on Perreira that started that whole skirmish where Gryba got thos penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X