Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
    Does anyone know when the ticket office opens today?
    If they follow what the phone says (603.862.4000), " . . . for events on weekends, the Whittemore Center Box Office will open two hours before the start of the event."

Box Office at 5, doors at 6, hopefully, Rob Madore's goals against at 7:04
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
      I have to disagree that they didn't even try, they had some chances in the first and Sislo had a golden chance in the 2nd when Madore got over the make a great save. I thought they played hard for 2 period and the 3rd seemed a little less and Vermont really turned up their trap after they scored and really cut down the passed in the middle. To say they didn’t even try makes it sound like they were blown out 12-0, it was a tight game and Vermont played a real smart game and executed better. UNH needs to come out tonight and dictate the pace of the game and make it more up and down, and not let Vermont dictate the pace of the game.
      I have to agree with JB. They did try of course, but only with their typical offensive game plan of transition hockey. They need to focus more on what is possible. In a game like last night's, the pretty goals aren't going to be there. You've got to clog the middle, crash the net, look for tips and rebounds. Let's face it, UNH is not a good grinding team but they do have players (Thompson, Sislo, Borisenok) who are capable of getting to the slot area and wreaking havoc. If they continue to try and be just pretty, they are going to lose tonight. They need to get in the goalie's face and stay there. That's what UVM did last night to great advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
        I have to agree with JB. They did try of course, but only with their typical offensive game plan of transition hockey. They need to focus more on what is possible. In a game like last night's, the pretty goals aren't going to be there. You've got to clog the middle, crash the net, look for tips and rebounds. Let's face it, UNH is not a good grinding team but they do have players (Thompson, Sislo, Borisenok) who are capable of getting to the slot area and wreaking havoc. If they continue to try and be just pretty, they are going to lose tonight. They need to get in the goalie's face and stay there. That's what UVM did last night to great advantage.
        Of course, they still have to bury one occasionally. Borisenok had an open net on a rebound in the first that he missed by three feet. Maybe the puck was bouncing or on end, don't know, but there was a lot of net and it wasn't close. Personally, I blame CBG and '29 for failing to point out the location, kinda like they do in curling.
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          If they follow what the phone says (603.862.4000), " . . . for events on weekends, the Whittemore Center Box Office will open two hours before the start of the event."

Box Office at 5, doors at 6, hopefully, Rob Madore's goals against at 7:04
          Yes!! And thanks!
          GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
            Vermont takes this series in three.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
              we shall see....

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                OH , IM NOT A BAD LOSER , CONGRATS TO UVM , THEY DESERVED TO WIN , WERE THE BETTER TEAM

Comment

UNH-UVM postgame video from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxRpMCN-yOk

Comment

No more spooning. It's time for separate beds.
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X