Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal League
    replied
    Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

I've been saying since Nov. that if Shattenkirk and Bonino both leave (I'm not convinced both are), Warsofsky and Pereira will get Cs and Connolly will get an A.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    OR...he misses Yip and McCarthy.

Yip and McCarthy were the foundation of his line last year. Never afraid to go into the corners and take the hit to get the puck. I imagine that took a lot of heat of Bonino which freed him up a bit?
    Great point, although down the stretch, Bonino was driving the success of that line. In the FF, he was immense.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by mkak18 View Post
    This one was tough to watch because this team's problem all season was working for 60 minutes. They kept saying they realized it and would correct it, then never did.
    They didn't have the talent of last year to make up for taking shifts and periods off.
    Without knowing it, you have crystalized the concern with coaching of myself and many BU fans. We've had one highly successful season in the last 12, and it took a tremendous amount of talent to get it done. In fact, that team barely got it done. Good coaching should be able to achieve great results without having to be stocked with future NHLers. I am cocnerned that under the current coaching situation, having the most talented team in the country is the only way we can remain among the elites.

Motivation and power play are two specific areas I have concerns with. JP is Mr. BU Hockey and he deserves all th kudos he receives. I just wonder if a Quinn or Sullivan would be able to better connect with this generation. I mean I have trouble connecting with them, and I am 25 years or so younger than Jack!

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

Well, we get to watch hockey from here on out, stress free.

#3 is gone.

I think #13 stays.

#25? Who knows.

About the penalties. Isn't this like being a parent? If the bad behavior continues with little consequence, it's not going to stop. So Chiason was benched last night after taking a bad penalty. Where was that action in games 1 thru 38?

BU Hockey: Off Season

Leave a comment:

• Jacques Joubert
    replied

Originally posted by mkak18 View Post
    This one was tough to watch because this team's problem all season was working for 60 minutes. They kept saying they realized it and would correct it, then never did.
    They didn't have the talent of last year to make up for taking shifts and periods off.

That being said, looking at how much talent we lost from last year's team, making it to the HE semis is not bad.

There are a ton of good, young players who should blossom next year and with the new recruits we could be poised to climb back to the top of the standings.

So who wears the C and the A's next year?
    This is a huge leap b/c who knows but...

If Shatt stays he keeps the "C".

Bonino gets an "A"
    Warsofsky gets and "A" and is next in line for the "C"
    Colby Cohen really seemed to pick up his Defense and I like how he stands up for his teammates so he gets an "A"

Hopefully all these guys are back...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X