Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    NHL.com has posted a set of mock drafts for the forthcoming draft.

In one of the drafts, Charlie Coyle is tabbed for Vancoo as the 26th pick. The accompanying comment is "Offers a nice blend of grittiness and instinctive puck distribution". A second draft pegs him to Phoenix with the comment "Coyotes learned the hard way about patience with prospects, so Coyle's four years at BU the perfect fit."
    Will BU West (Avs) be picking "late in the first round"?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Hey, I have watched the last couple of Ranger games and went to NHL.com and could not find Gilroy. Is he hurt? At the beginning of the season he was logging pretty big minutes.
      Anyone who can give an update?

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
        Hey, I have watched the last couple of Ranger games and went to NHL.com and could not find Gilroy. Is he hurt? At the beginning of the season he was logging pretty big minutes.
        Healthy scratch because of "defensive issues."

Basically all of the Rangers' defense sucks, and Torts needed a scapegoat, and he's the easiest target because he doesn't put up DZ's points and is a rookie.

Even before the scratches, he was only getting about 10 minutes a game for the past month.
        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
          Tortorella loves scapegoats. Refuses to bench Roszival or Redden, the two worst defensemen on the team. So he benches rookies like Gilroy to teach the team a lesson.

The lesson is, I have no idea what I'm doing so lets pin it on the guy who might actually get better by getting more experience.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Postseason Notebook: Shattenkirk leaving, Colby might be, Cisse's not coming, other stuff
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Interesting, did Parker say why Cisse wasn't coming in for 2010? I'm assuming its because of his injury.

And Jack Parker not letting the team pick captains for next year speaks volumes. He must not have been too happy with the picks.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                And Jack Parker not letting the team pick captains for next year speaks volumes. He must not have been too happy with the picks.
                Pick, I think. I was under the impression they only pick the Captain, and he gives out the "A"s.
                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                  Interesting, did Parker say why Cisse wasn't coming in for 2010? I'm assuming its because of his injury.

Yes, because of the injury. I actually just added a quote about it, too, that I had accidentally cut.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                    Pick, I think. I was under the impression they only pick the Captain, and he gives out the "A"s.
                    In the past, yes.

I don't think there was a problem with this year's selections. Who would the alternative have been? Unfortunately Strait leaving made it tougher. However, the attitude of this year's team might frighten him in who they would pick and why for next season.
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      In the past, yes.

I don't think there was a problem with this year's selections. Who would the alternative have been? Unfortunately Strait leaving made it tougher. However, the attitude of this year's team might frighten him in who they would pick and why for next season.
                      Yeah, Parker said that this year's picks were the right selections at the time. I think this has a lot more to do with what happened during the season than what happened with last year's picks. I won't go into it too much now because this is gonna be a big part of our season recap running next week, but Parker talked about his disappointment with the team's attitude this year in a lot more open and frank terms today than he had at any point during the season.

Comment

I think this assures that we see co-captains. My stock is still in #5 and #6, a mix of grit, hustle, and skill.
                        time to write new history

Comment

When was Coyle planned for 2011? Ever since he committed, I thought he was a 2010.

Comment

wonder if shattenkirk was considered a 'mccarthy' good cop, or a 'gilroy' bad cop. if strait would have been the bad guy while kevin was the go to talk stuff C.

not that it has anything to do with it either, but last year at HAA when bc was visiting. there were two times jimmy haynes was on the ice that i noticed something. he is a year behind wilson and shattenkirk, but played with both on the U18 team. after one scrum he skated up to colin and the two of them were talking and smiling. after another he saw kevin was on the ice and hit him, kinda hard, against the boards where the floor seating is in front of Scarlet's section.

just enough to make you think.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              When was Coyle planned for 2011? Ever since he committed, I thought he was a 2010.
                              I know most people thought it was '10 (we even had it as that on the blog), but it was never '10. The plan from the start was Cisse in '10, Coyle in '11. It wasn't until Cisse's injury that Coyle became a possibility for '10. I'm not really sure who was responsible for first saying it was '10, but I think the rest of us just ran with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                Yeah, Parker said that this year's picks were the right selections at the time. I think this has a lot more to do with what happened during the season than what happened with last year's picks. I won't go into it too much now because this is gonna be a big part of our season recap running next week, but Parker talked about his disappointment with the team's attitude this year in a lot more open and frank terms today than he had at any point during the season.
                                This will be an eagerly anticipated update for a select subset of the Boston sports scene.

Perhaps a book about this season's team would be even more interesting than "Burn the Boats".
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X