Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
    I've always been a Boston sports fan. Anything that can make the city of Boston that much better is fine by me and the chance of having the national championship be from the same city for 3 years would be awesome. If this was not the case I would be all for Miami. And in some part I am. That team is due to win it all and they deserve to. Either way it should be a great game.

Yankeefan, in my opinion, holding college rivalries past college is a bit ridiculous. I'll rib on BC now and again but more in jest than actual disdain. If BC does well, good for them. Hating them was for college time. College time is over for me. I'm here to root for BU when they are playing and just enjoy the rest of the college hockey world. Your insult was uncalled for.
    You are entitled to your opinion, and I certainly hope you are in the minority of terrier nation. It's incredibly hypocritical to root against a team during the regular season and even playoffs, but once your team is out to cheer for that team because "it's good for boston" or "it's good for hockey east."

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... just don't sound so surprised when support of BC in this group of people is seen as blasphemous.

As for the team that matches up best against BC, after what I've seen in Albany, I would put both Wisconsin and RIT ahead of Miami as the "possible" team to beat BC. Wisconsin has the most talent of the 3 remaining, and after seeing what RIT did to Cornell and UNH, I'm certainly not picking against them anymore. Miami is a good team, and they are certainly talented, but coach Jerry York has shown again and again his ability to outcoach and get his team to outplay the Red Hawks.

In other words, I'm already crowning BC the national champs at this point. That high octane offense isn't going to be stopped at this point, and it should be enough to tally two more W's.
    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Not that more needs to be added to this discussion, but with BU not in it, I personally don't have a rooting interest and like it that way. There are various reasons why it would be good to see any of these teams win. I'm just going to enjoy watching good college hockey.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        Sorry dude. While I hate both of those teams there is a logical reason to root against the Yankees. If you ever live in NYC you would understand. Yankee fans are the scum of the Earth in that town. Outside: tolerable.

Don't ever bring Yankees into BU-BC hate.
        Great post + 1

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
          scum of the earth? have you lived in nyc? (this is a serious question as I don't know)

mets fans rooting for the phillies in the world series is like me rooting for the patriots against the giants in the super bowl a couple of years ago (as a jets fan), which is like a bu fan rooting for bc

BU-BC hate should be strong enough that I personally can't understand how any BU fan is rooting for BC. I will wish them and their fans good luck in Detroit, but no way am I rooting for them.
          BU fans back to rooting against BC in the Frozen Four. The world, at last, is back to normal again.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
            Not that more needs to be added to this discussion, but with BU not in it, I personally don't have a rooting interest and like it that way. There are various reasons why it would be good to see any of these teams win. I'm just going to enjoy watching good college hockey.
            Thats how I feel...

If BC wins then its cool since it would be 3 in a row for Comm Ave (and probablly would light a bit of a fire in some of our players behinds).

If Miami wins, that would be a good story as they came SOOOO close last year... would be nice to see them rebound.

If RIT wins... what a great underdog story that would be.

Wisco... well, if you squint when you are watching the game, they kind of look like us.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Wisco... well, if you squint when you are watching the game, they kind of look like us.
              Haha! that's great. But I think that the 2-week break will return things to normal a bit. Read: RIT will lose momentum.
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Keep your head up, Nick.

******* width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">****** name="movie" value="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" />****** name="quality" value="high" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />****** name="flashVars" value="hlg=20092010,2,1109&event=EDM270&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" />****** name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="hlg=20092010,2,1109&event=EDM270&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/">
                "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Thats how I feel...

If BC wins then its cool since it would be 3 in a row for Comm Ave (and probablly would light a bit of a fire in some of our players behinds).
                  Right, as was the case in 2009. But do we really have the players that even if "on a mission" could make NCAA tournament noise next year? I'm not so sure...

If BC wins, it will mean 3 championships in the decade, and will elevate the decade from an amazing one to one of the best decades for any program in NCAA hockey. Being our principal rival, that would be hard to bear, and it would be hard to look back on our great 2009 season without remembering it was bookended by two titles down the road.

If Miami wins, that would be a good story as they came SOOOO close last year... would be nice to see them rebound.
                  I'm really pulling for Miami for several reasons. The determination they're showing after a really really tough loss last year. The loss of Brendan Burke and their attitude about dedicating the season to him. Just seems like a great group of people in that program.

That was a really tough test for them last night, playing a conference team that knows them well (similar to UNH in the regional for us last year). Now they play a team that has given them plenty of problems in past years (just like we did with UVM).
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                    Right, as was the case in 2009. But do we really have the players that even if "on a mission" could make NCAA tournament noise next year? I'm not so sure...

If BC wins, it will mean 3 championships in the decade, and will elevate the decade from an amazing one to one of the best decades for any program in NCAA hockey. Being our principal rival, that would be hard to bear, and it would be hard to look back on our great 2009 season without remembering it was bookended by two titles down the road.

I'm really pulling for Miami for several reasons. The determination they're showing after a really really tough loss last year. The loss of Brendan Burke and their attitude about dedicating the season to him. Just seems like a great group of people in that program.

That was a really tough test for them last night, playing a conference team that knows them well (similar to UNH in the regional for us last year). Now they play a team that has given them plenty of problems in past years (just like we did with UVM).

It would remind me of the dominance we had in the 70's and 90's in terms of making the Frozen Four and Championships.

Comment

look it....

BU and bc are like that espn ad with the michigan dude making out with a tosu chick. the ones where they are in their tshirts on a couch. icky, right?

every time i saw that, in my head i knew it was just the michigan guy screwing with her... later on he'd leave a load somewhere on her and laugh and run away -- and she'd cry and probably kill herself while he ran back to his umich buds and laughed some more.

well that's like peeps here 'wishing' or 'hoping' that *gag* newton college wins so "boston would win 3 in a row" i don't believe it. it's not in me to do such a thing.

w t f ??

now don't get me wrong. i like many bc guys (and girls). i took a bc guy to the beanpot final with me. tba asked a bc girl that he met at HAA with me if she was mrs mookie. i am innernet cordial with a couple of them here, rep'ping back and forth laughing at stuff that goes on here with you young'uns. i golf with many bc grads. i even tolerate them enough to consider some of them dear friends.

but.i.would.never...ever...want them to win.

will i openly cheer for them to lose? no.

did i hold up a sign last year in DC that read, "hey bc! wish you were here!!"? no.

but even thinking... .. that i'd like for them to win....

are you ****ing nuts?!?!?!

if they win, i will congratulate them. graciously mention how *barf* they have become the class of college *yak!!* hockey. speak highly of their coach until i am out of breath. yes.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Amen.

Amen again
                        Last edited by pirate; 03-29-2010, 08:50 PM.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          well that's like peeps here 'wishing' or 'hoping' that *gag* newton college wins so "boston would win 3 in a row" i don't believe it. it's not in me to do such a thing. etc etc etc
                          I agree, though I would use capitalization in my sentences.

After living in Minnesota for almost 10 years, another factor came into play for me on this, and that's how many WCHA fans will root for any WCHA team to win the national championship, even their arch-rivals. There are some exceptions, but it's not inaccurate to say most people feel that way. You hear over and over (and over) about how dominant the WCHA is. Even if Michigan wins they'll tell you Michigan is really a WCHA team, that's where they started, their championships should be counted as WCHA wins, etc. It's pathetic! You couldn't ask for a better example of a massive inferiority complex. (Have you seen the MacNaughton Cup? Goes to the regular season champ. That thing's as big as the Stanley Cup. It's pathetic. It's like the big tower is Shrek: "Think someone's trying to compensate for something?")

The extra-bizarre thing is that they have won more titles than anyone else. So what's with the defensiveness?

Anyway, point is, be around people who will take any team from their conference, it'll be made extra-clear how weak that thinking is.

And, like Tony Soprano would say: Just my opinion.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            I agree, though I would use capitalization in my sentences.

After living in Minnesota for almost 10 years, another factor came into play for me on this, and that's how many WCHA fans will root for any WCHA team to win the national championship, even their arch-rivals....
                            please note i use capitals where they are required.

and i would say there are only one set of true rivals in wcha. du-cc.

you've read those ******** (sorry if that offends anyone) wcha rival threads, right? where gophs will list "the sioux as their biggest rival... er, no. it's bucky. well, maybe it's the pios. no, it is absolutely the sioux AND bucky! "

no wonder they don't mind if a rival wins... they can still hate the other ones and tell them "you still sux! you didn't win!!"

ah, no. you have ONE big rival. an arch-rival. poor red-headed step child nu comes around every so often and claims that they are BU's rival. sorry.

or umo comes in and claims in the 90's it was us and them. jack and shawn. well, ummm. not really. (though it did help them that we were something like 0-19-1 vs the boys from the newton side of comm ave then )

we are lucky enough to know who we hate. and to know who hates us.

almost like we're married!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Gryba signed with Ottawa. Assigned to Binghamton. His first game could be Friday against ex-roomie Strait, Curry and the Baby Pens. Binghamton has two more games left vs. WB/Scranton.

Check Channelsurfing.com on Friday to see if that game is available online. http://www.channelsurfing.net/Go luck Eric.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nhl/Eric_Gryba/856789
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I agree with virtually everything Mookie said. Except I won't congratulate them if they win.
                                I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X