Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
    And the redhawks win it. I'm glad to see them head back to the frozen four. They seem to get better every year. It will be an epic game against BC. Hopefully not 2OT epic but a fun game to watch. Leaves me divided on who to root for but can not wait to see the last three college hockey games of this year.
    divided!?!

you're as bad as the mets fans who rooted for the phillies in the world series!

Go Red Hawks!
    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
      divided!?!

you're as bad as the mets fans who rooted for the phillies in the world series!

Go Red Hawks!
      Sorry dude. While I hate both of those teams there is a logical reason to root against the Yankees. If you ever live in NYC you would understand. Yankee fans are the scum of the Earth in that town. Outside: tolerable.

Don't ever bring Yankees into BU-BC hate.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
        The best thing about this season ending is that I never have to see him on the ice again wearing a BU jersey, taking one stupid penalty after another. It was painful to watch for 4 years.

He is up there with Morrow, Redlihs, Aufiero, and McConnell that I couldnt wait for them to graduate.
        This is what I was referring to, when I talked about McConnell being painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          Sorry dude. While I hate both of those teams there is a logical reason to root against the Yankees. If you ever live in NYC you would understand. Yankee fans are the scum of the Earth in that town. Outside: tolerable.

Don't ever bring Yankees into BU-BC hate.
          scum of the earth? have you lived in nyc? (this is a serious question as I don't know)

mets fans rooting for the phillies in the world series is like me rooting for the patriots against the giants in the super bowl a couple of years ago (as a jets fan), which is like a bu fan rooting for bc

BU-BC hate should be strong enough that I personally can't understand how any BU fan is rooting for BC. I will wish them and their fans good luck in Detroit, but no way am I rooting for them.
          Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
          when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
          "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

scum of the earth? have you lived in nyc? (this is a serious question as I don't know)

mets fans rooting for the phillies in the world series is like me rooting for the patriots against the giants in the super bowl a couple of years ago (as a jets fan), which is like a bu fan rooting for bc

BU-BC hate should be strong enough that I personally can't understand how any BU fan is rooting for BC. I will wish them and their fans good luck in Detroit, but no way am I rooting for them.
            Meh the Mets thing is more understandable because both teams are in your top 3 rivals. BU fans have no reason to have any negative feelings about Miami, therefore incomparable.

Edit: to steer this back to BU, during the Miami/Mich game the factoid that BU had the 4th highest winning percentage of the last 5 years was put on the screen, behind Miami, Mich, and BC. I wouldn't have guessed we were that high, but 35-6-4 sure helps.
            Last edited by Agganis; 03-28-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I'm rooting for Miami, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing BC win. They're a fun team to watch, and they're incredibly classy. You'd be hard-pressed to find a classier coach than Jerry York or classier players than Ben Smith and Matt Price, although coach Keith Allain and seniors Mark Arcobello, Tom Dignard and Ryan Donald from Yale certainly came close today, but that's for another thread.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

How the heck can you be divided? GO MIAMI!
                This is the only correct response.
                Slaw. Counter-Slaw.

Comment

How the heck can you be divided? GO MIAMI!
                  I've always been a Boston sports fan. Anything that can make the city of Boston that much better is fine by me and the chance of having the national championship be from the same city for 3 years would be awesome. If this was not the case I would be all for Miami. And in some part I am. That team is due to win it all and they deserve to. Either way it should be a great game.

Yankeefan, in my opinion, holding college rivalries past college is a bit ridiculous. I'll rib on BC now and again but more in jest than actual disdain. If BC does well, good for them. Hating them was for college time. College time is over for me. I'm here to root for BU when they are playing and just enjoy the rest of the college hockey world. Your insult was uncalled for.

Comment

Of course I have. Why else would I bring it up?

And your analogy is poor. Mets fans have hated Yankee fans for decades. Phillies are a very recent rival. Most guys my age and older actually hate several teams ahead of the Phillies including the Cubs (80s rivalry) Dodgers (1988) and Braves (1990s) and the Yankees we've hated just as long.

Stop, please stop. The analogy doesn't work here because BU has no reason to hate Miami. We have plenty of reasons to hate BC.

And FL, while York might be the classiest coach, this team like all BC teams has their Greg Louganises. I'm not rooting for them, even though their style is exciting hockey.

Comment

Yankeefan, in my opinion, holding college rivalries past college is a bit ridiculous. I'll rib on BC now and again but more in jest than actual disdain. If BC does well, good for them. Hating them was for college time. College time is over for me. I'm here to root for BU when they are playing and just enjoy the rest of the college hockey world. Your insult was uncalled for.
                      Why is it ridiculous?

Comment

Why is it ridiculous?
                        Because as an alumnus myself, being insulted by another alumnus about how I support sports teams I like seems a bit ridiculous. Getting into a back and forth about how a fan should act is for the fun and care free times of college.

Comment

Sorry, I disagree. Because we play BC, I do know a lot more about their players than I do any other team other than BU, but I still am looking at this tournament with the thought "who left is going to beat BC?" I'll still applaud a good game even if BC is the victor, because I am a fan of hockey, but for them to win a national championship would still be painful.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            Sorry, I disagree. Because we play BC, I do know a lot more about their players than I do any other team other than BU, but I still am looking at this tournament with the thought "who left is going to beat BC?" I'll still applaud a good game even if BC is the victor, because I am a fan of hockey, but for them to win a national championship would still be painful.
                            That's a good question. I think Miami offers the best shot at beating BC. BC has shown that they can tough it out and win the games that count even if they are not playing well. (The alaska game, I don't know how well they played in the Yale game) But you can't always just tough it out, especially against the good teams, any lapse in good play can be costly and you can not always hope for BU like burst of awesomeness in the final minute of play to get you out of a hole. Additionally, BC ended Miami's run at the title a couple years ago. I'm sure they have not forgotten that.

After Miami, I think RIT would offer up a good challenge to BC. If they do not get too tired out by Wisconsin.

Comment

WI is a very good team.

I just don't want to see a 2006 rematch. Come on RIT-Miami final!

Comment

Because as an alumnus myself, being insulted by another alumnus about how I support sports teams I like seems a bit ridiculous. Getting into a back and forth about how a fan should act is for the fun and care free times of college.
                                Yankeefan, in my opinion, holding college rivalries past college is a bit ridiculous.
                                Hmmmm.

We're all different types of fans. It'd be boring if we weren't, I mean really, who would want a fanbase full of people just like me. (this isn't a disagreement with just you, I'm just not going to quote everyone)

Comment

Working...
                                X