Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

It looks like the banquet is going to be slim pickings with regards to players.

And trophy free.

7>0

BU Hockey: Missing Worcester
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Gryba has received an offer from Ottawa that includes an ATO to play in Binghamton the rest of the season.
      http://www.pressconnects.com/article...und+for+B-Sens
      I don't see him leaving before graduation unless he can finish his degree before going to Binghamton. His parents are very serious about him getting his diploma. FWIW, I saw him on campus this morning, so he's still here.
      April 11th 2009
      October 27th 2004
      October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
        I don't see him leaving before graduation unless he can finish his degree before going to Binghamton. His parents are very serious about him getting his diploma. FWIW, I saw him on campus this morning, so he's still here.
        I've always been under the impression that the players leaving in the spring for ATOs come back when that team's season is done and wrap up their degrees in the rest of the spring/summer. Half of those teams aren't playing past Mid April anyway.
        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          I really thought I'd find out this season being as close to the team as I was. Nope.

3hock: The Deep Throat of BU Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            3hock: The Deep Throat of BU Hockey.

I'm not complaining. It's nice that whoever he/she is shares the info.

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
              mwade is correct. No one else can sign Gryba to a deal while Ottawa has his rights, an ATO allows them to evaluate him at the professional level. After the season ends, they'll likely give him a two or three year entry level contract if they like what they see. With Schneider, I think they knew what they had so they signed him immediately, but only for the next season and on. An ATO allowed him to play the remainder of that season, too.
              Interesting that Gryba gets a deal like this and Bonino gets a deal that basically says make the NHL team and get $800,000 or take a $750,000 pay cut. Unless Anaheim thinks Bonino is the difference between making and not making the playoffs, they have no incentive to do anything with him other than let him practice with the team.

Comment

I wonder with DU on the brink if this will hurt UVM in the PWR?

"We beat Denver, we beat Denver." Blah, blah, bah.

NCAA Hockey: Parity is here.
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Interesting that Gryba gets a deal like this and Bonino gets a deal that basically says make the NHL team and get $800,000 or take a $750,000 pay cut. Unless Anaheim thinks Bonino is the difference between making and not making the playoffs, they have no incentive to do anything with him other than let him practice with the team.
                  The Ducks did not have a designated AHL affiliate this season and have been lending players to other teams' affiliates. They probably wanted to keep Bonino under their watch. They recently signed a deal with the Syracuse Crunch for them to become their AHL affiliate starting next season.
                  It's BU's Beanpot

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBUsBeanpot View Post
                    The Ducks did not have a designated AHL affiliate this season and have been lending players to other teams' affiliates. They probably wanted to keep Bonino under their watch. They recently signed a deal with the Syracuse Crunch for them to become their AHL affiliate starting next season.
                    That's what I mean - they have no incentive to do anything with him. Don't want to put him on the ice for the Ducks, and they probably don't want to send him to the AHL. So he's just going to be practicing with them for the rest of the season. I guess it's a low pressure situation for Bonino, but you can't replicate game experience.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say it, watching these tournament games, BU didn't belong there this year. The play I'm seeing tonight is on a completely different level than most of the play I saw at BU games.

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        Nick didn't have to leave... Eric is gone.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Fed League, when will JP conduct the exit interviews with the returning players and hold the post-season meeting(s) with the team? Or have they already been held?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                            As much as it pains me to say it, watching these tournament games, BU didn't belong there this year. The play I'm seeing tonight is on a completely different level than most of the play I saw at BU games.
                            Meh, it's all opinion but I disagree, especially after watching the #2 team in the country lay an egg.

Start of the new year the team goes 9-3 and sweeps Maine to make them 5-1 in their last 6.

5 weeks later the team is without their first line center and has reshuffled all the forward lines, also due to injuries the team plays just 4 D in the 2nd two periods, and 2 of those 4 missed half that week's practices with their own injuries. Few teams in the tourney would have beaten a team as hot as Maine under those circumstances.

I'm not making excuses for the team, as they flat out didn't show up for 2 periods and didn't deserve to win, but the team was beaten with the lucky stick a dozen times in 08-09 and a little of that luck went the other way this year, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              Fed League, when will JP conduct the exit interviews with the returning players and hold the post-season meeting(s) with the team? Or have they already been held?
                              I'm not sure. Parker wasn't around this week.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Bonino playing tonight

Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X