Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bizarro driving world tonight. had to go to providence after work for a 630p dinner . left my desk at 459p, pulled out of the prudential garage at 503p. got off I95 at the federal hill exit at .....6:12p

THAT.NEVER.HAPPENS.ON.GAME.NIGHT.
    First trip down this season took us just over an hour. Second trip, nearly two and a half. Left at the same time both trips.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

bizarro driving world tonight. had to go to providence after work for a 630p dinner . left my desk at 459p, pulled out of the prudential garage at 503p. got off I95 at the federal hill exit at .....6:12p

That's because game nights are on Friday. It's Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        First trip down this season took us just over an hour. Second trip, nearly two and a half. Left at the same time both trips.
        Greater Boston to PC on a Friday night is the toughest commute in the league. It's a long way back to 2nd (UNH on a Friday night).

Toughest egress from the parking lot is UNH; nothing else compares.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Mediteranio (sp?) is a great place, but a hidden gem that is quick and inexpensive on game nights is Angelo's across the street. Great place. Love Rhode Island food.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Toughest egress from the parking lot is UNH; nothing else compares.
            my one time to the whit, i turned right before the arena driving west on that there road into a neighborhood thinking i would park on the street and walk.... i couldn't find anything and ended up turning into the rear parking lot right next to the bldg. a guard there hit me with the flashlight and as i rolled down the window i apologized and said i was looking for someplace close because i had two small kids. he looked in the back and saw them and told me to just park there

i luv uhn!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So are there any BU fans living in Colorado? I'm going to need some Avalanche tee shirts in the near future...

(I guess the same thing goes for Nashville and Anaheim. I already have a Gilroy shirt.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                So are there any BU fans living in Colorado? I'm going to need some Avalanche tee shirts in the near future...

(I guess the same thing goes for Nashville and Anaheim. I already have a Gilroy shirt.)
                innernet?!?!?!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  I really thought I'd find out this season being as close to the team as I was. Nope.[/SIZE]
                  Supporting my theory that he is a certain player from the class of '09.

Comment

innernet?!?!?!
                    The shirt selection online is always smaller than what they sell at the actual team shop, so the lesser-established players aren't likely to be sold online.

Comment

Gryba has received an offer from Ottawa that includes an ATO to play in Binghamton the rest of the season.
                      http://www.pressconnects.com/article...und+for+B-Sens
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post

My parents live there and I visit frequently. I go to at least one Avs game a year.
                        Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                        Boston University '06/'08
                        Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Gryba has received an offer from Ottawa that includes an ATO to play in Binghamton the rest of the season.
                          http://www.pressconnects.com/article...und+for+B-Sens
                          I'm not completely up to date on all the contract stuff for guys going pro, but I thought an ATO was for undrafted guys to play with a team for something like ten days and try to make a team? I also thought that, for most guys, if they play all four years in college, the pro team that drafted them loses their rights to the player?

Comment

If you play all 4 years, then after your senior year at some point in the offseason you become a UFA and can sign with anyone. I think the date is August 1st.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

The ATOs keep the clock on the contract w/ the NHL club from starting. Schroeder, for example, signed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks, but then a couple days later signed an ATO with the Manitoba Moose.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                I'm not completely up to date on all the contract stuff for guys going pro, but I thought an ATO was for undrafted guys to play with a team for something like ten days and try to make a team? I also thought that, for most guys, if they play all four years in college, the pro team that drafted them loses their rights to the player?
                                Originally posted by mwade View Post
                                The ATOs keep the clock on the contract w/ the NHL club from starting. Schroeder, for example, signed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks, but then a couple days later signed an ATO with the Manitoba Moose.
                                mwade is correct. No one else can sign Gryba to a deal while Ottawa has his rights, an ATO allows them to evaluate him at the professional level. After the season ends, they'll likely give him a two or three year entry level contract if they like what they see. With Schneider, I think they knew what they had so they signed him immediately, but only for the next season and on. An ATO allowed him to play the remainder of that season, too.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X