Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Nope. I don't think he played very much, if at all since he was a walk-on. He did tell me that he spoke with Coach Parker before the Vermont series.
    Was it John Cooke? Like Riley he was a classmate--and linemate--of Jack Parker ? I recall hearing he lives in Arizona.

I also recall hearing that Bill Riley, who later coached at UML, eventually got his Ph.D. (will have to confirm with CRAL). Riley was the nephew of longtime Army coach Jack Riley, who coached the "forgotten miracle" USA team to gold at Squaw Valley in 1960.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Riley was the nephew of longtime Army coach Jack Riley, who coached the "forgotten miracle" USA team to gold at Squaw Valley in 1960.
      Didn't know that. Not a bad hockey coaching tree, eh? Jack Riley's oldest son took over at Army when he retired, and then his youngest son took over after that.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Riley's son, Billy, Jr., is head coach at Groton, after having been Terry Meagher's assistant at Bowdoin for five years. The BU hockey family stays connected.

On a separate subject...what's up with uniform #59 for ex-Terriers? Yip wears it for the Avs and Zach now wears it for Lake Erie. Now if Bonino is assigned that # by the Ducks......

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Bomber's right that 3hock has never been wrong. However, I've been told that neither has made a decision yet, and that neither is expected to within the next week.
          Ugh. The Avs defense has been brutal for several weeks now. We could use Shatty back there.
          Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
          Boston University '06/'08
          Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
            Ugh. The Avs defense has been brutal for several weeks now. We could use Shatty back there.
            Really? You think after looking somewhat mediocre this year he could jump right to the NHL and actually make a defense corps look better? He's a good player but it's not like he's a world beater just yet.

Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Really? You think after looking somewhat mediocre this year he could jump right to the NHL and actually make a defense corps look better? He's a good player but it's not like he's a world beater just yet.

You don't understand how brutal the Avs defense is. Logging top minutes on our team: a 38-year old who can't handle the puck (Adam Foote), a 35-year old coming off back surgery and a bad torso injury and has played 7 games this season (Ruslan Salei), a 33-year old who skates in circles with the puck, turns it over and then gives the opposition an odd man rush (Brett Clark), and a 21-year old rookie who can't skate anywhere near a NHL level and thinks the puck is a time bomb (Ryan Wilson).

Shattenkirk would be better than any of those guys any night of the week. Two things that Shatty does much better than any of those guys: skate and handle the puck. That right there would help our breakout immensely. The Avs breakout right now is god awful because of our defense.
              Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
              Boston University '06/'08
              Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                On a separate subject...what's up with uniform #59 for ex-Terriers? Yip wears it for the Avs and Zach now wears it for Lake Erie. Now if Bonino is assigned that # by the Ducks......
                Close ... he'll wear #63.
                http://ducks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474009

Anaheim plays Vancouver tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                  Close ... he'll wear #63.
                  http://ducks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474009

Anaheim plays Vancouver tonight.
                  Someone in the Ducks stats department needs to do some updating.

Is Nick playing tonight?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

What the hey?!? BU Basketball season is still in swing and on my TV!

Something seriously wrong with this year....

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Is Nick playing tonight?
                      I couldn't pick him up in fantasy hockey so I'm not sure whether he's actually an active NHL player yet.
                      I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Is Nick playing tonight?
                        According to nhl.com Game Preview, NB is a scratch tonight.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Zach made his first pro start for Lake Erie. +1, 2 SOG.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            According to nhl.com Game Preview, NB is a scratch tonight.
                            Yep. Bonino was a healthy scratch tonight.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Yep. Bonino was a healthy scratch tonight.
                              Was last night as well.
                              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                                I did manage get my signed 8 x 10 prints of these four (1 2 3 4) photos framed and hung recently
                                That picture of Saponari is an amazing photo.

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post

*****http://i669.***********.com/albums/vv59/bostonewe/BUhockeyphoto016.jpg******
                                Hey 'Ewe: It's called a headboard! You ought to check one out!

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                What the hey?!? BU Basketball season is still in swing and on my TV!
                                Up 1 at the half, then smoked in the 2nd. Good year, tho'.
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X