Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Can somebody tell me how Alaska and Yale get at large bids while Maine who has winning records against VT and UNH and beats BU to get to the HE finals goes home? I looked at who Alaska and Yale play and don't see any tougher competition then Hockey East. They need to come up with a better way so teams like Alabama Hunstville and RIT get in while teams in power conferences like HE and WCHA have very good teams stay home because the beat the hell out of each other. VT is a perfect example of a team in 8th place in HE and gets in while the other 5 in between them and BC stay home.

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by sgesualdi View Post
      Can somebody tell me how Alaska and Yale get at large bids while Maine who has winning records against VT and UNH and beats BU to get to the HE finals goes home? I looked at who Alaska and Yale play and don't see any tougher competition then Hockey East. They need to come up with a better way so teams like Alabama Hunstville and RIT get in while teams in power conferences like HE and WCHA have very good teams stay home because the beat the hell out of each other. VT is a perfect example of a team in 8th place in HE and gets in while the other 5 in between them and BC stay home.
      Simple math.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/FAQs/?data=pwrexplanation

That should answer all your questions.

Comment

starting the season 1-5, getting swept by union and umass didn't help. they're like UML last year, got hot towards the end, but it was a couple of notches short.
          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Simple math.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Any info floating around as to non-conference games next year?
              Beanpot -2
              Harvard
              Msg-Cornell ?
              @ND?
              @Mich?
              U18(ex)?
              Canadian school(ex)?
              Just guessing here.
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                Beanpot -2
                Harvard
                Msg-Cornell ?
                @ND?
                @Mich?
                U18(ex)?
                Canadian school(ex)?
                Just guessing here.
                ice breaker to start the year in st louis
                chicago christmas tourney
                beanpot
                couple others.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                  Beanpot -2
                  Harvard
                  Msg-Cornell ?
                  @ND?
                  @Mich?
                  U18(ex)?
                  Canadian school(ex)?
                  Just guessing here.
                  MSG-Cornell won't happen next year.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

I haven't been able to confirm any of these, but I'd willing to put money on the following 8 games:

-Ice Breaker in St. Louis (2 games) w/ Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Holy Cross
                    -Shillelagh Tournament (2 games) in Hoffman Estates, Ill. w/ Notre Dame and 2 others
                    -Beanpot (2 games) -- BC in 1st round, NU/Harvard in 2nd
                    -vs. Harvard
                    -@ RPI

Since the Ice Breaker is exempt from the 34-game limit, that leaves one more game. I assume it'll be a home game, but I have no idea who against. I also assume BU will play Wisconsin and Holy Cross in the Ice Breaker since they'll probably play Notre Dame in the Shillelagh.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'm all for not playing any ECAC team besides Cornell ever ever again. I am sick of playing RPI and losing. Thank God for winning in Denver. SLU, RPI, screw it.

Lets play some good teams! Where's MN and Michigan and Miami?

Comment

I haven't been able to confirm any of these, but I'd willing to put money on the following 8 games:

-Shillelagh Tournament (2 games) in Hoffman Estates, Ill. w/ Notre Dame and 2 others
                        -vs. Harvard
                        -@ RPI

Since the Ice Breaker is exempt from the 34-game limit, that leaves one more game. I assume it'll be a home game, but I have no idea who against. I also assume BU will play Wisconsin and Holy Cross in the Ice Breaker since they'll probably play Notre Dame in the Shillelagh.
                        In the IceBreaker we are set to play Bucky (anyone know who will be in net? ) and HC, not ND because we will be playing them in their tournament. And I don't believe BU has gotten approval for the IceBreaker games to be exempted yet (as they didn't wait the 4 years), and if that is the case the team would likely ditch the RPI game and the first 7 games you mentioned would be the entire OOC schedule.

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        Where's MN
                        In MN, they have essentially stopped offering return trips, you come to them and enjoy your stay, or don't play them at all. I'm fine only negotiating with teams that offer return trips, we are BU, not Niagara.
                        Last edited by Agganis; 03-22-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                          we are BU, not Niagara.
                          Someone should have told this to the hockey team this year.

Comment

-vs. Harvard
                            -@ RPI

thanks for the info..sounds like slim pickens for home games but after the last 2 years (ND,Mich, Mich St., No. Dak, etc) i guess we can't complain
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              ice breaker to start the year in st louis
                              chicago christmas tourney
                              beanpot
                              couple others.
                              I just looked, couldn't find dates for Chicago, but last year the tourney was Jan 2 & 3, so it's more like a New Year's tourney. Too bad the golf is a little chilly that time of year, mook. On the other hand, I hear they have decent steaks in those parts . . .
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Well screw that when it comes to MN, that's not cool. They opened Agganis for us, but I guess that was a special circumstance?

I'd like to play the top OOC opponents possible.

The worst thing is playing inferior OOC opponents and then it doesn't seem to help you if you win and destroys you if you lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X