Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    You're right, that 1991 National Title game was awesome, thanks for the reminder.
    I'm sticking to something more recent, like 2006. Thanks for playing.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

As much as I want to see Miami win it all because of last year and Brendan Burke and what not, I also think it would be pretty awesome to see Alabama-Huntsville stick it to the CCHA. I'm definitely rooting for all the HE teams, too -- BC included. My ideal FF would be Miami, UNH, UVM and BC.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I still can't get over that 'jersey' fetched 5 large.....
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          I didn't think BC had any shot of beating the Badgers in that building. They were also the youngest team in the nation that year. The one that sucked was 2007. I'm pretty sure BU was ranked higher than NMU heading into that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            As much as I want to see Miami win it all because of last year and Brendan Burke and what not, I also think it would be pretty awesome to see Alabama-Huntsville stick it to the CCHA. I'm definitely rooting for all the HE teams, too -- BC included. My ideal FF would be Miami, UNH, UVM and BC.
            i like it

Comment

or the cross bar in 2007 to go up 2-0

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                I would love to see the Redhawks win. I would also like to see BSU go far again this year. However, and I know it is blasphemy, I will still be hoping BC wins it. Not just for hockey east but to have the city of Boston take home the national championship three times in a row.
                As always my stance is I want as many HE teams as possible to make the Frozen Four, but none to win it. Keep the profile of the league up, but don't give their fans something to hold over us for 12 months. When 4 HE schools make 4 different regions it makes this philosophy a little more complicated.

For Brendan Burke's story, among other things, I will be pulling for Miami to win it all this year.

For those of you who haven't read it (shouldn't be many by now) here it is:
                Read me first then read me next.

Comment

I didn't think BC had any shot of beating the Badgers in that building. They were also the youngest team in the nation that year. The one that sucked was 2007. I'm pretty sure BU was ranked higher than NMU heading into that game.
                  NMU, MSU, all those Michigan schools are the same.

I can't believe all you Mary's are rooting for BC. Please. Go Nanooks!

I'm fine with UNH making a run (Miami redux?) And expect it, actually. I mean, like last year, they have ZERO pressure.

A Miami-UNH Final would be my ideal.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Were you there? In 2006? They definitely had a chance, even in that building.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      NMU, MSU, all those Michigan schools are the same.

I can't believe all you Mary's are rooting for BC. Please. Go Nanooks!

I'm fine with UNH making a run (Miami redux?) And expect it, actually. I mean, like last year, they have ZERO pressure.

A Miami-UNH Final would be my ideal.
                      I'd like to see UNH win as they are my second favorite HE team. If not them, SCSU.

Then third, Miami.

I'm not rooting for BC. The only team that can get me to root for BC is Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                        Yeah... blasphemy.
                        Eh, it'd be a good story if BC wins, then BU takes it next year, right?
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                          Eh, it'd be a good story if BU takes it next year, right?
                          FYP

Comment

But so much worse for us for the next year listening to the Superfans.
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

No. It would be a better story if you just take out the BC wins part.

Comment

Were you there? In 2006? They definitely had a chance, even in that building.
                                I was there. That game had a feeling of inevitabilty to it. It was like the USA-Canada Gold Medal game. I knew they'd play well, but thought they'd ultimate lose. They had a chance, but Elliott was too good that year. Fun game to watch, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X