Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

    Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    Well the BU women's team needed to win Hockey East to make the NCAA tournament... and they DID!

    Maybe the men will get the hint...
    Dude... you gotta put a spoiler alert on this. I was planning to watch it on tape delay on NESN. Managed to avoid any updates until this. Oh well. At least it's awesome news.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

      Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Dude... you gotta put a spoiler alert on this. I was planning to watch it on tape delay on NESN. Managed to avoid any updates until this. Oh well. At least it's awesome news.
      ditto...looked it up on the terriers website earlier and planned to watch it this evening after kids soccer tournament...I don't suppose anybody has the final score of the bball game going on right now?
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

        Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Dude... you gotta put a spoiler alert on this. I was planning to watch it on tape delay on NESN. Managed to avoid any updates until this. Oh well. At least it's awesome news.
        Oh man ... I didn't even know it was a tape delay at 6. Of course, everyone should be watching channel 18 from 5-7....

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

          Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Dude... you gotta put a spoiler alert on this. I was planning to watch it on tape delay on NESN. Managed to avoid any updates until this. Oh well. At least it's awesome news.
          I don't think most people knew this was on tape delay.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

            Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
            I don't think most people knew this was on tape delay.
            i didnt, saw the listing and thought it was live.

            anyone not watching, the BU bouncey ball team is leading the conference reg. season champ stony brook at halftime right now by a sizeable margin. Games on TV (I have channel 18 on RCN) worth watching. And it's live too :P
            Last edited by slurpees; 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM.
            time to write new history

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

              Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              anyone not watching, the BU bouncey ball team is leading the conference reg. season champ stony brook at halftime right now by a sizeable margin.
              C'mon, baby! Avenge 2004!
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                My apologies for the spoiler... saw somebody talking about the game and thought I'd report it here since it's at least close to the topic of the thread, and had no idea there was a tape delay.

                Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                i didnt, saw the listing and thought it was live.

                anyone not watching, the BU bouncey ball team is leading the conference reg. season champ stony brook at halftime right now by a sizeable margin. Games on TV (I have channel 18 on RCN) worth watching. And it's live too :P
                Game is also on ESPN360.com for anybody else trying to watch.
                Let's go Terriers!

                It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

                1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                  BU bball holds on for the W. interesting scenario, if UNH somehow upsets UVM, the AE championship game is playe at BU next saturday. of course BU and ESPN would want that game at agganis, but there's something else going on there that weekend...
                  time to write new history

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                    Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    BU bball holds on for the W. interesting scenario, if UNH somehow upsets UVM, the AE championship game is playe at BU next saturday. of course BU and ESPN would want that game at agganis, but there's something else going on there that weekend...
                    Time for my dream of seeing a Men's hockey game in Walter Brown

                    Also the championship game is at 12... not sure how quickly Agganis can make the switch but I've heard of ice/court changes being made in three hours.
                    Last edited by quiddlet; 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM.
                    Let's go Terriers!

                    It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

                    1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                      Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      i didnt, saw the listing and thought it was live.

                      anyone not watching, the BU bouncey ball team is leading the conference reg. season champ stony brook at halftime right now by a sizeable margin. Games on TV (I have channel 18 on RCN) worth watching. And it's live too :P
                      stupidest broad i ever worked with went to stony brook... they can pave over that place for all i care.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                        Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        BU bball holds on for the W. interesting scenario, if UNH somehow upsets UVM, the AE championship game is playe at BU next saturday. of course BU and ESPN would want that game at agganis, but there's something else going on there that weekend...
                        Not a question of wanting it at Agganis - it has to be at Agganis. AE conference rules say the championship game has to be held in an arena holding at least 3,000 people. Of course if we can't do it, UNH would get to host.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                          Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          Not a question of wanting it at Agganis - it has to be at Agganis. AE conference rules say the championship game has to be held in an arena holding at least 3,000 people. Of course if we can't do it, UNH would get to host.
                          wba holds 3k. heck, you could get 3k in case.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                            Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            wba holds 3k. heck, you could get 3k in case.
                            does wba have a basketball court at all? Edit: Per BU website they've hosted bball in there before... really though, I know we don't like our basketball team as much as our hockey team, but putting them in a makeshift place where they haven't played all season for their conference CHAMPIONSHIP... I don't know about that.

                            Case is listed as 1800, could you really get 1200 extra?
                            Last edited by quiddlet; 03-07-2010, 06:30 PM.
                            Let's go Terriers!

                            It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

                            1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                              Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                              Time for my dream of seeing a Men's hockey game in Walter Brown

                              Also the championship game is at 12... not sure how quickly Agganis can make the switch but I've heard of ice/court changes being made in three hours.
                              Maybe ice to court but court to ice would probably result in pretty crappy ice.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

                                I'm just lurking but I'm actually pretty enthralled by this conversation. Interesting stuff.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14


                                Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X