Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU Hammer
    replied
    Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Speaking of Coyle...

http://rise.espn.go.com/all-sports/a...kout-Plan.aspx

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

NHL.com has posted a set of mock drafts for the forthcoming draft.

In one of the drafts, Charlie Coyle is tabbed for Vancoo as the 26th pick. The accompanying comment is "Offers a nice blend of grittiness and instinctive puck distribution". A second draft pegs him to Phoenix with the comment "Coyotes learned the hard way about patience with prospects, so Coyle's four years at BU the perfect fit."

Leave a comment:

• Stories
    replied

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
    BU Hockey: Part of a line with 601 combined goals!
    I'll be watching the Avalanche and Ducks play tomorrow night, so I'll come back with a report of how Bonino looks in the NHL.

Leave a comment:

• candycanes99
    replied

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    If he skips the remainder of the semester he wouldn't be able to get that in 2010.
    He could do it like Carter Hutton, who dressed for the Flyers on Sunday and is playing for the AHL Phantoms on the weekends but is still taking classes during the week.

Leave a comment:

• Terrier520
    replied

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
    Nothing like having Teemu Selanne hand you the puck after your first NHL goal.

BU Hockey: Bonino 1, Selanne 600.
    BU Hockey: Part of a line with 601 combined goals!

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Why wouldn't they send him to Cleveland for playoff action with his buddy Quinnie?
    *******http://www.contented.com/contented/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/diploma.jpg********

If he skips the remainder of the semester he wouldn't be able to get that in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• 3hock
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Why wouldn't they send him to Cleveland for playoff action with his buddy Quinnie?
    That would make sense, but it may not happen.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Nick's Time

“What you have to understand is we think we got one of the top young prospects in hockey in Nick Bonino,” said [Ducks GM Bob] Murray on the day of the trade last season. “There is no way I’m dealing with (Sharks GM) Doug Wilson unless I get this guy. I can’t emphasize enough how good we think this player is.”

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
    #3 will sign very soon, will most likely stay in school since they more than likely cannot give him nhl games

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
    Hmm, anyone else think he may snag a different number than 63 by the start of next year if he keeps it up?

Between him and Yip, I feel like those AHL call-up style numbers aren't long for this world.
    Well, he had one very good game and got some PP time. I'm not sure if we can say just yet that he's going to stick.

Leave a comment:

• 25 N Countin'
    replied

Hmm, anyone else think he may snag a different number than 63 by the start of next year if he keeps it up?

Between him and Yip, I feel like those AHL call-up style numbers aren't long for this world.

Leave a comment:

• 3hock
    replied

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Even if they sign, they can complete their classes. Haven't heard much yet. Surprised that the Avs if interested haven't signed both already.

I heard that Bonino is coming back in the summer to take classes and work with Boyle.
    #3 will sign very soon, will most likely stay in school since they more than likely cannot give him nhl games

Leave a comment:

• ItsBUsBeanpot
    replied

Evaluating Bonino's Performance with Anaheim so far

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    Any word on Cohen and Shattenkirk? Staying? Going? Talking? Also, if they sign now, can they still take classes? Is Bonino finishing his classes?
    Dude, read before you post, please (see the post right before yours).

As for the others, there was a post awhile ago talking about Cohen not happy about what the Avs are offering and...I'm blanking on what he/she said about Shatty (probably going/in talks?).

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Podcast interview with Bonino following his first pro game. He'll be back at BU for summer semester and to workouts at Chez Boyle.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    Any word on Cohen and Shattenkirk? Staying? Going? Talking? Also, if they sign now, can they still take classes? Is Bonino finishing his classes?
    Even if they sign, they can complete their classes. Haven't heard much yet. Surprised that the Avs if interested haven't signed both already.

I heard that Bonino is coming back in the summer to take classes and work with Boyle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X