Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    It is tough to get excited about a tournament for teams that weren't good enough for the NIT. And isn't that the case with BU hoops in general? How can you ever get excited about the America East Conference ["We beat UMBC! Can you believe it?!"] I know Wolff tried to get them into the A-10. I hope they keep trying.
    In D1 hoops today any conference can compete to some extent with big conference teams on any given day. AE isnt that **** but Maine beat BC this year, BU beat Indiana (granted off year), BU beat NU which won in a good southern based conf and many more good wins for the conf as well. Look what Murray St and Robt Morris did this year in NCAA's against top name schools. Dont get hung up on the "names" of the teams in AE. BU going out and destroying OSU who had a full house and had only lost to Washington by 6 pts in the PAC 10 tournament and Wash is in Sweet 16 now. Morehead St finished 2nd in a decent Ohio Valley Conf. and was 24-10. Point being that any exposure this time of the year cant hurt and playing at Va. Commonwealth tomorrow is a nice program to play this time of year. Its progress if nothing else, ending the year on a good note and creating some excitement from the players (except Lowe of course).

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Yep...

I suppose, maybe, but to me this tourney is a major "off the radar screen / who cares" type of thing. In truth I had never even heard of it before this year.
      Prior 2 years won by Xavier and Oregon St 2 pretty giood basketball schools.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
        I got Mine back from the framer in November and still haven't hung it.
        I LOOOVE the picture in the center. No chance you also took one with the players facing the opposite direction during the stick salute?

*****http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5489/tixpic.jpg******

Sorry about the glare, stupid cell phone pics. First 40 games attended in the top box. Picture a random kid took of me a split second after the final goal went in the lower left box, then the FF tickets, a picture of me holding the trophy at the Friends banquet on the right, and the Hobey ticket tucked into bottom left of the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          I LOOOVE the picture in the center. No chance you also took one with the players facing the opposite direction during the stick salute?

Sorry about the glare, stupid cell phone pics. First 40 games attended in the top box. Picture a random kid took of me a split second after the final goal went in the lower left box, then the FF tickets, a picture of me holding the trophy at the Friends banquet on the right, and the Hobey ticket tucked into bottom left of the frame.
          That's pretty awesome!

Comment

Met a former BU player on the plane to Phoenix today. Man played with Jack Parker.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              Nope, unfortunately not. I didn't think about it. Wish I had, that would have been a cool one!

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              Met a former BU player on the plane to Phoenix today. Man played with Jack Parker.
              Wow.
              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                is that really what Rhett looked like in 1995? hilarious!
                Yup.

That's the old school Rhett. Look at his "hypno" eyes.

I was also at that game.

You're an fan for life of course...
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

all of these ticket/photo frames put mine to shame, but since we're sharing...

*****http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1681/86726147.png******
                  Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                  when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                  "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

For those of you who are saying that Colby Cohen and Kevin Shattenkirk are staying at BU, do you have any inside info? Same for those of you who think they are leaving-- do you have any sources? i.e. you are friends of theirs; you go to BU; you work in the athletic department, etc? Just curious if you know someone, or is it just a gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      For those of you who are saying that Colby Cohen and Kevin Shattenkirk are staying at BU, do you have any inside info? Same for those of you who think they are leaving-- do you have any sources? i.e. you are friends of theirs; you go to BU; you work in the athletic department, etc? Just curious if you know someone, or is it just a gut feeling.
                      3hock says both are gone. His record is unblemished to this point.

BU Hockey: Avs Farm System
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                        Nope, unfortunately not. I didn't think about it. Wish I had, that would have been a cool one!

Wow.
                        They were linemates! He was hilarious, he walked on and was pre-med and Coach Kelly was baffled he had to miss class for chem lab. MY PLAYERS DON'T HAVE CHEM LAB!

"Coach I walked on."

"Oh."

The other funny thing is he played hs hockey in NJ with Gene Kinasewich, one of Harvard's better players in the 1960s. 171 points in 75 games. Wow.
                        Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

They were linemates! He was hilarious, he walked on and was pre-med and Coach Kelly was baffled he had to miss class for chem lab. MY PLAYERS DON'T HAVE CHEM LAB!

"Coach I walked on."

"Oh."

The other funny thing is he played hs hockey in NJ with Gene Kinasewich, one of Harvard's better players in the 1960s. 171 points in 75 games. Wow.
                          This wasn't Bill Riley was it? He played on a line with Parker. I'd love to meet that guy.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                            Bomber's right that 3hock has never been wrong. However, I've been told that neither has made a decision yet, and that neither is expected to within the next week.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              This wasn't Bill Riley was it? He played on a line with Parker. I'd love to meet that guy.
                              Nope. I don't think he played very much, if at all since he was a walk-on. He did tell me that he spoke with Coach Parker before the Vermont series.

Comment

Nope. I don't think he played very much, if at all since he was a walk-on. He did tell me that he spoke with Coach Parker before the Vermont series.
                                I think the player to whom you're referring may be John Cooke. Parker, Riley and Cooke played as a line throughout their careers at BU, pretty much.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X