Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Also, Friday's BU-Merrimack game has been picked up by NESN. Start time 7:30.
    A little late on this (one weekend without a computer and this thread has SIX new pages?! ), but this makes me SO HAPPY!
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

• Re: B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      I looked it up. Then I FYP. And then I double-posted.

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
      A little late on this (one weekend without a computer and this thread has SIX new pages?! )
      A couple of us had a little revisiting of our youths. But we're back on track now.

(Although it is fun to learn defkit and I were at the same basketball game in Chapel Hill in 1988. )
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

There is absolutely nothing pretty about Christian Laettner.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3rg...eature=related 2:18. He would likely get mugged and severely beaten if he set foot in Storrs, CT.
        Says you. I worked the BU-Duke game that was at WBA at the scorer's table and got to see those piercing blue eyes up close.

Comment

So how 'bouts an eight game win streak...
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
            So how 'bouts an eight game win streak...
            Anything is possible. It's a clean slate now.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post

A couple of us had a little revisiting of our youths. But we're back on track now.

(Although it is fun to learn defkit and I were at the same basketball game in Chapel Hill in 1988. )
              I'm going back "off-track."

My wife was at that game as well. (In the band) Me? Nope. (Reason too geekie to post.)

The Karl Fogel-Mike Jarvis "tilt" was awesome. I had a great view of it right on the ice behind the basket. Anyone else remember Peter Gabriel? No, not the singer. The big-white-stiff forward. I believe he started the fight with a vicious right hook to an NU player. Great fun.

And for my final trip down BU basketball memory lane. Their trip to play PC in the NIT in Providence. The Providence fans redefined low-class thuggery. The amount of foreign objects and nasty language lobbed our way was off the charts.

BU Hockey: BU Basketball in the 80's for $500 Alex

PS: From out of the playoffs to 3rd. What a crazy year in HE. The Mack scares me. Especially if #31 doesn't get his **** together.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

UNH is now entering the discussion for fewest points scored in an AE tournament game... they have 33 and the record is 37, haha.

Quarterfinals at Walter Brown.... Maybe next year :/
                Earlier this year, UNH and Pitt played the lowest scoring half in NCAA history... so an America East record probably wasn't on their radar. Even still, it's stunning Herrion didn't tell them to go for it. It's really a shame to fall only a couple bricks short of history.
                BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Time for my dream of seeing a Men's hockey game in Walter Brown

Also the championship game is at 12... not sure how quickly Agganis can make the switch but I've heard of ice/court changes being made in three hours.
                  I asked the BU AD about this a year ago, if we could even have an exhibition there or something. He said no dice.

I don't think hockey is in any danger of moving to WBA, even though some of us would love to see a men's game there that never have before.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                    I asked the BU AD about this a year ago, if we could even have an exhibition there or something. He said no dice.

I don't think hockey is in any danger of moving to WBA, even though some of us would love to see a men's game there that never have before.
                    Yeah, if the bball game really had to be at Agganis, they'd just have to make the transition really quickly. Maybe delay the hockey game by an hour. Hockey East of course wouldn't like that, but rules is rules. Of course, none of this matters now.

Should be an interesting series. If they manage to get past the Mack I may be able to make it up to potential Garden games!
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Says you. I worked the BU-Duke game that was at WBA at the scorer's table and got to see those piercing blue eyes up close.
                      I wouldn't have minded if someone pierced his blue eyes with a needle. Preferably before he inbounded the ball against UConn in 1990. It's OK though, we got them back in '99 when Langdon traveled in the championship game.

Moving forward, is it all Cannata all the time this weekend? I know Brathwaite had been getting some minutes during the season, against us too.
                      time to write new history

Comment

I wouldn't have minded if someone pierced his blue eyes with a needle. Preferably before he inbounded the ball against UConn in 1990. It's OK though, we got them back in '99 when Langdon traveled in the championship game.

Moving forward, is it all Cannata all the time this weekend? I know Brathwaite had been getting some minutes during the season, against us too.
                        Ask hokydad, I'm sure he'll tell you that Cannata has been the best player in Hockey East history as of late and that Dennehy would have to be brainless to start Braithwaite or something.
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

A quick retrospective on the regular season...I went back to this season's media guide and found the following comments from Jack regarding his outlook on this year's team:

page 22:
                          “I like our blue line corps, I like our goaltending situation and those are the things that, for the most part, win hockey games."
                          After 34 games last season, BU only allowed 67 goals for a stout 1.97 goals-against. After 34 games this season, BU has allowed 114 goals in 34 games for a 3.35 goals-against

This year's team has allowed 2 of fewer goals/game in only 8 games, with zero shutouts. Even the much-maligned 2007-08 team allowed 2 or fewer goals in 16 regular season games, with 4 shutouts.

Frankly I did not expect the defense and goaltending to be this suspect, and despite sweeping NU and the last 3 wins all by 1 goal, I feel this BU team needs to score at least 4 goals/game to give themselves a chance to win in the postseason.

page 23:
                          “We scored four goals a game last year, and while that will be tough to match, we’ll hold our own up front,”
                          After 34 games last season, BU scored 132 goals for a 3.88 goals/game average. After 34 games this season, BU has scored 113 goals for a 3.32 goals/game average.

While this drop-off was not unexpected, it's worth noting that in the 2nd half of this season, BU has scored 69 goals in 18 games for 3.83 goals/game - very comparable compared to last year's team that was widely considered to be an offensive juggernaut.

Take away the inconsistent offensive production from the first half and I think the team's offensive has been a pleasant surprise. They've gotten a helluva lot more goals from Gaudet, C. Cohen and Warsofsky than expected, but its offset by: 1) Neither Connolly nor Saponari have increased their goal scoring from a year ago; 2) Trivino only had 4 goals when he went down for the year; 3) Bonino only has 10 goals; and 4) Chiasson only has 3 goals since the first month of the season.
                          Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 03-10-2010, 09:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It's getting kind of late for this but I don't remember seeing it, did the team ever get to return to D.C. for presidential recognition after all?
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                              It's getting kind of late for this but I don't remember seeing it, did the team ever get to return to D.C. for presidential recognition after all?
                              Just as in the movie "Miracle" when Craig Patrick mentions the Coneheads to Herb Brooks and Brooks responds with an empty stare. Patrick's resopnse is, "I guess they're not on your radar." Let's put it this way...they don't play hockey in Indonesia...don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                Nope.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X