X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Not me. I know that if Shawn and Grant were still coaching they would've snagged him - just like they always got every Maine kid before.
    They didn't always get every Maine kid .
    without doing any research i can think of two Maine kids who went to BU over Maine while Grant was Maine's recruiter. Travis Roy and Doug Freeman.

Comment

He knows that. He was just being the usual snarky Priceless.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hi Maine fans. I don't like you, and you don't like me (ok, not really), I know it's early, and the day after the F4, but I come requesting help.

This afternoon, I will be participating in The 24 Bowl to benefit the Travis Roy Foundation, and I'm still not quite at my goal of $500. Any small amount will help, so, if you see this message this morning, and you would like to chip in a few dollars, it would be greatly appreciated.

Donations should be in by 1:00 pm (event starts at 2:00). Thanks!

Click here to donate

And yes, I will be bowling on a team named UNH. So, you have a chance to help UNH do something great in April, and you can feel good about it!

(For those who don't know, Travis Roy played for BU in 1995. He went into the boards awkwardly in his first shift, suffering a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down. His foundation raises money and awareness for research and treatments for others who have suffered similar injuries. The 24 Bowl is a charity bowl-a-thon (he was #24).)
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          Hi Maine fans. I don't like you, and you don't like me (ok, not really), I know it's early, and the day after the F4, but I come requesting help.

This afternoon, I will be participating in The 24 Bowl to benefit the Travis Roy Foundation, and I'm still not quite at my goal of $500. Any small amount will help, so, if you see this message this morning, and you would like to chip in a few dollars, it would be greatly appreciated.

Donations should be in by 1:00 pm (event starts at 2:00). Thanks!

Click here to donate

And yes, I will be bowling on a team named UNH. So, you have a chance to help UNH do something great in April, and you can feel good about it!

(For those who don't know, Travis Roy played for BU in 1995. He went into the boards awkwardly in his first shift, suffering a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down. His foundation raises money and awareness for research and treatments for others who have suffered similar injuries. The 24 Bowl is a charity bowl-a-thon (he was #24).)
          I just donated $24 to this very worthy event. I encourage all Maine Fans to at least match me. Thanks and thanks to comicbookguy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            can't believe BC is gonna win another national championship.

Gotta admit though, they've got a coach who knows how to have his team prepared for the big games.
            I may not like a darn thing about BC or York, but they get it done year in and year out, and I gotta admire it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              I think BC wins it all.

Sure looks like if Maine coulda beat Union.....or Merrimack......or UMass......and slipped into the tourney, they might have done some real damage and still been playing.
              On point.

Comment

Originally posted by ME FAN View Post
                I just donated $24 to this very worthy event. I encourage all Maine Fans to at least match me. Thanks and thanks to comicbookguy.
                Thank you!
                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                  I hate to tell you, but Biddeford is closer to Boston than to Orono by about an hour.
                  anything south of Auburn is Northern Mass now

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    He knows that. He was just being the usual snarky Priceless.
                    Me? Snarky? I would never!
                    *****http://www.iconator.com//ikons/122/ICONATOR_00e1628a59b1defee57ea9255d5dca99.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by lilscootch View Post
                      anything south of Auburn is Northern Mass now
                      Now?? Or are others just coming to that realization.

Comment

last post
                        It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                        But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X