This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Thanks to Gustav Nyquist for representing Hockey East with style and humor at the Hobey Baker Awards ceremony. Making it to the Hobey Hat Trick as a sophomore is an extremely impressive accomplishment. It will be fun to watch him play next year for Maine.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Not shocked Gus didn't win but its quite a honor just the same. Good stuff for Gus and for Maine hockey.

The only bad thing was seeing weasel boy out there, what a waste of Maine taxpayers(or Maine donors) money
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Geoffrion, a guy Wisconsin did not nominate for player of the year in the WCHA.
        Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
          Thanks to Gustav Nyquist for representing Hockey East with style and humor at the Hobey Baker Awards ceremony. Making it to the Hobey Hat Trick as a sophomore is an extremely impressive accomplishment. It will be fun to watch him play next year for Maine.
          All 3 great college players...all deserved the honor. Congrats to Blake and Wisconsin for its first Hobey....hard to believe a team with 6 NC's hadnt had a winner in all those years.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            All 3 great college players...all deserved the honor. Congrats to Blake and Wisconsin for its first Hobey....hard to believe a team with 6 NC's hadnt had a winner in all those years.
            same with Alabama football. first heisman winner this year and a nc followed. will it be the same for Wisco? would like to see hockey east keep the title, but the bears and eagles arent the friendliest of foes. thinkin a very entertaining game though, with wisco finding a way to win.
            Buzzy

Comment

very nice honor for gus. one would think this will be a great motivator for next year. seems to be a pretty focused kid, doing well on and off the ice. banking on a fun ride next season.
              Buzzy

Comment

Nyquist to return for junior season

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/140916.html
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                  Nyquist to return for junior season

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/140916.html
                  i was afraid of this the kid's a GREAT player, he had my vote.........if i had a vote

Comment

In some ways its probably good he didnt win the Hobey this season. Though he's a marked man already, if he had won the Hobey he might as well just stapled an H on his jersey .....can you imagine the attention that would draw? He will need to get quicker and stronger just to offset the added attention he will get from opponents next season.

He's just a great kid....represents UMaine with class.

Comment

Not to mention that if he had won the Hobey, it might have put his potential NHL earnings at their max - higher than they would have been after a junior year not winning the Hobey after winning it as a soph, that is.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        The only bad thing was seeing weasel boy out there, what a waste of Maine taxpayers(or Maine donors) money
                        Meanwhile Maine softball fans will have to wait around in the cold while he returns from Detroit in order for him to make a presentation before the game. Opening pitch moved back from noon to 1 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                          Meanwhile Maine softball fans will have to wait around in the cold while he returns from Detroit in order for him to make a presentation before the game. Opening pitch moved back from noon to 1 p.m.
                          Maine softball has fans?

Comment

Gary Thorne just said, how did Maine let Dumollin(sp?) get away
                            Most Maine fans have been wondering about that also
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The kid is an absolute monster....and only a freshman...geeesch

Comment

Not me. I know that if Shawn and Grant were still coaching they would've snagged him - just like they always got every Maine kid before.

Comment

Working...
                                X