X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    Is Maine recruiting another goalie for next season?
    I think they need 2....the way kids are decommitting you can never be sure until they hit campus and even then they might bail on the team down the stretch.

I hate to be too tough on the kid because we really don't know the true story but this has been a pattern his whole career here - I would ship his sorry butt down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Not sure they were but I'm sure they are now .
      Geezus, oh sweet geezus I hope they get a solid one. Pherchrissakes, all the other teams in HE seem to have solid netminders, why not us ?? Maybe this can be Corkums first recruit under his new admin.

If Maine tanks the QF's, which I now fully expect without a real goalie, what a total season meltdown that would be......grounds to replace Timmay in my book, especially after the last couple of seasons. I am sick and tired of watching Maine limp into the end of the season.
      Last edited by acs64; 03-07-2010, 07:07 AM.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        UNH would play MC in the semi's given this scenario. Lowell would play BC.
        Yeah, thats correct. Forgot MC would be the lowest seed going into the Garden. It would take a Herculean effort on MC's part to get by BU, but they did it before and they have the horses to do it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

If Maine tanks the QF's, which I now fully expect without a real goalie, what a total season meltdown that would be......grounds to replace Timmay in my book, especially after the last couple of seasons. I am sick and tired of watching Maine limp into the end of the season.
          He is still signed, never going to happen while he has a valid contract.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

He is still signed, never going to happen while he has a valid contract.
            Isnt his contract up at the end of this season?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Isnt his contract up at the end of this season?
              No, one more year AFAIK

Comment

I too thought Wilson played well. Can't lay this loss on his shoulders. In fact, I think on the whole, the team played a pretty good game. They hustled, they were aggressive, if they lost possession, they were all over Umass to try to get it back. Can't fault the effort they put in.

But a couple nitpicks, and the reason they ended up losing. Can't fault Sirman too much for the first goal, but he should have had the second. Then again, the only reason that guy even got to the net was poor defensive play by Van Dyk to let the guy just walk around him. And towards the end of the game, on the PP, they stopped moving the puck and just started teeing it up from the point, just like last season. Especially when they had the 5 on 3.

They're lucky Vermont came through, or the perfect storm that Priceless was so certain could never happen almost did. But they never should have been in that position in the first place, depending on someone else to help you out. That's what happens when you leave points on the table by not being prepared, not showing up for games, thinking victory will be a cakewalk. Hopefully this is one of those 'lessons' that teams of the past few seasons were constantly talking about, but never seemed to learn. Hopefully these guys will learn it.
                And hopefully TIMMAY can coach these guys to be ready and fired up to go, instead of so scared about the consequences of making mistakes, and what could happen if they do, that they're too paralyzed by caution and fear to actually go out and play. The "coaching staff" has to for once not be disappointed with the outcome of a game, but have them prepared and ready to play before the game. Just go out and play the game, let the chips fall where they may. Full out effort, every second. Don't worry about making mistakes, or taking penalties, those things are gonna happen. Just be aggressive, and take your game to the opponent, rather than sitting back and waiting for him to bring it to you. In short TIMMAY, coach 'em to try to win the game instead of not lose it.

Van Dyk was pretty rough the whole game, and seems to have been for much of the season. Which is a surprise, because he seemed to be one of the steadiest guys out there last season. Probably he should sit and let Hegarty have his spot for the playoffs.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

No, one more year AFAIK
                  Based on what has been said here and what I read in the paper last year (I think), he has 1 yr. left. However, a friend of mine at the game last night told me his contract had been extended a few weeks ago. Anyone else hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Anyone else hear this?
                    Yes
                    I've heard 3 years were added

Comment

Yes
                      Don't worry. The VIP will buy out his contract. Hopefully he'll also donate the money to run a search and pay the new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        thought this was funny
                        I had a few cocktails in me when i posted that. If you couldn't tell!!

Comment

Now that I'm in a more clear minded state.......I agree that they have to go with Wilson. But I don't think it matters with the way the D is playing. I agree the effort was alright last night, but getting swept at home against a team like that. No excuse. I've never watched at team that looked so good during the UHN series do such a 180. Gross. You can't lay it all on Timmay either. Darling basically abandoned the team by his ignorance. I agree with Wally that Nyquist is hurt which doesn't help. And collectivly the D is horrible. Get ready for another sweep next weekend. What a waste of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                            Now that I'm in a more clear minded state.......I agree that they have to go with Wilson. But I don't think it matters with the way the D is playing. I agree the effort was alright last night, but getting swept at home against a team like that. No excuse. I've never watched at team that looked so good during the UHN series do such a 180. Gross. You can't lay it all on Timmay either. Darling basically abandoned the team by his ignorance. I agree with Wally that Nyquist is hurt which doesn't help. And collectivly the D is horrible. Get ready for another sweep next weekend. What a waste of a season.
                            Judging by the interview last night, it sounds like Tim wanted to start Wilson but was talked out of it. How different might the game have gone if Wilson gets the nod instead of Sieveman...

Comment

Yes
                              So 4 more years of not making the NCCA tournament.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                ......... but getting swept at home against a team like that. No excuse. ......
                                UMass was #9 team in the country earlier this season. For whatever reason the team "tanked" and is now rebounding from the "free fall". They have very good goal tending and good team speed. Maine does not match up well against their quickness and speed even though Maine has improved in that department from a year ago. Umass is very good defensively and clogged up the net front on the 2 man advantages Maine had.

Comment

Working...
                                X