Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Can't you just lettuce talk about hockey? There's a lot at steak this weekend, yet you can continue to pepper this thread with baloney. When these teams meat on Friday, the loser will find itself in quite the pickle entering the last day of the season. BU is trying not to lay another egg, while NU is trying to salt its wounds. Either one can enter the playoffs on a roll by bacon up a sweep.
    Apologies, but I'm going to get saucy, and if it makes you steamed, I don't give a lick. I believe that you have a taste for good journalism, but I'm a bit bitter about your claim that "NU is salting its wounds." The phrase is "rub salt in the wound," and NU doesn't want to rub salt in its own wounds.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
      why does this say you have a four year program? obviously, these rankings can't be trusted.
      Must be the reason for our president's push for the 4 year option. Maybe then you can get away with calling it a 4-yr program because their is one.

I know i'm being greedy but I still want home ice. So... no split no split no split.

It's really incredible. We could all get home ice just as easily as 9th place.
      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
        It's really incredible. We could all get home ice just as easily as 9th place.
        Parity!

Or maybe we all just suck.
        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          Apologies, but I'm going to get saucy, and if it makes you steamed, I don't give a lick. I believe that you have a taste for good journalism, but I'm a bit bitter about your claim that "NU is salting its wounds." The phrase is "rub salt in the wound," and NU doesn't want to rub salt in its own wounds.
          Well done. I'm honestly not even sure why I used the phrase that way. I know exactly what it means. I'll blame it on lack of sleep and being at work worrying about my boss walking by while posting on a message board.

Maybe then you can get away with calling it a 4-yr program because their is one.
          You guys is so good at grammar!
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I know this is kind of a funny question but.....BU fans, does the bar that used to be T's Pub still have Keno? I thought someone told me that they got rid of it, I'd like to go somewhere before the game, have a couple beers and play keno if possible. If this place doesnt have it anymore, is there another place nearby that does? Thanks
            Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Well done. I'm honestly not even sure why I used the phrase that way. I know exactly what it means. I'll blame it on lack of sleep and being at work worrying about my boss walking by while posting on a message board.
              A bu graduate with a job that uses a computer? No way. Having worked for two different companies in Mass. since graduation I have yet to run into a bu graduate. I figured they all either went on to play professional hockey sans degree, or returned back to the Middle East.
              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Given BU's performance as of late, I might actually prefer the refund from the unused playoff tickets...
                "What about my asthma?"
                "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

I'm going to have to play the 'boss' card here as well. oops.

At around 2:00 at a Friday I'm lucky to be coherent, never mind grammatically sound.
                  Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

You guys is so good at grammar!
                    At around 2:00 at a Friday I'm lucky to be coherent, never mind grammatically sound.

http://motivationalpic.com/wp-conten...mmar_nazi2.jpg

..oh & when you're driving, the STOP sign is a period. Not a comma.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Can't you just lettuce talk about hockey? There's a lot at steak this weekend, yet you can continue to pepper this thread with baloney. When these teams meat on Friday, the loser will find itself in quite the pickle entering the last day of the season. BU is trying not to lay another egg, while NU is trying to salt its wounds. Either one can enter the playoffs on a roll by bacon up a sweep.
                      You must spread rep.........

Comment

If any BU people could let me know where a good place to get food and beer near agganis it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                          A bu graduate with a job that uses a computer? No way. Having worked for two different companies in Mass. since graduation I have yet to run into a bu graduate. I figured they all either went on to play professional hockey sans degree, or returned back to the Middle East.
                          I haven't even graduated yet! Imagine that. You probably haven't seen any BU grads because most of us have a phobia of deep fryers.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                            NU guys stay in Mass? How quaint! We can't find any of you guys in DC, so we gave your spot in the local softball Beanpot to Tufts. Congratulations on all of your success over the BU community in Brookline though!
                            BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                            CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                            2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                            2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

I haven't even graduated yet! Imagine that. You probably haven't seen any BU grads because most of us have a phobia of deep fryers.
                              Really? Have you seen the faces and stomach areas of the kids on Comm Ave? I find that hard to believe.
                              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                                If any BU people could let me know where a good place to get food and beer near agganis it would be greatly appreciated.
                                It depends which of the two you value more. For beer, Sunset Cantina directly across the street has a very good selection, but the food is primarily americanized tex-mex and I only find to be average. Food, again, depends what you want. T.Anthony's one block away from downtown is the pizza joint of the area, Cane's has good fried chicken, T's is the general bar/pub food kind of place. There's loads of food options within a 1-2 block radius of the arena.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X