Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitch up the sleds tDogs, its Iditarod time: tUMD v UAA

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Way to go Seawolves. Still don't know how that 3rd goal for UAA was waived off. I sit in the second row of the balcony, and everyone in our section (even a Minnesota fan) said it went in, hit the back of the net and came back out. I am recording the game now so I can watch it, as they didn't show the replay on the Sully Vision.
    On the webcast, they showed the replay twice in slow-mo from the overhead view. There was no doubt in my mind that the puck crossed the line by at least a couple inches, hit the inside of the goal and bounced out again. Why it was disallowed is beyond me.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
      On the webcast, they showed the replay twice in slow-mo from the overhead view. There was no doubt in my mind that the puck crossed the line by at least a couple inches, hit the inside of the goal and bounced out again. Why it was disallowed is beyond me.
      Way to go Seawolves. Still don't know how that 3rd goal for UAA was waived off. I sit in the second row of the balcony, and everyone in our section (even a Minnesota fan) said it went in, hit the back of the net and came back out. I am recording the game now so I can watch it, as they didn't show the replay on the Sully Vision.

It was quite humorous how two fans threw water bottles on the ice when the ref waived it off. However, that kind of stuff can result in a penalty against the home team, so I hope it doesn't happen again.
      When was this 3rd goal and why does it matter? You got your 3rd goal and won.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Take care of business tonight and send your seniors out with a bang, Seawolves.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          When was this 3rd goal and why does it matter? You got your 3rd goal and won.
          I said in the scores and updates thread that it didn't matter after UAA got the late third goal. It could have mattered a great deal if that hadn't happened. After seeing WCHA officials disallow two goals Friday night that should have counted, I'm once again left wondering about the state of officiating in the league.
          Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

I said in the scores and updates thread that it didn't matter after UAA got the late third goal. It could have mattered a great deal if that hadn't happened. After seeing WCHA officials disallow two goals Friday night that should have counted, I'm once again left wondering about the state of officiating in the league.
            You and a lot of other WCHA fans. Most of our refs are not up to WCHA standards.

Did you notice the ref wasn't even going to review it? UAA had to fight to get the second look and that was just a cursory look at best.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You and a lot of other WCHA fans. Most of our refs are not up to WCHA standards.

Did you notice the ref wasn't even going to review it? UAA had to fight to get the second look and that was just a cursory look at best.
              Yes, I was amazed that they spent very little time reviewing it.

Compare that to this, another goal that, fortunately, didn't make any difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r7R0hnQYoE

The puck was never frozen, which is why the ref in the best position to view the play never blew his whistle. He signaled a goal, then waived it off without reviewing the play. The official explanation was that the whistle had blown, even though nobody heard a whistle until after the puck was in the net.

At least the "I meant to blow my whistle" UND goal that was waived off against SCSU eariler this season made sense. The ref who failed to blow his whistle in that case immediately waived it off. But to watch the puck, not blow your whistle, signal a goal and then disallow it with no review by saying that you blew your whistle when you hadn't is total nonsense.

Comment

Just watched the replay in slow mo. I stopped our DVR when the puck was clearly several inches over the line. You can see white between the puck and the red line. No UAA player was near the blue ice.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just watched the replay in slow mo. I stopped our DVR when the puck was clearly several inches over the line. You can see white between the puck and the red line. No UAA player was near the blue ice.
                  That's what I saw. Unbelievable that it didn't count.

Comment

Very disappointing loss tonight. UAA was off kilter all night long, bad passes, no backchecking, poor goaltending, and the list goes on and on. Hopefully they can pull it together for the playoffs. Tonight they simply didn't look like they wanted it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                    X