replied
    Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

I'm glad that's cleared up

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
    Seeing your post made me look at the box score...Bobby Butler will have to be a serious contender for the Hobey....he is now getting assists while not even on the ice.

I thought only Darren Haydar could do that

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...m.htm#GAME.BOX
    He was on the ice, and did get a legit assist on that eng, btw

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

Seeing your post made me look at the box score...Bobby Butler will have to be a serious contender for the Hobey....he is now getting assists while not even on the ice.

I'd go look at the archive of the web video, but would only get motion sickness from that awfulness

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

well, i wasn't there so i don't know but they did credit him with an assist, strange

Leave a comment:

• SPCSMAN
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    looks like he had an assist on the empty net goal last night but he's been scoring consistently all year long, just a dry spell in october when the whole team started off slowly

Leave a comment:

• unh_hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    If BC were to make the Garden, their two wins in the QFs would be more than enough to secure an NCAA bid (even in a worst case scenario of getting swept by UNH and losing a semifinal). Historically BC has the most Lamoriello Trophies as well. So there really would be no pressure on them at all. Would there be pressure for the #1 seed in the league (assuming UNH gets it) to bring back some hardware that they rarely win? Probably. More than BC would be facing.
    The pressure is always on UNH to bring hardware home. The incoming recruits are just as aware of it as the fans; ask jerry pollastrone or james van riemsdyk, both of whom likely selected UNH in hopes of getting them their first title. The more time goes on though without taking hockey east or going deep into the tourny come april, the more I think 1999-2003 was "unusual".

I talked to a kid who played in tournaments with Colby Cohen of BU and asked him what the appeal of BU and BC were. What I was told was that those are the colleges you go to if you want to play in the NHL. UNH is widely respected in the hockey community, but is not generally accepted as an NHL route like the aforementioned schools are. C'est la vie.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

If BC were to make the Garden, their two wins in the QFs would be more than enough to secure an NCAA bid (even in a worst case scenario of getting swept by UNH and losing a semifinal). Historically BC has the most Lamoriello Trophies as well. So there really would be no pressure on them at all. Would there be pressure for the #1 seed in the league (assuming UNH gets it) to bring back some hardware that they rarely win? Probably. More than BC would be facing.

Leave a comment:

• Kenny
    replied

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

i would agree bc likely will make it to the garden. all the pressure would be on bc to win it all though.
    Seeing how they have handled pressure in the recent past, I hope you are right. Although, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. BC will have no added pressure than any other team playing at the Garden for the conference tournament title. That said, I do hope you are right, for both the conference title as well as the national title. Jerry's teams have historically responded very well to pressure.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

i would agree bc likely will make it to the garden. all the pressure would be on bc to win it all though.
    Not really. Both these teams are likely already in the NCAA tourney. If they were to meet at the Garden for a championship, there's no more pressure on BC than there is on UNH. If one team had to win to get in, that'd be different.

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
    What is the deal with BC this year? What are UNH's odds? Can the BC Defensive game shut UNH down if UNH falls behind? I have always loved how wide open these series are, but it seems UNH has been coming from behind a few too many times this year, and it might not work against the eagles this close to playoffs.
    Defense has been a pleasant surprise for BC this year considering they lost four guys from last year. They are 9th nationally and did a pretty good job against Maine (3rd nationally in offense) this year. Since a 5-4 loss to BU (not counting ENGs), BC's gone 11 games without giving up more than three goals in a game. Can they shutdown UNH? I don't know if that's the right term, but BC is playing pretty well in all areas right now.

The big question is who's the #1 goalie...

Leave a comment:

• unh_hockey
    replied

I really wish I was back up in Brighton center/durham this weekend. BC tickets are so much easier to get than UNH ones - they actually gave us all free tickets in 08 for the PC hockey east game. I guess that was a gimmie for the game that BC beat UNH in at the gahden!

What is the deal with BC this year? What are UNH's odds? Can the BC Defensive game shut UNH down if UNH falls behind? I have always loved how wide open these series are, but it seems UNH has been coming from behind a few too many times this year, and it might not work against the eagles this close to playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    You think the pressure would really be on BC if these teams met in the Garden? I think it would be the opposite. UNH has been on top of Hockey East all season long and I dont think theyve beaten BC in the postseason since 1997. I think the pressure would be on them. Besides, BC seems to thrive on pressure. UNH? Not sure.
    i do. you said it yourself that; "This could be another situation where UNH wins the regular season crown vs. BC and BC beats UNH to take the tournament crown." you've already got them at the garden, playing unh and winning and you're probably not alone in your thinking

Leave a comment:

• Onion Man
    replied

nobody knows re: the rs or the tournament crown....that's why they play the games.

these two games should be interesting.

the friday game is on nesn. wish it was the other way around
    You think the pressure would really be on BC if these teams met in the Garden? I think it would be the opposite. UNH has been on top of Hockey East all season long and I dont think theyve beaten BC in the postseason since 1997. I think the pressure would be on them. Besides, BC seems to thrive on pressure. UNH? Not sure.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    then get in your car and drive to The Heights!, tickets ARE available, unfortunately

i might. we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

nobody knows re: the rs or the tournament crown....that's why they play the games.

then get in your car and drive to The Heights!, tickets ARE available, unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    I would expect UNH to find at least one point next weekend. Boston College will not be the team anyone wants to see in a one game series at the Garden. This could be another situation where UNH wins the regular season crown vs. BC and BC beats UNH to take the tournament crown. I assume the Friday game is on NESN?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X