Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    OK, I confess, I found this thread while I was sitting in the lobby of the Whitt with my cowbell waiting for the doors to open so I could run down the GA section and get my front row seat!

I had a lot of time on my hands!!!
    Like it wasn't enough for BC to own UNH on the ice, BC fans have to continually own UNH fans on uscho? Tip of the cap, Nick.
    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
      I'm relatively new to college hockey, but I'm so glad that I found this thread, or else I wouldn't have known how important Regular Season Titles are.
      to the hillbillies the regular season is extremely important. they even try to convince us all that they are more important than the NCAA's.

the saddest part is, since your typical hillbilly struggles with both reading and counting, i dont think any of them have figured out that BC already has 10 compared to their 7.

of course, if you say any of this to them. they go into the fetal position and pull out the 'you are a loser for posting on a messageboard that i am also posting on' card. which is just equal parts sad and brilliant.
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
        Like it wasn't enough for BC to own UNH on the ice, BC fans have to continually own UNH fans on uscho? Tip of the cap, Nick.
        Those guys would sit in the stands before they'd ever lace em up and actually do anything on the ice. The only thing they own is the worlds largest circle jerk title.
        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Need a tissue champ?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I love this this thread. Pure entertainment.
            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Need a tissue champ?
              Hey man, unh_hockey has a point. If we assembled a team of BC USCHO posters, we would not beat UNH varsity men's hockey!!!!*

*Unless the game was played in March
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                Hey man, unh_hockey has a point. If we assembled a team of BC USCHO posters, we would not beat UNH varsity men's hockey!!!!*

*Unless the game was played in March
                LOL!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                  Those guys would sit in the stands before they'd ever lace em up and actually do anything on the ice. The only thing they own is the worlds largest circle jerk title.
                  Circle jerk? Says the fan of a school whose graduates sit in lobbies making signs and rush to beat students to the student section seating at the Whitt so the players can better hear their cowbells.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    Circle jerk? Says the fan of a school whose graduates sit in lobbies making signs and rush to beat students to the student section seating at the Whitt so the players can better hear their cowbells.
                    Actually, that last part's not true; because of where CbG stands, right against the glass, most of the sound from the cowbell is either absorbed, or reflected back into the student section. And since it's intended, not for the players to hear, but to lead the rest of the section in cheers, sort of works.

And technically, it's "General Admission" -- and unofficially the student section -- so if they chose to get there early, and sit in front, then good for them. I'm sure if a group of students were dedicated enough to get there early enough to be in front of them, they'd welcome the change, and the energy that new group would bring.

If you're going to berate him for something he does, at least know what you're talking about.
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                      Actually, that last part's not true...If you're going to berate him for something he does, at least know what you're talking about.
                      Boy, you told me. I feel owned.... (For the record, I am not making fun of CbG)

Comment

Boy, you told me. I feel owned.... (For the record, I am not making fun of CbG)
                        Getting to be the norm huh?
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Actually, that last part's not true;

And technically, it's "General Admission" -- and unofficially the student section --

If you're going to berate him for something he does, at least know what you're talking about.
                          You're very good at splitting hairs.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            Getting to be the norm huh?
                            Kind of like watching UVM crap their pants in the postseason.

Comment

Kind of like watching UVM crap their pants in the postseason.
                              Not true, ZOMG, what about YALE and AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm sure if a group of students were dedicated enough to get there early enough to be in front of them, they'd welcome the change, and the energy that new group would bring.
                                And I'm pretty sure they would just start showing up even earlier.
                                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X