• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
    It's perpetual groundhog day!
    Another country heard from.

It sure is perpetual groundhog day... at least until Umile leaves.

UNH... Strong regular season, choke in postseason... Strong regular season, choke in postseason... Strong regular season, choke in postseason.

Rinse. Repeat.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Another country heard from.

It sure is perpetual groundhog day... at least until Umile leaves.

UNH... Strong regular season, choke in postseason... Strong regular season, choke in postseason... Strong regular season, choke in postseason.

Rinse. Repeat.
      This isn't what I was referring to. It's the same old discussion, over and over again.

For instance, I have this short friend who's a BC alum/fan, who's also very long on words.

Same arguments being made today, as were made last year, and the year before, etc, etc. You'd think he'd get bored of it.
      AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Watching BC achieve in the postseason never gets old and here it seems like there is an endless stream of hillbillies that love to tout their RS achievements (it IS an accomplishment BUT...) right before the good old Mildcats go down like the Titanic and before BC starts adding to the trophy case.

I would like to see UNH win a title one of these days. I just hope you guys hire a good coach when Dick is done so I might see that in my lifetime.

In summation, I blame newbie hillbillies for this "circle of life" on the board as most of the folks around here have learned their lessons (except ecat).
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Circle of Life? lmao! Hacuna Matata.
          AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Watching BC achieve in the postseason never gets old
            Getting your rocks off to BC tourny victories is a sure sign you got jack and zhit going for you.

pathetic.
            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

I would like to see UNH win a title one of these days. I just hope you guys hire a good coach when Dick is done so I might see that in my lifetime.
              ~yawn~

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                Getting your rocks off to BC tourny victories is a sure sign you got jack and zhit going for you.

pathetic.
                Wow, someone get SPIN CONTROL in here.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post

pathetic.
                  Huh?

Are you honking on any CH fan for enjoying (enjoying = "getting your rocks off") watching their team win? That is worse than the "you're a loser because you post on this website... even though I am here right now posting on this website... but you're the loser not me!" argument.

Talk about a weird thing to quote and put up that response to. Does everyone here not have a team they follow and have an interest in the sport? I guess they have nothing going for them?

You sweet little hillbillies with your hillbilly logic make me laugh.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

As a BC fan who doesn't mind if UNH also does well, it would be great to see BOTH teams go deep into the NCAAs. You kind of expect this from BC, while we've come to close our eyes in a 'here-comes-a-car-crash' sort of way when UNH gets to the Regionals. It was a sad scene watching UNH lay an egg when the NE Regional was in Manchester.

So, with Hockey East being rather 'thin' this year, my hope is that both teams do really well.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                      As a BC fan who doesn't mind if UNH also does well, it would be great to see BOTH teams go deep into the NCAAs. You kind of expect this from BC, while we've come to close our eyes in a 'here-comes-a-car-crash' sort of way when UNH gets to the Regionals. It was a sad scene watching UNH lay an egg when the NE Regional was in Manchester.

So, with Hockey East being rather 'thin' this year, my hope is that both teams do really well.
                      I, surprisingly, agree.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post

a dramatic come from behind win against North Dakota and outplaying BU for the majority of the regional final isn't 'laying an egg'. i'm assuming you are talking about previous years though and i can't argue about that

Comment

Originally posted by UNHKazooMonkey View Post
                          a dramatic come from behind win against North Dakota and outplaying BU for the majority of the regional final isn't 'laying an egg'. i'm assuming you are talking about previous years though and i can't argue about that
                          yeah, i think he meant 2007............i'll never forget walking in there for the BC game and seeing all the totally blank stares of UNH fans leaving in disbelief..........but, yeah, i agree with the post a few back that i think it would be great to see UNH go deep and actually win it all though not at my alma mater's expense. Good , classy program and players IMO

Comment

Originally posted by UNHKazooMonkey View Post
                            guy threw a puck into his own net...
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                              guy threw a puck into his own net...
                              Pollastrone dove to block a centering pass that would have given a BU player (Wilson, I believe) a wide open net to shoot at, and deflected it the wrong way. It's not like he got the puck, and was trying to whip it around the net to attempt a clear, and put it in, or something like that.UNH has nothing to be ashamed for the way they played in the NCAAs last year.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                                Pollastrone dove to block a centering pass that would have given a BU player (Wilson, I believe) a wide open net to shoot at, and deflected it the wrong way. It's not like he got the puck, and was trying to whip it around the net to attempt a clear, and put it in, or something like that.UNH has nothing to be ashamed for the way they played in the NCAAs last year.
                                true.......they deserved a better fate

Comment

Working...
                                X