X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

[QUOTE=e.cat;4678288]
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post

i'm not interested in some diatribe about the failings of mankind and their institutions. where does it say in catholic teaching that you can't move a grave? cuz i wasn't taught that one. check this website. maybe you can find it there. http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/

i replied to your post and subsequently quoted you in another post word for word. so what? i already said you were catholic bashing.
    No you didn't. And you better define diatribe for me, because I don't think I engaged in one. I'm not Catholic, so if you tell me that moving a grave is okay, so be it, even if it is one containing a member of the College of Cardinals. I bet somewhere on catholic.org you'll find it's okay to "nurture" 10 year old boys as well. Better check with Cardinal Law before you answer. End of discussion.

On to hockey.
    Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 03-07-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I bet somewhere on catholic.org you'll find it's okay to "nurture" 10 year old boys as well. Better check with Cardinal Law before you answer. End of discussion.

On to hockey.
      Wow. Nice job.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        BTW, I love all of the "UNH didn't beat BC this year" talk. Who is it that always says that the Regular Season doesn't matter? Oh right, BC fans.
        UNH wins the regular season a lot but wins the HE tourney very seldom and doesn't play in Frozen Fours very much.

BC (although having the most RS titles) hasn't won many recently, but wins the HE tourney a lot and is in the Frozen Four very often.

BC has more Frozen Four appearances in the last ten years than Regular Season crowns.

Do the math and explain to me why BC fans should take the RS crown very seriously.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4678478]
          Originally posted by e.cat View Post

No you didn't. And you better define diatribe for me, because I don't think I engaged in one. I'm not Catholic, so if you tell me that moving a grave is okay, so be it, even if it is one containing a member of the College of Cardinals. I bet somewhere on catholic.org you'll find it's okay to "nurture" 10 year old boys as well. Better check with Cardinal Law before you answer. End of discussion.

On to hockey.
          Wow, I bet you think the Vatican is a concrete campus, too. Idiot.

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4678478]
            Originally posted by e.cat View Post

What a small minded, pathetic little man you are. I'm sure the rest of the UHN fan base is proud of you.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              UNH wins the regular season a lot but wins the HE tourney very seldom and doesn't play in Frozen Fours very much.

BC (although having the most RS titles) hasn't won many recently, but wins the HE tourney a lot and is in the Frozen Four very often.

BC has more Frozen Four appearances in the last ten years than Regular Season crowns.

Do the math and explain to me why BC fans should take the RS crown very seriously.
              No one said they should. But I bet if you asked the BC players after the game on Friday, they would rather have played for the win than go for a tie (old folks reference - anybody remember Ara Parseghian?). All we UNHers are taking solace in the fact that we were pre-season ranked at best fourth, took first place in mid-November and held on to it through the end of the season. Given where UNH started, their fans will take that as a real accomplishment. We have no illusions about our team, it is very flawed and could be bounced out this week or the next. The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

All we UNHers are taking solace in the fact that we were pre-season ranked at best fourth, took first place in mid-November and held on to it through the end of the season. Given where UNH started, their fans will take that as a real accomplishment.
                And BC was predicted to be SUPER AWESOME right?
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.
                I'm not even going to bother wrapping my head around this one.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.
                  BC tends to do ok in the NCAAs even when the league is mediocre. Take 2008 for example. It's nice to be a fan of a program that knows the big games are in March and April and not in October and November. You'll just have to take my word for it while you revel in your regular season title again.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    BC tends to do ok in the NCAAs even when the league is mediocre. Take 2008 for example. It's nice to be a fan of a program that knows the big games are in March and April and not in October and November. You'll just have to take my word for it while you revel in your regular season title again.
                    If there was a big game in October or November this year we weren't going to win. I can assure you of that.
                    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      BTW, I love all of the "UNH didn't beat BC this year" talk. Who is it that always says that the Regular Season doesn't matter? Oh right, BC fans.
                      The regular season does matter (obviously). My point was trying to find out why one particular guy would like UNH's chances against BC in another meeting when they led for a grand total of 45 seconds. Yes, BC blew two big leads, but they were both in Durham. BC thoroughly outplayed UNH on Saturday. UNH can beat BC, was just wondering why he's like their chances.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        The regular season does matter (obviously). My point was trying to find out why one particular guy would like UNH's chances against BC in another meeting when they led for a grand total of 45 seconds. Yes, BC blew two big leads, but they were both in Durham. BC thoroughly outplayed UNH on Saturday. UNH can beat BC, was just wondering why he's like their chances.
                        And you are the only BC fan using even the smallest modicum of reason in this discussion.

BC FANS, GET A CLUE; NOBODY FROM UNH IS REVELING IN HAVING WON THE REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP (well, maybe that one guy, but . . . )
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                          And you are the only BC fan using even the smallest modicum of reason in this discussion.

BC FANS, GET A CLUE; NOBODY FROM UNH IS REVELING IN HAVING WON THE REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP (well, maybe that one guy, but . . . )
                          You are correct, the regular season championship means very little. However, judging by the tone of this thread, we have several BC fans who are bitter that their team failed to take the championship from UNH when it was within their grasp. If I wasnt present at all 3 games, I wouldnt know that BC blew 2, 3 goal leads and squeaked out a 1 goal victory after reading their posts. BC choked bigtime.

I'll say it again, I like UNH's chances against BC at the Garden, if we can get past Vermont!

Comment

On to hockey.
                            lest there be any doubt greg ambrose's true bigotry shines through. nice job.
                            i think you better concentrate on your own shortcomings because it's apparent you've got enough to worry about there.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

No one said they should. But I bet if you asked the BC players after the game on Friday, they would rather have played for the win than go for a tie (old folks reference - anybody remember Ara Parseghian?). All we UNHers are taking solace in the fact that we were pre-season ranked at best fourth, took first place in mid-November and held on to it through the end of the season. Given where UNH started, their fans will take that as a real accomplishment. We have no illusions about our team, it is very flawed and could be bounced out this week or the next. The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.
                              Greg, York was asked directly why he didn't pull the goalie and his answer was pretty clear. He said he looked at the "paperwork" and for the national tournament a tie put them in a much better position than the risk of a loss.

I dont think any BC fans "expect" to win another NC, but for you, a UNH fan, to say someone else will be disappointed in the end is extremely ironic. BC is a very young team that has a shot to do some damage if not this year, then certainly next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post

I'll say it again, I like UNH's chances against BC at the Garden, if we can get past Vermont!
                                Haha, what is this based on? The only reason why BC didn't win 10-2 the other night at Conte on the smaller sheet was Foster. BC vs. UNH in the postseason. Have you NOT been paying attention to what happens in that scenario every year?

Comment

Working...
                                X