New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

BTW, I love all of the "UNH didn't beat BC this year" talk. Who is it that always says that the Regular Season doesn't matter? Oh right, BC fans.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

You BC guys should emulate your team's coaches a bit more....Kelley, Ceglarski, nor York would be saying the crap you guys are....any of you FANS remember the days when UNH always dominated BC...when Joe Mullen and Paul Skidmore were your Giontas......wasn't it Lombardi who told his player not to make a big deal of scoring a touchdown, "act like you've done this before"..
      humility must be a generational thing, I guess

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        ......wasn't it Lombardi who told his player not to make a big deal of scoring a touchdown, "act like you've done this before"..
        I just... I hate how much you make me want to defend BC fans because what you say doesn't make any sense. The point BC fans have been trying to make for this whole thread is that UNH is overreacting to winning a regular season championship (which I'm not sure is true). You're making their point for them.
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          I just... I hate how much you make me want to defend BC fans because what you say doesn't make any sense. The point BC fans have been trying to make for this whole thread is that UNH is overreacting to winning a regular season championship (which I'm not sure is true). You're making their point for them.
          I think the thing you, and many other posters are missing, is the fact that you will be hard pressed to find many UNH Posters who came on here and starting screaming about how we won the Regular Season Championship. Yes, we've stated it; it is a fact, and it is something to proud of. The reason this discussion continues on and on is because BC fans have said we're making too much of that, which simply isn't true.

Much of this discussion comes from BC fans making the same comments they do every year, about UNH's postseason troubles, BC's domination of UNH in postseason play, and not being classy about it, in any way. I for one, and I think I speak for many, am sick of it, but more importantly for this discussion it is completely irrelevant. Most of us aren't saying the two collapses against UNH mean the Wildcats will win if the two teams play each other (most of us don't expect UNH to make it that far) -- that is being inferred by BC fans who, for some reason, feel the need to keep dragging this out.

Bottom line for most UNH Posters: We are pleasantly surprised that UNH managed to win the Hockey East Regular Season Trophy, especially in a year that started so dismally. Regardless of what's said, I'm sure BC would have enjoyed sweeping us and doing the same (granted, BC's win would have been much less surprising). Stop putting words in our mouths, and the entire conversation can end . . .
          I haven't been on here in a year...
          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

[QUOTE=e.cat;4677433]
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post

i didn't twist your words. i called you out and quoted you word for word.
            You didn't quote me, you just replied to my post. If you think what I stated is case of anti-Catholic bias, go ahead and say so. Can we agree that no institution, religious or secular, adheres to their teachings all the time?

Comment

Enjoyed the weekend games and have to say that this BC group is actually a little bit ahead of where thought they would be at this part of the season. Safe to suggest that most thought this group would score a few more goals then last years bunch...but not this many!

Defense was clearly a concern from the beginning and I think the crew in general has exceeded expectations to this point. Staff has done a great job integrating new players and managing through several injuries on the defensive front...Cross (Knee) and Wey (Broken Wrist) still wearing a cast.

PK has been strong throughout but best key going forward is to stay out of the box!

PP has lost some power of late, but that may have something to do with how frequently they have had opportunities of late.

Goal tending has been strong and consistent.

Should be fun to watch going into next few phases. Hard to believe some predictors had them as low as number eight in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                I think the thing you, and many other posters are missing, is the fact that you will be hard pressed to find many UNH Posters who came on here and starting screaming about how we won the Regular Season Championship. Yes, we've stated it; it is a fact, and it is something to proud of. The reason this discussion continues on and on is because BC fans have said we're making too much of that, which simply isn't true.

Much of this discussion comes from BC fans making the same comments they do every year, about UNH's postseason troubles, BC's domination of UNH in postseason play, and not being classy about it, in any way. I for one, and I think I speak for many, am sick of it, but more importantly for this discussion it is completely irrelevant. Most of us aren't saying the two collapses against UNH mean the Wildcats will win if the two teams play each other (most of us don't expect UNH to make it that far) -- that is being inferred by BC fans who, for some reason, feel the need to keep dragging this out.

Bottom line for most UNH Posters: We are pleasantly surprised that UNH managed to win the Hockey East Regular Season Trophy, especially in a year that started so dismally. Regardless of what's said, I'm sure BC would have enjoyed sweeping us and doing the same (granted, BC's win would have been much less surprising). Stop putting words in our mouths, and the entire conversation can end . . .
                When we were out in Wisconsin in October getting completely outplayed in two games, the thought was that this might be the worst collection of forwards that Umile has ever had. Not only did we lose to the Badgers and Miami, but we got beat by RPI and were embarrassed at home on national TV by Cornell. UNH started badly and in mid-November the best I could see the team achieving was possibly home ice in the playoffs. The fact that we not only did that, but finished in first place to boot, is something for the coaches and players at UNH to be proud of. They've come a long way this year, they really have.

Everybody says its a down year for Hockey East and it certainly is. The league's (including BC's) out of conference record is nothing to write home about. I will concede right now, as this is written, that BC is better than UNH on paper. But they had a chance to win the league title this past weekend. They knew what they had to do, sweep two games. On Friday they outshot UNH by a wide margin for two periods, had a 3-0 lead, and the game seemingly locked up. But for the second time this year at the Whit, they spit the bit, and because of that, lost their chance to get the first seed.

Now, if the two teams play in the HE final (something I'm not sure will happen), BC fans can look at it as their chance to not only totally dominate but to win convincingly. UNH fans, although with a little dread, can take solace in the fact that their team played horrendously against BC in all but 40 minutes of the 185 the teams played this year but were outscored only 11-10. I think it is reasonable for our fans to think that, if only we play just a little bit better, we can beat these guys. I don't think that's totally off the wall, just a little different than what some on this thread think, that's all.

Let's get by our quarterfinal rounds first.

Comment

You BC guys should emulate your team's coaches a bit more....Kelley, Ceglarski, nor York would be saying the crap you guys are....any of you FANS remember the days when UNH always dominated BC...when Joe Mullen and Paul Skidmore were your Giontas......wasn't it Lombardi who told his player not to make a big deal of scoring a touchdown, "act like you've done this before"..
                  someone on here remembers paul skidmore???? WOW!!!!

Comment

hey Quiddy, I don't think I'm making their point but c'est la guerre.....is there one thing we can agree on? Why is it that a 30 game season means less than a 3 game seires? Why does the tourney winner get the auto bid, when simply a hot goaltender can be a championship difference? How does this make any sense in making the arguement that a regular season means something? also thanks to puckfan 2001 for articulating the arguement for me....btw Quiddy, congrads on your women's team win today....after only 5 years, it's impressive...a great job by Brian Durocher, who played just a few years past Paul Skidmore, Sterlippo....many great players back in the golden days

Comment

Why is it that a 30 game season means less than a 3 game seires? Why does the tourney winner get the auto bid, when simply a hot goaltender can be a championship difference? How does this make any sense in making the arguement that a regular season means something?
                      IT HAS BEGUN!
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        IT HAS BEGUN!
                        The thing that is funny is the answer is obvious.

The end of season tournament championship rewards the "hot" team at the end of the year.

The regular season championship rewards the team that could handle the grind consistently over 5 months. In general if you are good enough to win the regular season your going to get an at large invite if you don't win it all.

However if you are hot (like for example MC this year) at the end of the year you get the chance to earn your way in based on how you are playing right now.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

This is awesome lol
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Why is it that a 30 game season means less than a 3 game seires?
                            At least get your bad arguments right. It's a 27 game season in which UNH bested BC by 1 point. Anything beyond that and really, you know... BC is in better shape.

Carry on, hillbillies.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4677645]

You didn't quote me, you just replied to my post. If you think what I stated is case of anti-Catholic bias, go ahead and say so. Can we agree that no institution, religious or secular, adheres to their teachings all the time?
                              i'm not interested in some diatribe about the failings of mankind and their institutions. where does it say in catholic teaching that you can't move a grave? cuz i wasn't taught that one. check this website. maybe you can find it there. http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/

i replied to your post and subsequently quoted you in another post word for word. so what? i already said you were catholic bashing.
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Too much drivel. Back to the HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire and 2009-2010 UNH Wildcats Season threads for this toothless hillbilly...
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X