Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    I know the party line right now, you wouldn't trade places with BC!!! Sure sure.
    Apparently we'd have to in order to be allowed to get excited about our team overachieving their way to the #1 seed.

(Do BC teams ever actually "over" achieve? We hear about how awesome they are every year...)

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    Excuse me! You're forgetting about the

REGULAR
    SEASON
    CHAMPIONS!!!
    It's no Beanpot, but I'm pretty sure that the BC fans would have been celebrating just as wildly as they were back in February had things broke differently. Of course, on here, all the posters would say, "oh, we weren't that excited." Right.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

[QUOTE=e.cat;4677102] lose the catholic bashing please

In case you didn't notice, it was BC bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        take your one uptick in the pairwise and go home. thanks for playing though
        Uptick of one? Technically. It was a swing of about 10, had we been swept. Just going from the tie to a loss in game 1 would have dropped us from t-5th to t-10th in the PWR.

Also, moving up into a 1 seed is a pretty significant 'uptick.'
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I understand that getting a #1 seed in the NCAA's is not a big deal to UNH fans, as that only means that you'll lose to a 4 seed instead of a 2 or 3, but to teams with national aspirations, moving into the top four in the PWR is a pretty big deal.
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            Bwaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa Carmine! For a minute there you almost had me believing that your Eagles didnt blow 2, 3-0 leads against UNH! LOL!!!! 3-0! I like our chances of possibly facing BC at the Garden. A LOT! HA!
            Just curious, what about the series makes you like your chances? The whole leading for 45 seconds thing? Not saying UNH can't beat BC, just wondering what makes you like your chances.

it's a new season now so move on. i have
            ha ok, so now you've moved on.

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
            It's no Beanpot, but I'm pretty sure that the BC fans would have been celebrating just as wildly as they were back in February had things broke differently. Of course, on here, all the posters would say, "oh, we weren't that excited." Right.
            I'm not gonna take anything away from UNH on a major accomplishment. Seeing how competitive the league was, even more impressive. I was disappointed BC didn't hang on Friday night to set up a crazy scene at Conte, but BC is still in very good shape heading into the postseason.

Comment

Don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm not sure why a team that lost the regular season title when their chance to win it was in their own hands should be woofing right now. But then again, if good decision making was part of the BC education, students wouldn't be getting beaten on a regular basis in the Maryanne's parking lot by Gambino family enforcers for not paying off their debts in a timely manner.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                Apparently we'd have to in order to be allowed to get excited about our team overachieving their way to the #1 seed.
                Overachieving? Take a look at our goal differential. Based on our pythagorean expectation, we're underachieving a TON.
                Do BC teams ever actually "over" achieve? We hear about how awesome they are every year...
                What's that? I'm sorry, the glare from this picture I had open in another window prevented me from reading that.

*****http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v235/105/95/1619413/n1619413_34498293_5713.jpg******

The difference between UNH and BC is that had it been BC, we wouldn't be hanging our hats on a regular season trophy when we had just played 105 minutes of **** hockey in one weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Don't have a dog in this fight...
                  Wow, it didn't take you very long to lose your credibility for this entire post, terrier.

On a side note, nice to see that this thread is still kicking. I like it.

Comment

BC beat the first place team and their fans are all jazzed up. I'm happy for them. Lets not take away their moment.

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg Ambrose;4677108]
                      lose the catholic bashing please

In case you didn't notice, it was BC bashing.

right. geez i could have sworn you said something like, "So much for the sanctity of Catholic teachings." if that's bc bashing find another way to bash them please.
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Overachieving? Take a look at our goal differential. Based on our pythagorean expectation, we're underachieving a TON.
                        What's that? I'm sorry, the glare from this picture I had open in another window prevented me from reading that.

*****http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v235/105/95/1619413/n1619413_34498293_5713.jpg******

The difference between UNH and BC is that had it been BC, we wouldn't be hanging our hats on a regular season trophy when we had just played 105 minutes of **** hockey in one weekend.
                        Your responses show how little you actually comprehend of what you're reading; you're twisting everything to fit your desires.

What CbG was saying is that UNH OVERACHIEVED, and so if us Wildcat fans are pleased, and excited about that, it's because we didn't expect it this year. After watching the team start 2-6-2, it was an accomplishment, and overachieving.

What you don't hear us saying is, "We're going all the way this year." The expectations of most UNH fans is that we'll be lucky to make the Saturday game in Boston, and if we win one game at regionals we'll be pretty pleased. The expectations are not as high as years past, so winning the regular season championship IS a big deal this year.

And despite the fact that you won the season series, by all rights it probalby should have been 3-0 BC. Am I thrilled about the way UNH played in the three games? OF COURSE NOT. But if I'm a BC fan, I'm at least a bit concerned about the inability to close out the two games at the Whit -- it's very unlike a Jerry York team. Rover put it quite well; I wouldn't be blowing my own horn too loudly for a 3-2 victory over UNH. If you outplayed us so well, why wasn't the score more lopsided? Yeah, Foster played great when the rest of the team didn't, but last time I checked hockey is a team sport, and you don't get extra goals just for outskating everybody, you have to earn them.

If nothing else, it will be a very fun thread to read if UNH and BC make it to the title game (I'll be very surprised, and, holy crap, pleased, if UNH does).
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                          \ But if I'm a BC fan, I'm at least a bit concerned about the inability to close out the two games at the Whit
                          I would be...

if BC was playing at the Whit again this year.
                          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                          -
                          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                            I would be...

if BC was playing at the Whit again this year.
                            Winner.

Comment

don't plan on putting on an addition to your trophy case any time soon
                              Yeah, I have a feeling that's a correct statement. 2 is still greater than zero
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Rover's just pumped that BU gained home ice!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X