New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

they are just as bad if not worse to team families. and by that I mean the BC fams. you can find out yourself if you want to wait for autographs with your young child.. they herd everyone across an imaginary line because of "security issues."

yeah, the family of one of your scholarship athletes is going to do something to hurt the precious arena. yeesh

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      i'm still not convinced are you?

which team is the pressure on tonight?
      Convinced? No, but I still think BC is a better team. Two games up at UNH in which BC hasn't trailed. Full credit to UNH for coming back. There is pressure on both teams tonight for PWR implications.

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      it looks like UNH's top gear is as good if not better than BC's
      Not sure about this, but am looking forward to seeing UNH in person and on the road. BC has been very good at home.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        BC's second was a good goal. Very clear the puck was coming back out of the net when the whistle can be heard. Of course light travels much faster than sound, so you saw the goal way before you heard the whistle, when in fact in real time he may have actually blown the whistle before the puck crossed the goal line...
        Sounds like you're refuting your own argument AC. Also sounds like you watched on TV where others have indicated there seemed to be an audio/video synchronization issue. No question live that the whistle came before the puck was in. Given the speed of sound vs. light point you raise, it may have occurred before the shot. Anyway, inexplicable bad call by refs - shocking
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
          I'd expect Blake Kessel to see very little, if any, ice time given the injury he took last night
          Who would that leave for a sixth D, hyphen guy (too lazy to check his name)?
          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Schools where no one has said a word to me: BU, Harvard, NU, PC, UML, UNH, UVM
            Schools where someone saw me, told me they were going to check for me, and then gave me permission: Maine
            Schools that told me I can't play (but I do anyway at the end): UMass
            I'm surprised to see UML and UVM on there. I was approached at UVM during starting lineups and told that I wouldn't be allowed to play the bell. And the Tstormtroopers at Lowell are notoriously strict.

At least UMA is consistent. You can't do anything there.

I don't mind allowing other fans to do that kind of stuff. I didn't like that the school allowed BC to bring their band to the Quarters last year, but speaking as a guy who plays the cowbell in any rink he's allowed, I think individual fans bringing instruments is fine.
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

i'm still not convinced are you?
              I am now.

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              it looks like UNH's top gear is as good if not better than BC's
              Might be as good, but certainly aint better.

BTW, I dvred Friday's game. Lombardi's goal came before the whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                BTW, I dvred Friday's game. Lombardi's goal came before the whistle.
                Everyone here agrees that on film it was in before the whistle. Most of us at the game think that NESN may have had an A/V timing issue.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

This was a fun series to watch and hopefully we get one more at the HE final in a few weeks. Kessel is a player and think he'll do well if he stays at UNH all four years. Foster stood on his head last night. That game could easily have been 7-2 BC if he didn't play as well as he did.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Postgame stuff from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey from last night's BC-UNH game:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6093
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzyoA0-yZm0

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I am now.

i'm not but i might be if bc beats unh with something on the line other than one notch in the pairwise.
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

i'm not but i might be if bc beats unh with something on the line other than one notch in the pairwise.
                        You're hilarious. You seem bitter that UNH wasn't able to beat BC this year and that it's universally accepted that BC is the better team. Keep holding onto what's important to you UNH fans... regular season titles. That's the real important thing. Yea yea, last night was a meaningless game... unless you won it. Then it would have been the end all be all and the boost in PWR for UNH would have been supremely important.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Everyone here agrees that on film it was in before the whistle. Most of us at the game think that NESN may have had an A/V timing issue.
                          I finally watched most of the game yesterday afternoon with some friends. Here is what I noticed, and I think it was telling about this timing issue. Caron was interviewing LeBlanc between the second and third periods and it was obvious that the audio was delayed. There would be a pause, Caron would ask LeBlanc a question and LeBlanc's lips would start moving BEFORE any words could be heard. That obviously indicates a delay in the audio feed, meaning (to me anyway) that the audio of the whistle was behind the play. If HE and the NCAA are going to use these feeds when they do reviews in the playoffs, they better clear this discrepancy up in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mowers10 View Post
                            I know this goes back a few pages, but....

BC has a beautiful campus. I guess if you live in Lynn the bar has been set so high that everything else pales in comparison.
                            I never compared BC's campus to Lynn. All I was saying is that the end of campus near Conte is concrete. The road from St. Ignatius to the rink is one long stretch of concrete, from the dorms, to the parking garage, to the arena (although I did walk across a small patch of grass last night). Yes, a large swath of the campus is still green, but the rest is not so much, at least compared to the pre-Flutie, pre-national focus that BC has had for the last 25 years or so. And don't forget that BC wants to build on the St. John Seminary property, their intent so baldface that they want to move Cardinal O'Connell's gravesite to another location so they can construct more high rise dorms.

As for Lynn, it is a city. It has miles and miles of concrete because it is a city of 90,000. But we also have Lynn Woods, four square miles of undeveloped forest which is used by hikers and mountain bikers from all over New England. We also have Gannon GC, an 18 hole golf course adjacent to the Woods. You can get some beautiful views of the Boston skyline from several of the holes. And we have the ocean, never get tired of being close to that. Lynn is not bucolic by any stretch, but you can find yourself in bucolic settings within its boundaries if you're so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                              The road from St. Ignatius to the rink is one long stretch of concrete, from the dorms, to the parking garage, to the arena (although I did walk across a small patch of grass last night).
                              Ambrose, I know you're usually off in fantasyland a lot of the times you're posting here (and probably the rest of the time in between), but do you actually read the stuff you write?

BC's got a road that is paved (or technically "concrete")? Incredible! Breaking news!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess being a UNH fan you're used to seeing dirt roads and you'd prefer BC has dirt roads to resemble the hillbilly university in Durham...

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                              And don't forget that BC wants to build on the St. John Seminary property, their intent so baldface that they want to move Cardinal O'Connell's gravesite to another location so they can construct more high rise dorms.
                              And finally, the last thing BC wants to do is put up high rise dorms. That's what the neighbors in Brighton want BC to do on the main campus. BC refuses. As a result, the current plan to put some smaller dorms on the seminary land has been downsized even more. The main plan for the land is also to add baseball and softball fields on the seminary land. Also of note, BC did purchase 2000 Comm Ave to help house more students, which is a high rise.

Do your homework and maybe take your meds more often if you want to spout off about BC.
                              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 03-07-2010, 10:27 AM.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                You're hilarious. You seem bitter that UNH wasn't able to beat BC this year and that it's universally accepted that BC is the better team.
                                Thats is hilarious. Thanks for the entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                                X